vVv Buzz

Return of the Community Spotlight?

should we return the community spotlight  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we return the community spotlight

• yes
    • no

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2019 at 10:00 PM

1590657914_CommunitySpotlightpreview.png.707a801c02612e7a43f094dc0d4511e0.png

Would everyone be interested in returning of The community spotlight? Since we are starting to unroll the new site its time to start pushing content. I believe we have enough members  to be able to push a new article out bi-weekly. This will allow us to generate some content in and get our creative gears turning, bring the community closer through sharing our experience, and will give a stronger impression of the person behind the gamertag.  

I would like to have the first article published on the forums June 13th, 2019 and the answers to the interview questions in my inbox no Later than 7 days in advance. This is to allow time for me to make any graphics needed for the article, any revisions or make any necessary corrections.  We will choose the first community member by rounding up every current active member in a poll. We will release the poll via social media and allow people to vote for our first community member. Staff will be exempt from the polling along with anyone who has previously had a community spotlight. With plans to re-roll community spotlights for all previous members with updated criteria on the opposite week. after the first community member is chosen they will be able to announce the next candidate of their choosing. It could be anyone of staff, honorary member, or current vVv member

What is your feedback?  I would like to know your ideas, thoughts, questions.  how would you like to see the article written etc.

Edited by vVv Buzz

I would love this and it would be cool if we could have it has a video interview on Skype or something like that. Maybe include clips from gameplay if it’s a member who competes. I’m sooooo I’m on this!!

57 minutes ago, vVv Stitches said:

I would love this and it would be cool if we could have it has a video interview on Skype or something like that. Maybe include clips from gameplay if it’s a member who competes. I’m sooooo I’m on this!!

Agreed, video and writing FTW

20 hours ago, vVv Stitches said:

do you know anyone who may be intrested in this? is there anyone in the community with experience of doing this type of thing it would be cool to have a pod cast or start some type of regular viewing of some type of show

I really like this idea. I would suggest maybe monthly instead when you are first getting started, just to get the ball rolling again. Speed up production as vVv attracts more members and applicants, and there is no worry about rushing and running out of active members to feature.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, vVv Buzz said:

do you know anyone who may be intrested in this? is there anyone in the community with experience of doing this type of thing it would be cool to have a pod cast or start some type of regular viewing of some type of show

We have several people who would be very interested in a podcast for this as well as people who have had experience in producing this.

My vote is totally yes, some form of this should be brought back.

On 5/31/2019 at 7:46 AM, vVv NerdPrblms said:

We have several people who would be very interested in a podcast for this as well as people who have had experience in producing this.

My vote is totally yes, some form of this should be brought back.

get em together and lets set up a meeting, I am available front half weeks. Sunday-Wednesday. I work Thursday Friday and Saturday nights 1830 -0700 CDT  (630pm-7:00am)

On 5/29/2019 at 11:52 AM, vVv Stitches said:

It just has to be someone who can speak well and has a good personality 

For this reason, I would like to humbly nominate myself for the first spotlight. 😄

3 minutes ago, vVv Buzz said:

can you host it? 

Oops!  I meant to be interviewed, but I'm happy to help out in whatever way, schedule permitting.  

1 hour ago, vVv Nero said:

Oops!  I meant to be interviewed, but I'm happy to help out in whatever way, schedule permitting.  

You have been here forever so I would not mind you being the first one. Or honestly Exo since he is the president now.

I am totally good with Nero heading that up, he's a perfect fit. I think doing one in July would be good, also we can decide on how frequent we want them done. Personally they need to be spread out because we're still building the community up, I vote one every other month for now.