vVv Milkyy

vVv Milkyy declares "Interested" in being considered for CEO of vVv Gaming

Fellow vVv members, maybe this wasn't the right place to submit this however, as a community I feel it has a level of relevance on determining who is going to take vVv forward.

First of all, I would like to show a great level of respect for Scott (vVv Exodus) known him since '08 when I was amongst the staff here and where vVv was making big waves! Scott has kick started vVv Gaming again, bringing back so many old faces which all add value to vVv Gaming in their own right. Scott deserves the upmost appreciation, even though he mentions he feels he failed vVv which rest assured, non of us think this! Much love bro!

Heres for the nitty gritty......

As much as I would like to see as many ex vVv Gaming come back, I would love to be able have the community attract new recruits that would love to represent our organisation. Highlighting the fact that we are looking to push back into the competitive competition where vVv made its name worldwide!

However, our strategy will always remain the same for coming into vVv Gaming, and it should still be pretty clear.. You need to earn those vVv's, not by just by being around the shoutbox and Discord, or playing with certain vVv Members... you need to go the extra mile, we represent the organisation in many ways and with today's social networks is still a very crucial tool that is well worth implementing.  Sharing vVv content with your social media channels - Twitter should still be a must, along with shares to Facebook where possible. 

----------------------------------

Things I would consider to change..

Logo
For most, your probably sigh...... However, even though we have only recently re-developed the logo, I do still feel that the logo is still well apart from what it would have been, the logo is the main thing you look at when building a brand to also build an element of interest. The logo for me still looks too clan and unprofessional - I know there will be many that will disagree and some may come forward to agree with these comments, but to have a modern, authentic, stand out / wow factor esports logo is what is needed to really kickstart us again.

-----------------------------------
The 5 Pillars - dated back in 2019.

Social Events
One of the underlying messages I keep hearing is that people want to play together. We are here because we're gamers, and playing games together is one of the core elements of vVv. Activities this should include are community game nights in specific titles, streamer viewing parties, and tournament viewing events.

Professional Networking and Support
Once upon a time vVv got people jobs in the games industry. Well that time is still now, but we can expand the opportunities beyond the games industry. We can support the people who want to hone games industry skills (community management, event coordination, etc.) and also support members who want to become streamers, influencers, and content creators. Specifically for Streamers, this is a symbiotic relationship. Streamers represent vVv, vVv supports streamers (viewers, retweets, etc), and that system could build some real steam once it gets momentum.

Central business activity
Several people mentioned bringing back tournaments and vVv-supported competition. These can become the nexus around with the organization rotates, giving our competitive members a chance to compete, our staff something to build, our community something to cheer for, and our streamers something to build on. "But what game should we compete in?" I hear you ask. All of them! No one just plays one game anymore, we rotate through them as they get stale. vVv's tournament should be more like the PAX Omegathon, where your final result is dependent on your performance in several different games (just an idea, is this too crazy?).

Making new Friends
This is another big part of why we're here. We want to be a part of a community of friends and fellow gamers. That should infuse everything we do, and all of our activities should be built to support it.

Classy Environment
One of the earliest things I heard about vVv Gaming was that it should be a place where any member is someone I'd want to play games with. We've always kept out, or removed, people who didn't fit the culture, and we should continue to do the same now. Part of this is holding each other accountable, and part of it is moderation, but we should maintain that culture of "I could play games with everyone here."

-----------------------------

Application Process:

The application process shouldn't be in a set timescale, should be noticed by the adding value of the applicant, and (or) referral from a vVv Gaming Member that they believe they are ready for interview stages.

The same process would apply to applications/applicants that go inactive for more than 30 days. If your away for this time period your application will be closed and you will need to restart the process from the beginning.

Staff Positions - vVv Gaming only needs a small team to develop the need for more positions, as vVv grows again. To start with the site will need the following Staff Positions: 

• - Assistant of Ops - assisting with Presidents tasks, whilst there is a small time difference with being in the UK - a US representative would be essential. 
  • - Admin x2 - site forum needs a clean up - this will be a challenging task to get through but essential. 
  • - Community Gameplay Manager.
  • - Applications Representative - making sure that all applications have been contacted/replied to - introducing themselves, and giving further information to the new applicants that they would feel useful.  

Members:

- The famous Chopping Block - for those who have been here to remember, this was at times the harsh hand that met those who did not add value to vVv Gaming and in doing so was dropped from the organisation. This Chop List will not be brought into play for awhile unless reasonably practical to do so.. - we need to build the community and most of the time, we live busy lives where it isn't always possible to be active on the site, the key point is adding Value, if you aren't doing so, you may face the chop.

