vVv Milkyy

CHOP LIST APRIL '20

All,

I’ve been taking a back seat since posting this, in order to take time to listen to members and the community to be able to move forward with this. 

Whilst many of you have taken the time to raise concerns or comments, this isn’t something out of the ordinary when a Chop List is announced. Although some of you may disagree, I feel this has shown a positive reaction. Whilst some vVv “Honorary Members” sit within the Discord but haven’t engaged or been on the site for mass extent of the time, they are now engaging somewhat more than they have done in recent weeks/months/possibly years. Whilst I disagree with some comments, as President, I feel there needs to be a happy medium, something we need to listen to. I do feel those recent members who have made their cases heard, have a point which we should listen.

For those who have reached out to me it’s appreciated, along with members sharing their thoughts over the matter. Jerry’s comments on three points of what might an Honorary Member face are detailed below.

1. Honorary member doesn't game anymore and therefore understands they are getting chopped, and respects the decision
  2. They become active again
  3. They explain to Milkyy why they can't be active now, but would like to remain.

Which a number of you have done recently which I appreciate. 

vVv Community Members - for those who are active within the community and want to engage in community game nights, publicly text chat or talk via voice comms to other members, help new applicants, post within our forums and promote vVv through their social channels.  

Honorary Members - earned through achievements by the leadership team and will gain the v’a for life. Although, where possible we would like some activity, we all would like to keep in touch!

We will make changes within Discord by taking suggestions onboard from this post and these will be put in place tonight.

We have already taken measures to decrease voice comms for games that aren’t as popular anymore or participated in along with those titled game chats.

This said, there will be a removal of vVv Member Chat and replaced into a Community Member Chat for everyone including applicants to engage with.

So, in summary and on reflection from all responses, here is what’s going to happen.

Honorary members will be removed from the chopping block and remain as normal. The community have made it clear they still want to respect the fact they are inactive within the community or not. 

Community members listed below will remain within vVv after reaching out to me and on discussion positive outcome has been made. I hope those listed will reach out to me in time  

vVv Samona 

This highlights a time where the community has come together and made their voices heard, it’s down to the leadership team and myself to stand back, listen, take note and make those decisions. I think we have done that. 

I’m happy to say this should conclude the dialog and move forward together. 

35 minutes ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

The way that I see Honorary Members, they are individuals that have positively influenced vVv and left their marks in history. While not exactly 1=1 equivalent, it would be similar to "chopping" past tournament achievements just because players are no longer active in vVv. So while the intent is in the right direction, it is the wrong approach to go about it.

Now, if y'all want to turn Honorary Members into Historic Members (exemplary members of the past), and create a new tier of membership where members are exemplary and are required to remain active, then yea that would be something that would work. So basically splitting Honorary into Historic Member (or any similar name) and then Exemplary Member (or similar name) for active ones. This keeps our history untouched and elevates current exemplary members where they should be. Eventually Exemplary Members will get archived into Historic Members as they retire.

As for my activity, I only have a Switch for console, I currently playing WoW classic. I recently started to play Valorant and have picked up some games with Amped and Stitches. I'm only active around here when my presence or help is needed. Also if anyone wants to play Valorant, hit me up.

I think this is a great suggestion and something we should take on board. 

Thank you so much Milkyy, and everybody else that contributed to these discussions. I think this was really good for us, now let’s get down to business on CGNs and stuff! :D

12 hours ago, vVv LordJerith said:

Your first post was thoughtful.  This post, and I will be direct here, is dramatic.  It assumes the worst in their messaging.  Let's give them the benefit fo teh dounbbt. let's also imagine the three situations that mature honorary members will find themselves in:

1. Honorary member doesn't game anymore and therefore understands they are getting chopped, and respects the decision
  2. They become active again
  3. They explain to Milkyy why they can't be active now, but would like to remain.

Let's not make this more than it is. Froot clearly said that he and Milkyy will take the feedback and make adjustments. 

Plus, Chop-chop lists have always woke people up and caused discussion.. I have made countless of these "tough love posts."  It shook the trees and got people who were absent to get involved.  The mature members reached out to me privately and explained why they were absent, and I often removed them from the list.  Yes, a few whined, but I used those as teaching moments. Bagzlis first post revealed that I wasn't clear with him on how to properly execute a chop-chop list, but he found hsi own way,  A way I did them, also.

Now, if you care about vVv and want to see it grow into something new, get involved.  If you don't, that's OK, also. 

I'm confident that Milkyy and Froot will do the right thing.  Change is coming, though.  Now is the time to think in new ways and think big. We are never going back to vVv of the old days. Just like the world will never be the same after COVID-19.  Think in new ways.  

100% agree.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name