vVv Exodus

What do all of you want?

I am been thinking for a while now, I'll list below what I have been considering and you all let me know if you want any of it implemented. vVv Gaming is about YOU not me, so I want it to be the place you all want, let your voice be heard!

1) Streamer group on here and the discord.  Really want to support our streamers, any suggestions on how input is welcome.

2) Bringing back game specific groups- List relevant games that you want, not a 100 but we can make the top 4.

3) Adding new game forums, need suggestions. Any game forums that currently need to be removed?

4) Bring into vVv Gaming a known streamer, not Ninja level but someone with a great following that would draw a lot of attention to the site. Adding a twitch feature to the homepage, so when they go live everyone knows and we can watch. LJ and I have discussed this. Obv new site needs to be up before that feature goes live, any suggestions on a streamer? Is this something the community would want to do?

5) Division Managers- We did  this back in the day, won't be on the same level but someone that you can have direct contact with. They can run CGN's for that specific game, manage that games forum and members

6) We currently have Apex and RL drafts and tournaments, would the community be interested in doing that for other games? Prize for winning we will have to discuss, maybe the team that wins gets one piece of  merch idk just throwing it out there. These obv won't be monthly but can be ran on occasion and the division managers handle it all.

1. Streaming is where a lot of our members are doing well so I think giving them a group chat and maybe making a List of official vVv Streamers on the site with their stream links to kinda give them a shout would be a great addition.

2. Game specific groups is a great idea but we need to try and bring more people in not into vVv but into the community and Forum posts on the respective game sites I feel is a great way to start.

3. I think all games deserve a section because a lot of people play competitive games but also play family fun/ relaxing games which are still fun to play with others.

4. I think this would be a good idea but it really depends on what game we want applicants and community members to come for/from.

5. Division Managers would be good but I think it could wait until we got more members and applicants otherwise we'll have 4 managers and 5 members lol

6. I think doing what we call pickups in GoW could come in to play, it works the same way but we could also make a list of who wants to play and have multiple people draft the players they want and have the teams play, it'll allow for chemistry to be built, teams to get practice, and new players and old get into/ get back into the game. Not really worried about prizes, it'd be great but main focus is to grow as an organization and as a player.

15 minutes ago, vVv Savior said:

1. Streaming is where a lot of our members are doing well so I think giving them a group chat and maybe making a List of official vVv Streamers on the site with their stream links to kinda give them a shout would be a great addition.

2. Game specific groups is a great idea but we need to try and bring more people in not into vVv but into the community and Forum posts on the respective game sites I feel is a great way to start.

3. I think all games deserve a section because a lot of people play competitive games but also play family fun/ relaxing games which are still fun to play with others.

4. I think this would be a good idea but it really depends on what game we want applicants and community members to come for/from.

5. Division Managers would be good but I think it could wait until we got more members and applicants otherwise we'll have 4 managers and 5 members lol

6. I think doing what we call pickups in GoW could come in to play, it works the same way but we could also make a list of who wants to play and have multiple people draft the players they want and have the teams play, it'll allow for chemistry to be built, teams to get practice, and new players and old get into/ get back into the game. Not really worried about prizes, it'd be great but main focus is to grow as an organization and as a player.

I agree with all of this, love how you think.  The streamers aspect is what we will implement now 100%, I'll make a streamers group chat in Discord now and group there and here. Every time someone goes live I want it posted in the SB and tweeted out from the vVv twitter account. I'll get with vVv Tib on implementing on discord a notification for when someone goes live everyone knows. Looking forward to this for sure! The rest as you stated will be implemented gradually, the forums part ya'll let me know what games should go and what games should be added regardless of platform :)

2 minutes ago, vVv Exodus said:

I agree with all of this, love how you think.  The streamers aspect is what we will implement now 100%, I'll make a streamers group chat in Discord now and group there and here. Every time someone goes live I want it posted in the SB and tweeted out from the vVv twitter account. I'll get with vVv Tib on implementing on discord a notification for when someone goes live everyone knows. Looking forward to this for sure! The rest as you stated will be implemented gradually, the forums part ya'll let me know what games should go and what games should be added regardless of platform :)

