Luke Mlakar

Member Application - Luke "Alpha" Mlakar

• Name: Luke 'Alpha' Mlakar
  • Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Alphacca/
  • Battle.Net Tag: Alpha#13534
  • What is the game you are currently most active in and why? (only name one game)
    Rocket League, I kick-started the collegiate community through the College Carball Association and have helped numerous organizations run events. Currently managing 7 teams at Purdue Esports.
  • What are some other games that you currently play? Apex Legends
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? Helped Deathgrasp, Petey, and Mohulis run draft tournaments at vVv from 2016-2019
  • Who do you currently know in vVv Gaming? How did you get to know them? I know many, many people through vVv Rocket League events.
  • Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? I want to help this community re-grow, and feel a part of the community again.
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I fly planes and drones, and have an eye for art, mainly photography.
  • How do you plan to add value to vVv Gaming? Hopefully, bring back community events for Rocket League or Apex Legends.
  • Do you attend LAN Events? I've attended RLCS seasons 3,4,6,&7, Dreamhack Dallas '19, CRL Finals in Dallas, and MadCity LAN at Ignite Gaming Lounge in Chicago.

I may not be that active here on the forum, but I am very engaged with the community on Discord. Thanks for your consideration. Vision. Valor. Victory.

6 hours ago, vVv Stitches said:

Hey! Good luck on your app and what’s your username on discord? Maybe we can play some apex together soon 😬

I'm AlphaLuke#0001, nickname almost everywhere just Alpha

25 minutes ago, vVv Minjaaa said:

Welcome to vVv and good luck on your application! What platforms do you play on? :]

mainly PC, but i do have a ps4

31 minutes ago, Luke Mlakar said:

mainly PC, but i do have a ps4

Good stuff! Well I play RL on Xbox so if you're willing to do some crossplay soon let me know! Good luck with your app, be sure to stay active on the forums and discord. If you have any questions let me know! :]

1 hour ago, Luke Mlakar said:

Closed without ever getting an interview? Yikes

It's not closed, I accidentally clicked the wrong button. You need to step up your activity before an interview is granted.

You can’t be upset after only posting 5 times ever, discord is one part but here is where games and polls are taken and I haven’t really seen much from you. Keep posting and chatting on both hope to see you around!

I can't really focus a lot of time here though. I have classes and collegiate teams to manage. Plus I'm one of the head admins for CRL this fall. Forums like this are ancient to me. I haven't been involved in one since the HaloTracks forge days in Halo 3. Discord has taken their place in each and every one of my communities. Kinda seems like you're just holding a tree together by holding two branches that don't necessarily connect. I miss vVv, but if I have to jump thru all these hoops and months of waiting to get a membership interview, then maybe it's not for me. Big rip, you guys were set up to do amazing things in the RL and esports scenes.

It's not really that hard, won't feel like much effort at all if you're interested in being here! What I did to help out when I first got back was to mark everything as read, that was I wasn't combing through old conversations. Create a couple topics of your own of stuff you want to talk to the community about, and reply to new stuff as it pops up! We got a nice update from Exo and we are getting close to going live with some new merch, and that's some of the value these forums still provide. :] I'd hate to see somebody interesting in joining the community walk away. We should get some RL games in soon! :]

You don't have to be on the site 24/7,  I'm not. Say hi in the SB, or post a topic about a game you're playing and want to get others in with you. Also, if you play with other apps it helps me gauge who really wants to be here and who doesn't. I rely on your feedback, I want you on discord and here, again not 24/7 on the site but saying hi in the SB and replying to someones post if it interests you is not too much to ask.