Minjaaa

Monster Hunter: World

Since you fight monsters, this is where I am putting this forum! Anyways, who plays Monster Hunter: World? Let's discuss. What do you play on, what do you main, what's your favorite monster, anything! Hit me with random facts about you and your Monster Hunter experience, ask me questions about my own, etc!

I played it for maybe an hour and a half before I decided it wasn't for me. It looked visually and stylistically appealing to me as a game, I just couldn't get into it. :(

2 hours ago, vVv NBK said:

I played it for maybe an hour and a half before I decided it wasn't for me. It looked visually and stylistically appealing to me as a game, I just couldn't get into it. :(

Were you playing alone? To be fair, if you're just getting into MH and you're playing alone, it sucks. There is a lot the game doesn't teach you that makes it way more enjoyable, and the experience is waaaaay better with people. If you ever want to give it a shot again hit me up, I would be happy to help! :]

2 hours ago, vVv NBK said:

The game is a bit hard to understand, easy and fun to play though. The thing about it is that the whole build system for better damage, support, and survivability is based on the different gear from different monsters. And the grind does get real when collecting specific things. The game overall is fun with other players, can be fun solo if you're speedrunning or if you like to fly solo.

20 hours ago, Minjaaa said:

Since you fight monsters, this is where I am putting this forum! Anyways, who plays Monster Hunter: World? Let's discuss. What do you play on, what do you main, what's your favorite monster, anything! Hit me with random facts about you and your Monster Hunter experience, ask me questions about my own, etc!

My main weapon is Bow followed by Switch Axe. My favorite monster is Kirin, has been since it first appeared a long, long time ago (I am a long time MH player).

I got it on PC, and it wasn't really running all that well. I don't have any friends who play the game on PC so I was playing solo. 

1 hour ago, vVv GrimWolf said:

My main weapon is Bow followed by Switch Axe. My favorite monster is Kirin, has been since it first appeared a long, long time ago (I am a long time MH player).

Nice! I used the Bow every once in a while, and I'm messing with the Switch Axe on my alternate account. My main has and always will be the Hammer though. Kirin is such a frustrating monster for me lol. My favorite is Nargacuga!

14 hours ago, Minjaaa said:

Nice! I used the Bow every once in a while, and I'm messing with the Switch Axe on my alternate account. My main has and always will be the Hammer though. Kirin is such a frustrating monster for me lol. My favorite is Nargacuga!

Never have been a fan of the Nargacuga, but I do see why people would love it. Kirin is a pain, even the Arch Tempered is a pain... Took me a while to slay Tempered Kirin because of the one shot kills it has, but now the fight is extremely easy.

Must be nice to classify Kirin as easy. :P What's your loadout when you fight him? What skills do you personally prioritize against a Kirin?

5 hours ago, Minjaaa said:

Must be nice to classify Kirin as easy. :P What's your loadout when you fight him? What skills do you personally prioritize against a Kirin?

The build I use for fighting Kirin, though not fully done due to me not getting any gamma pieces, is as follows.

1. Anja Arch III
  2. Rath Soul Helm Beta
  3. Rathalos Mail Beta
  4. Kaiser Vambraces Beta
  5. Odogaron Coil Beta
  6. Lavasioth Greaves Beta
  7. Fitness Charm III

The equipment can be whatever, I use Health Booster and Vitality Mantle.

The skills are as follows:

1. Rathalos Mastery 2
  2. Fire Attack Lv 3
  3. Critical Boost Lv 3
  4. Weakness Exploit Lv 3
  5. Constitution Lv 3
  6. Critical Eye Lv 2
  7. Normal Shots Lv 1
  8. Spread/Power Shots Lv 1

Oh nice! I haven't really messed around with mixing armor sets yet because I'm lazy lol. I've been using the Nergigante armor for the longest time, I really like the set bonus and skills it provides. And it's just fun as a Hammer main lol.

On 6/17/2019 at 2:58 PM, vVv NerdPrblms said:

I've just started this game and there is a WHOLE LOT MORE to it that I realized. I'm a Dauntless fan so naturally this intrigued me.

Giiiiiiiiirl. I will accept an invite for Monster Hunter almost any time of day if I am on my Xbox lol. If you ever want some help let me know! I will play this game with as many people as I can!

I've got some 400+ hours on PS4 and maybe 100 or so on PC; however i will likely be going back to PS4 for Iceborne launch; unfortunately PC just seems to be too far behind and i don't really want to dump tons of farming into 2 different characters. If anyone is playing on PS4 for Iceborne launch im always up to hunt some big ass monsters.

14 hours ago, Blazek said:

I've got some 400+ hours on PS4 and maybe 100 or so on PC; however i will likely be going back to PS4 for Iceborne launch; unfortunately PC just seems to be too far behind and i don't really want to dump tons of farming into 2 different characters. If anyone is playing on PS4 for Iceborne launch im always up to hunt some big ass monsters.

I haven’t played on PS4 for a while, but I will if we have people over there. :) it used to be my primary, but my friend group got too busy so my focus shifted to Xbox. I’ll probably still scoop Iceborne for both. If you’re really itching to play before then let me know and I’ll dust off the PS4 controller. :P