Also something else that we could implement to get more motive in being active once we have a lot more members would be "Member of the Month" where the leaders get together and name a few who deserve it and either they vote or the community does on who should be featured as it and like a prize or special symbol the get on their profile or something just an idea though

4 minutes ago, vVv Savior said:

Also something else that we could implement to get more motive in being active once we have a lot more members would be "Member of the Month" where the leaders get together and name a few who deserve it and either they vote or the community does on who should be featured as it and like a prize or special symbol the get on their profile or something just an idea though

Consider it done, that is an excellent idea and would give incentive for activity! Maybe we can do an interview on that person and post on here as well, that's a great way for everyone that doesn't necessarily play together a lot to get to know that person.

8 hours ago, vVv Savior said:

I like this, we used to do it back in the day but just kinda community spotlight where certain teams or individuals did an interview of sorts. It was useful and introduced people to others they may not have known prior. 

8 hours ago, vVv Exodus said:

I am been thinking for a while now, I'll list below what I have been considering and you all let me know if you want any of it implemented. vVv Gaming is about YOU not me, so I want it to be the place you all want, let your voice be heard!

1) Streamer group on here and the discord.  Really want to support our streamers, any suggestions on how input is welcome.

-Streamer group would be great, we have quite a few up and coming, would like to see them have a distinction. 

2) Bringing back game specific groups- List relevant games that you want, not a 100 but we can make the top 4. 

- I love communities, as long as communities understand we are still all under one big roof.

3) Adding new game forums, need suggestions. Any game forums that currently need to be removed?

- Let's maybe take a poll of what games we need to add.

4) Bring into vVv Gaming a known streamer, not Ninja level but someone with a great following that would draw a lot of attention to the site. Adding a twitch feature to the homepage, so when they go live everyone knows and we can watch. LJ and I have discussed this. Obv new site needs to be up before that feature goes live, any suggestions on a streamer? Is this something the community would want to do?

-We got some on their way, how many followers we looking for them to have? Let's support the vVv streamers we already have too, the bigger they are, the bigger we are. Hopefully we start to see some apps coming in off the streaming side, honestly thought we would have some already but it'll happen.

5) Division Managers- We did  this back in the day, won't be on the same level but someone that you can have direct contact with. They can run CGN's for that specific game, manage that games forum and members

- For sure, communities will need heads so we have channels for communicating.

6) We currently have Apex and RL drafts and tournaments, would the community be interested in doing that for other games? Prize for winning we will have to discuss, maybe the team that wins gets one piece of  merch idk just throwing it out there. These obv won't be monthly but can be ran on occasion and the division managers handle it all.

- In house tourneys are always good. In house competitions is always good. I'd be down for whatever games then community is in for on this front. 

10 hours ago, vVv Exodus said:

If you need help setting up live links in Discord I can help with you that for Twitch streamers. Ty will have to tell you how to do it for any Dlive streamers tho.  Mee6 discord bot handles twitch live notifications. I have it set up for my server. Been a while since I've done it, but I can set it up

12 hours ago, vVv Exodus said:

Divisions managers are always a good idea. Good leadership makes a good community and there should always be a chain of command.

I'd like to see vVv bring back competitive teams, it was always awesome to root for our teams, practice with them etc.

50 minutes ago, vVv The Answer said:

Divisions managers are always a good idea. Good leadership makes a good community and there should always be a chain of command.

I'd like to see vVv bring back competitive teams, it was always awesome to root for our teams, practice with them etc.

Competitive teams would be cool.  But we'd have to get a guage on what games everyone is willing to invest time into.  There's not a whole lot going on at the moment, but that can definitely change.  There are a few games that are always competitive, but if you want to get teams recognized or start competing in higher level tourneys, I feel like you would almost have to go with finding good teams for things like Apex, RL, Fortnite, etc.  I'm not opposed to the idea of it, just saying it would probably be difficult to get a comp team out there right now.  Idk maybe I'm totally wrong and just don't know what the hell I'm talking about lol

22 hours ago, vVv Exodus said:

1. The streamer group is definitely a good idea. And I like the changes you made with that already. Nicely done. Just get with me later in discord dm about setting up live notifications. 