Community Gameplay:

Get yourself involved by playing with both applicants and vVv Members - This is what the community is all about, enjoying the gaming but also meeting friends along the way.

The likes of holding a vVv Gaming Community Gameplay every Friday or Saturday evening where we will all try to battle it out. The idea would be to bring the competitive spirits out.

Community Tournaments:

This is something that I think would get the community buzzing.. We all love the tournament's right?! How about adding a Community Tournament with a Prize Fund? Each person who wants to enter the tournament would pay an entry fee of $5/$10 - or if you have a team you can enter $20/$25.

The winner or winning team would receive a Prize Fund of 60% of total entry value.

Sponsors:

This is something that I would be looking to bring into vVv Gaming - on the basis to help our competitive push and for fellow gamer(s) alike.

Donations to vVv Gaming:

We would like to ask for your support, especially through this period by donating again to vVv Gaming, it doesn't matter how small your donation is, as this is adding to bring better things to you all here at vVv Gaming. Min donation would be $5.00.

Donations would be put towards the site upgrades, running of the site or to be able to bring you all amazing content/must haves or simply bringing back the vVv Gaming Merchandise.

Donations can be given just because you want to donate, this is another great way to add value.

Merchandise:

This is something I may look to redesign and get back out there for you all at vVv. Times are changing into the way t-shirts and jumpers are made and we can make clothing casual with the presence to still be noticed of who we are!

Overall we would like to increase the Hall of Fame at vVv Gaming:

Hopefully one day, we can increase our competitive gaming achievements and increase the list of honours that grace vVv Gaming as it does today.

--------------------------

For now, this is just the beginning, to consider my interest... appreciate any feedback or comments.

Kr,

Milkyy.

Very well said and I would definitely like to have a meeting with everyone from vVv to hear some ideas about various things. I think that is the best way to get things done and to keep everyone accountable 

4 minutes ago, vVv Stitches said:

Very well said and I would definitely like to have a meeting with everyone from vVv to hear some ideas about various things. I think that is the best way to get things done and to keep everyone accountable 

I agree - almost should hold a vVv Members Committee with insights to where members would like to ask or share ideas to implement. 

18 minutes ago, vVv Milkyy said:

Fellow vVv members, maybe this wasn't the right place to submit this however, as a community I feel it has a level of relevance on determining who is going to take vVv forward.

First of all, I would like to show a great level of respect for Scott (vVv Exodus) known him since '08 when I was amongst the staff here and where vVv was making big waves! Scott has kick started vVv Gaming again, bringing back so many old faces which all add value to vVv Gaming in their own right. Scott deserves the upmost appreciation, even though he mentions he feels he failed vVv which rest assured, non of us think this! Much love bro!

Heres for the nitty gritty......

As much as I would like to see as many ex vVv Gaming come back, I would love to be able have the community attract new recruits that would love to represent our organisation. Highlighting the fact that we are looking to push back into the competitive competition where vVv made its name worldwide!

However, our strategy will always remain the same for coming into vVv Gaming, and it should still be pretty clear.. You need to earn those vVv's, not by just by being around the shoutbox and Discord, or playing with certain vVv Members... you need to go the extra mile, we represent the organisation in many ways and with today's social networks is still a very crucial tool that is well worth implementing.  Sharing vVv content with your social media channels - Twitter should still be a must, along with shares to Facebook where possible. 

----------------------------------

Things I would consider to change..

Logo
For most, your probably sigh...... However, even though we have only recently re-developed the logo, I do still feel that the logo is still well apart from what it would have been, the logo is the main thing you look at when building a brand to also build an element of interest. The logo for me still looks too clan and unprofessional - I know there will be many that will disagree and some may come forward to agree with these comments, but to have a modern, authentic, stand out / wow factor esports logo is what is needed to really kickstart us again.

-----------------------------------
The 5 Pillars - dated back in 2019.

Social Events
One of the underlying messages I keep hearing is that people want to play together. We are here because we're gamers, and playing games together is one of the core elements of vVv. Activities this should include are community game nights in specific titles, streamer viewing parties, and tournament viewing events.

Professional Networking and Support
Once upon a time vVv got people jobs in the games industry. Well that time is still now, but we can expand the opportunities beyond the games industry. We can support the people who want to hone games industry skills (community management, event coordination, etc.) and also support members who want to become streamers, influencers, and content creators. Specifically for Streamers, this is a symbiotic relationship. Streamers represent vVv, vVv supports streamers (viewers, retweets, etc), and that system could build some real steam once it gets momentum.