2. We definitely need game specific groups here on the site. I know people are playing a lot of different things, but maybe we do a poll here to see what games everyone would like to see featured? I can make up a list later if you like. 

3. I'm sure there are things that need to be removed but I havent had the chance to go thru everything. Maybe it's just me, but I think aside from applications, theres a bunch of old forums that should probably be removed. Or at least archived into their own section if youd like to keep them on the site.

4. This is a good idea overall, but I think it's going to be tough to do. First finding someone with a good viewer base that would like to be a part of vVv will be challenging enough as they already have their own community and what not. Plus, then we have to think abiut the community they've already built. Is that community good? As in not toxic, a bunch of kids, etc. Because not only does the streamer have to be a good fit here, but so does their preexisting community. Like I said, it's a solid idea overall, but will take a lot of time and research into whatever streamer you pick and their community. 

5. Already said my part on this one. Good idea, but maybe some way down the road. 

6. This will be good to spark some activity within vVv. Just need to find the games everyone would like to participate in. And merch is a solid idea as prize winning. 

That's my two cents on these thiughts.  I like them all. And its heading in a good direction

1. Fresh streamers care more about status and brand establishment more than anything else. They would gladly jump at the chance to say they are partnered with an organization, giving them access to some form of legitimacy. Having a fresh graphics kit available for streamers would make this work.

2 - 3: These go hand in hand. We're aware that games surge and games die. Listening to the community is the best way to do this. I would recommend creating a poll in the discord (our more active platform, which is also open to the public) and then ask for input. We can tailor the discord and the forums accordingly.

4. This ties into #1. If you bring in an established streamer, it's an opportunity to bring their following to our community. It would also be the social-currency we would need to convince up-and-coming streamers that our brand can bring them value. If the celebrity streamer were to partner with us, and then utilize Twitch's squad streaming service, it would give our other partnered streamers the exposure they want.

5. Dedicated CGNs were essential to the 12-18 month period of growth this community saw under vVv Bagzli, vVv Saturn and vVv Mohulis. Their efforts to make Rocket League a fun and engaging platform gave the community the vitality it needed. I am still asked about vVv's Rocket League tournaments when I play the game week to week. Rocket League players would love to see effort, dedication (and even prize pools) brought back into the community.

6. Prize pools and merch will be the most effective way of luring people back into vVv tournaments, especially those who used to play and no longer do. I don't know where the resources will come from, or how they can be acquired, but I'm fairly positive that such incentives will be necessary. 

My last comment on this subject would be that any efforts we make to partner with other organizations/influencers shouldn't be attempted until we have a proper staff and infrastructure in place. Trying to re-establish ourselves as a brand to the general gaming community requires careful PR calculations on our part. I liken (re)emerging as a public eSports entity to that of a first impression at a job interview: You get one good shot at it.

Let's make our new, modern branding count.

54 minutes ago, vVv Syracuse said:

1. Fresh streamers care more about status and brand establishment more than anything else. They would gladly jump at the chance to say they are partnered with an organization, giving them access to some form of legitimacy. Having a fresh graphics kit available for streamers would make this work.

2 - 3: These go hand in hand. We're aware that games surge and games die. Listening to the community is the best way to do this. I would recommend creating a poll in the discord (our more active platform, which is also open to the public) and then ask for input. We can tailor the discord and the forums accordingly.

4. This ties into #1. If you bring in an established streamer, it's an opportunity to bring their following to our community. It would also be the social-currency we would need to convince up-and-coming streamers that our brand can bring them value. If the celebrity streamer were to partner with us, and then utilize Twitch's squad streaming service, it would give our other partnered streamers the exposure they want.

5. Dedicated CGNs were essential to the 12-18 month period of growth this community saw under vVv Bagzli, vVv Saturn and vVv Mohulis. Their efforts to make Rocket League a fun and engaging platform gave the community the vitality it needed. I am still asked about vVv's Rocket League tournaments when I play the game week to week. Rocket League players would love to see effort, dedication (and even prize pools) brought back into the community.

6. Prize pools and merch will be the most effective way of luring people back into vVv tournaments, especially those who used to play and no longer do. I don't know where the resources will come from, or how they can be acquired, but I'm fairly positive that such incentives will be necessary. 

My last comment on this subject would be that any efforts we make to partner with other organizations/influencers shouldn't be attempted until we have a proper staff and infrastructure in place. Trying to re-establish ourselves as a brand to the general gaming community requires careful PR calculations on our part. I liken (re)emerging as a public eSports entity to that of a first impression at a job interview: You get one good shot at it.

I love how you think! I’ve been thinking about a lot you mentioned as well. I’ll get with staff and we will brainstorm on all of this and make a post  on what will roll out. I def want to keep building the community up, CGN’s def gonna do that.

I think we the streaming "division" growing, we should feature a clip of the week submission "contest" with community votes.  It creates content, promotes the streamers themselves, and showcases their best moment of the week. It might be a clip from Apex this week, Call of Duty the next, etc. The variety would be interesting to track since we can use that to judge what games people are playing and enjoying the most, which we can use to see what games we should be supporting. 

Edit: ALSO! Where there is glory there is failure! Fail clip of the week would be fun as well. :P 

Edited by vVv NBK

Do you guys "feature" any content from your local creators? Like do we have people making montages still, Let's Plays, anything like that? If so, spotlighting those members and their works could be really good for everybody. Just another thing to generate/share content.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:47 AM, vVv Exodus said:

Streamer group should be for "Partnered streamers" just like every game title i think the streamer title should be earned. put an end to promoting poor quality content.
League of legends, Fortnite, Rocket League, Gears Of War, Apex, MMO Division, Fight Club. 

Remove Apex Trash Game....
I know a few streamers who have worked with vVv In the past who may be willing to help out, but first i think we need to push and promote our own product and execute oue own ideas first. 
We are still a small operation, Lets wait until we get other things going and then look for talent on an as needed basis. no sense in having a staff larger than the audience
Fortnite, Gears, apex, MMO Division, Fight Club.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:59 AM, vVv Savior said:

Generate content- Forum Articles, blog entries etc.
too many titles
I would like to see the community members band together and bring back the "vVv Community teams" on GameBattles.  This will alllow us to not only keep us in the competitive sunlight, but it gives us a chance to create team building exercises and network with other players in the network.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, vVv Savior said:

we have honorary members for this.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:06 PM, vVv Rookiee said:

no need for more managers or staff than members I think a division manager should be elected if they can get a following of 10 members or more for a given game.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:00 PM, vVv Vishous King said:

Competitive teams would be cool.  But we'd have to get a guage on what games everyone is willing to invest time into.  There's not a whole lot going on at the moment, but that can definitely change.  There are a few games that are always competitive, but if you want to get teams recognized or start competing in higher level tourneys, I feel like you would almost have to go with finding good teams for things like Apex, RL, Fortnite, etc.  I'm not opposed to the idea of it, just saying it would probably be difficult to get a comp team out there right now.  Idk maybe I'm totally wrong and just don't know what the hell I'm talking about lol

I think it would be cool to bring back the vVv Community teams on GB and have a set schedule to play 2-3 games once or twice a week after the CGN that will kind of be like a warm up and the top performers go to play or something this will allow us to have a presence within the community and put our members through a team building exercise making them work with each other to achieve a common goal

On 5/7/2019 at 7:26 AM, vVv Vishous King said:

1. The streamer group is definitely a good idea. And I like the changes you made with that already. Nicely done. Just get with me later in discord dm about setting up live notifications. 

2. We definitely need game specific groups here on the site. I know people are playing a lot of different things, but maybe we do a poll here to see what games everyone would like to see featured? I can make up a list later if you like. 

3. I'm sure there are things that need to be removed but I havent had the chance to go thru everything. Maybe it's just me, but I think aside from applications, theres a bunch of old forums that should probably be removed. Or at least archived into their own section if youd like to keep them on the site.

4. This is a good idea overall, but I think it's going to be tough to do. First finding someone with a good viewer base that would like to be a part of vVv will be challenging enough as they already have their own community and what not. Plus, then we have to think abiut the community they've already built. Is that community good? As in not toxic, a bunch of kids, etc. Because not only does the streamer have to be a good fit here, but so does their preexisting community. Like I said, it's a solid idea overall, but will take a lot of time and research into whatever streamer you pick and their community. 