Central business activity
Several people mentioned bringing back tournaments and vVv-supported competition. These can become the nexus around with the organization rotates, giving our competitive members a chance to compete, our staff something to build, our community something to cheer for, and our streamers something to build on. "But what game should we compete in?" I hear you ask. All of them! No one just plays one game anymore, we rotate through them as they get stale. vVv's tournament should be more like the PAX Omegathon, where your final result is dependent on your performance in several different games (just an idea, is this too crazy?).

Making new Friends
This is another big part of why we're here. We want to be a part of a community of friends and fellow gamers. That should infuse everything we do, and all of our activities should be built to support it.

Classy Environment
One of the earliest things I heard about vVv Gaming was that it should be a place where any member is someone I'd want to play games with. We've always kept out, or removed, people who didn't fit the culture, and we should continue to do the same now. Part of this is holding each other accountable, and part of it is moderation, but we should maintain that culture of "I could play games with everyone here."

-----------------------------

Application Process:

The application process shouldn't be in a set timescale, should be noticed by the adding value of the applicant, and (or) referral from a vVv Gaming Member that they believe they are ready for interview stages.

The same process would apply to applications/applicants that go inactive for more than 30 days. If your away for this time period your application will be closed and you will need to restart the process from the beginning.

Staff Positions - vVv Gaming only needs a small team to develop the need for more positions, as vVv grows again. To start with the site will need the following Staff Positions: 

• - Assistant of Ops - assisting with Presidents tasks, whilst there is a small time difference with being in the UK - a US representative would be essential. 
  • - Admin x2 - site forum needs a clean up - this will be a challenging task to get through but essential. 
  • - Community Gameplay Manager.
  • - Applications Representative - making sure that all applications have been contacted/replied to - introducing themselves, and giving further information to the new applicants that they would feel useful.  

Members:

- The famous Chopping Block - for those who have been here to remember, this was at times the harsh hand that met those who did not add value to vVv Gaming and in doing so was dropped from the organisation. This Chop List will not be brought into play for awhile unless reasonably practical to do so.. - we need to build the community and most of the time, we live busy lives where it isn't always possible to be active on the site, the key point is adding Value, if you aren't doing so, you may face the chop.

Community Gameplay:

Get yourself involved by playing with both applicants and vVv Members - This is what the community is all about, enjoying the gaming but also meeting friends along the way.

The likes of holding a vVv Gaming Community Gameplay every Friday or Saturday evening where we will all try to battle it out. The idea would be to bring the competitive spirits out.

Community Tournaments:

This is something that I think would get the community buzzing.. We all love the tournament's right?! How about adding a Community Tournament with a Prize Fund? Each person who wants to enter the tournament would pay an entry fee of $5/$10 - or if you have a team you can enter $20/$25.

The winner or winning team would receive a Prize Fund of 60% of total entry value.

Sponsors:

This is something that I would be looking to bring into vVv Gaming - on the basis to help our competitive push and for fellow gamer(s) alike.

Donations to vVv Gaming:

We would like to ask for your support, especially through this period by donating again to vVv Gaming, it doesn't matter how small your donation is, as this is adding to bring better things to you all here at vVv Gaming. Min donation would be $5.00.

Donations would be put towards the site upgrades, running of the site or to be able to bring you all amazing content/must haves or simply bringing back the vVv Gaming Merchandise.

Donations can be given just because you want to donate, this is another great way to add value.

Merchandise:

This is something I may look to redesign and get back out there for you all at vVv. Times are changing into the way t-shirts and jumpers are made and we can make clothing casual with the presence to still be noticed of who we are!

Overall we would like to increase the Hall of Fame at vVv Gaming:

Hopefully one day, we can increase our competitive gaming achievements and increase the list of honours that grace vVv Gaming as it does today.

--------------------------

For now, this is just the beginning, to consider my interest... appreciate any feedback or comments.

Kr,

Milkyy.

Thank you brother, you've been a friend for 12 years and a good one. I 100% trust you, I know you can run this organization well along with another. Obviously I'll be involved, here for guidance, enforcing things etc.  Love the post,  only thing I think will never change is the logo, with the new site up, merch and everything already changed over I can tell you LJ likes the current logo, paid for the new site and logo design, wasn't cheap, trust me on that. Other than that, all looks good to me. Hopefully LJ can meet with you soon as well as myself, I sure hope someone with the same mindset like you steps up to lead with you if that's the route we go. Much love, thank you again for the kind words and vVv will be here forever we all will make sure of that.

All very valid points, great sense of a plan, and very similar wants and focus of those in vVv. I agree with stitches for the meeting but also really support what you’re vision for vVv’s future is. Now it’s a matter of getting it done but as a community we should all push for these things together. There are so few of us around right now I feel as a team we can get it back to the top.

I really appreciate the effort and organization that went into this post. I’m really satisfied with how you’ve laid out your views. If you’re willing to take on the job I think you’ll do excellent. 

Chop chop 2020 babyyyy! 

Couldn't agree more, vVv's competitive differentiation has always been organized play and a social/competitive community. Let me know how I can help.

Happy to see that you have a plan in mind. This will make our community stand out and bring it back to what it once was. Can’t wait to see changes. Also, I do agree with the idea of a vVv meeting to get things going. 

On 3/24/2020 at 2:45 AM, vVv Infms805 said:

Happy to see that you have a plan in mind. This will make our community stand out and bring it back to what it once was. Can’t wait to see changes. Also, I do agree with the idea of a vVv meeting to get things going. 

Thanks man, I would implement a vVv Members Committee to discuss anything members have concerns for or ideas to make vVv great again!  

On 3/24/2020 at 1:18 AM, vVv RobZ said:

Couldn't agree more, vVv's competitive differentiation has always been organized play and a social/competitive community. Let me know how I can help.

Thanks brother! Let’s have chat about this!

I would support both you and Froot working together.  The opportunity here is a big one. My suggestions (feel free to disagree):

1) vVv should be a start-up focused on raising funds. I think this should be a real business.  This is something that when funds are raised, people should be paid like real jobs.  I want to see a business plan 🙂 

2)This should not focus on esports anymore. That ship has sailed. The next challenge we have in gaming is about large-scale social communities. Maybe vVv should be run more like a gym, country club or lounge/bar. I think the main problem is that many formerly hard-core gamers got jobs and families and now have less time. They need something aimed at the mid-core gamer or former hard-core gamer.

3) I think the only way to guarantee that everyone has fun and a good time is by controlling membership. There is a reasons that people join certain clubs/groups It's because they want to be around good people. Good members are everything, and to attract good members vVv must add value to their lives (as any good service does).

1 hour ago, vVv LordJerith said:

I would support both you and Froot working together.  The opportunity here is a big one. My suggestions (feel free to disagree):

1) vVv should be a start-up focused on raising funds. I think this should be a real business.  This is something that when funds are raised, people should be paid like real jobs.  I want to see a business plan 🙂 

2)This should not focus on esports anymore. That ship has sailed. The next challenge we have in gaming is about large-scale social communities. Maybe vVv should be run more like a gym, country club or lounge/bar. I think the main problem is that many formerly hard-core gamers got jobs and families and now have less time. They need something aimed at the mid-core gamer or former hard-core gamer.

3) I think the only way to guarantee that everyone has fun and a good time is by controlling membership. There is a reasons that people join certain clubs/groups It's because they want to be around good people. Good members are everything, and to attract good members vVv must add value to their lives (as any good service does).

I 100% support Fr0ot and Milkyy running the ship. I do think vVv should be competitive along with the exclusive community. That's just me, we have some very talented players that could go far. I'd like for any vVv team to be homegrown,  done with getting other teams for 2 months and they leave. There had to be a happy medium, again just my opinion, I roll with you no matter what but me personally, there's a lot that want to compete. I'd day Twitch, YouTube should be booming. I'd like to see vVv dominate the streaming world, be the talk of social media, have an amazing community with dominate teams. Like I said, I'm not going anywhere,  vVv for life as always. I'll be happy to work with Fr0ot my friend for 14 years and Milkyy same thing. I'll support whatever but thats my two cents 🙂

2 hours ago, vVv LordJerith said:

I agree and disagree with some of these statements. I feel that since vVv became a community rather than esports organization it has fallen apart. This change is part of what made it so dead, vVv took out all consoles, switched to rocket league only, then became a clan. A family friendly play together group. I get that everyone grew up. It’s life, but that doesn’t mean that everyone in vVv is too old to compete, or that anyone is too old to just play for fun. It should be both, having competition creates a place for gamers to flock to, thats what made me find vVv in 2010. Everyone who remembers vVv remembers from the competitive not the family game night. The late night Gears of War scrims, The hardcore MLG events. The Black Ops 2 hopefuls, The LoL underdogs. That is who we are. I like your ideas of it being a startup, and a membership meaning something. The community makes that happen, we go out we dominate and make people remember The V’s that’s what this community has been and will always be to me.

16 hours ago, vVv F R 0 o T x said:

vVv F r 0 o T x for VP 2020, I've got a few ideas, almost like I've done this before ;) 

Let’s do this brother! 

3 hours ago, vVv Exodus said:

Id like to talk to you and Chris on Discord asap to brainstorm.  Let me know hwje you both can and let's link up. I'll see if LJ can too.

Drop me a message on discord, I can be available tonight. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name