5. Already said my part on this one. Good idea, but maybe some way down the road. 

6. This will be good to spark some activity within vVv. Just need to find the games everyone would like to participate in. And merch is a solid idea as prize winning. 

That's my two cents on these thiughts.  I like them all. And its heading in a good direction

On 5/30/2019 at 5:51 PM, vVv Syracuse said:

HMU if u need any stream graphics I can pretty much cover your whole channel. overlays, emotes, banners, etc
I ONLY SUPPORT USING TWITCH!!!

DONATION DRIVE!!!

On 5/30/2019 at 6:47 PM, vVv Exodus said:

I love how you think! I’ve been thinking about a lot you mentioned as well. I’ll get with staff and we will brainstorm on all of this and make a post  on what will roll out. I def want to keep building the community up, CGN’s def gonna do that.

Put me on staff coach!

On 5/31/2019 at 2:37 PM, vVv NBK said:

I think we the streaming "division" growing, we should feature a clip of the week submission "contest" with community votes.  It creates content, promotes the streamers themselves, and showcases their best moment of the week. It might be a clip from Apex this week, Call of Duty the next, etc. The variety would be interesting to track since we can use that to judge what games people are playing and enjoying the most, which we can use to see what games we should be supporting. 

Edit: ALSO! Where there is glory there is failure! Fail clip of the week would be fun as well. :P 

Great Idea, ive been wanting to see this done for a while my self. lets work on finding someone who would be willing to work on this.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:49 PM, Minjaaa said:

Do you guys "feature" any content from your local creators? Like do we have people making montages still, Let's Plays, anything like that? If so, spotlighting those members and their works could be really good for everybody. Just another thing to generate/share content.

We highly encourage all users to share their content on the forums. if the product meets quality standards im sure vVv have no problem sharing it on social media or posting to our youtube channel.

Edited by vVv Buzz

Hey All,

I talked it over with Jerry and Exodus, and based on your feedback we came up with a proposal. This idea is based on five pillars of activity where vVv will focus. The pillars include:

Social Events
One of the underlying messages I keep hearing is that people want to play together. We are here because we're gamers, and playing games together is one of the core elements of vVv. Activities this should include are community game nights in specific titles, streamer viewing parties, and tournament viewing events.

Professional Networking and Support
Once upon a time vVv got people jobs in the games industry. Well that time is still now, but we can expand the opportunities beyond the games industry. We can support the people who want to hone games industry skills (community management, event coordination, etc.) and also support members who want to become streamers, influencers, and content creators. Specifically for Streamers, this is a symbiotic relationship. Streamers represent vVv, vVv supports streamers (viewers, retweets, etc), and that system could build some real steam once it gets momentum.

Central business activity
Several people mentioned bringing back tournaments and vVv-supported competition. These can become the nexus around with the organization rotates, giving our competitive members a chance to compete, our staff something to build, our community something to cheer for, and our streamers something to build on. "But what game should we compete in?" I hear you ask. All of them! No one just plays one game anymore, we rotate through them as they get stale. vVv's tournament should be more like the PAX Omegathon, where your final result is dependent on your performance in several different games (just an idea, is this too crazy?).

Making new Friends
This is another big part of why we're here. We want to be a part of a community of friends and fellow gamers. That should infuse everything we do, and all of our activities should be built to support it.

Classy Environment
One of the earliest things I heard about vVv Gaming was that it should be a place where any member is someone I'd want to play games with. We've always kept out, or removed, people who didn't fit the culture, and we should continue to do the same now. Part of this is holding each other accountable, and part of it is moderation, but we should maintain that culture of "I could play games with everyone here."

To start, we don't need game divisions to do this. There aren't enough people or big enough titles. Instead this focuses on the core experience of building a community of great people, which can be further refined as it starts to grow again.

So that's our proposal for how to build on the new direction of vVv. Thoughts? What is it missing?

Who wants to volunteer to be responsible for each pillar?

Conversation moved to: https://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/73291-proposed-vvv-activities/