vVv Doomhammer

New vVv Logo Design

5 hours ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

Here is what D+F looks like.

kfXf7xP.png

THIS is cool!!! Can you put a thin white outline on the Vs and put it on the last shield in place of the bird?

On 3/20/2019 at 3:28 AM, vVv ORION said:

THIS is cool!!! Can you put a thin white outline on the Vs and put it on the last shield in place of the bird?

Honestly, This design I can get behind. But putting it in the shield would not look right. It would almost suffocate the logo. 

Okay, so this is probably going to be my last visual post, until sunday~monday as for I start My work week, I will be gone thurs friday sat, night. I took the image provided, it seems every one is liking this design and layout. I figured we move the 2 outer V's down so that the ends of the V's hide behind the one in the middle. However rather thinking, what can we add, start thinking what can we improve. So far we have a flat image, that fills the space perfectly. think of it like a city, our boundaries allow us to only go so far outward.  So when we have no room to build outward we start to think upward. Now we want to build the image upward so it isnt so flat, look at the shape what do you see? How can you fill in the area to complete the image image?  We can start by using the center shape my giving it some color and depth looking at it I immediately notice 3 v shapes, I start by defining the shape of the V and adding some color to the inside, following up I can start to see the image take place. as we start to notice the image looks a little flat I Begin by adding a shadow effect around the letter, this allows me to make the the letter beveled and gives it some three dimensional pop.  Finally as we finish up the letter, having our shading outline the letters look rather dull. we can clean this up by using a white storke tool, to add some lighting flares to our letters, this will give them a little bit of shine and help bring the letters to life.. 

Since this is a draft we can move in a few directions, should we incorporate lighting flares to give the outline contours of a bird since it does in fact look like a bird swooping down, the red flares are the bird breaking through the sound barrier or some shit i guess... kinda like wind resistance lol. Or some kind of alien spaceship from galaga or something. ? even just the solid V's are awesome But anyway we do It I know it will turn out bad ass this I promise.

I quickly put this together to give you a visual representation. so measurements, alignments, lighting effects are not accurate. 

a9c1855b7f97a076702b4154b5a78d65.png

Edited by vVv Buzz

On 3/19/2019 at 9:09 PM, vVv Bagzli said:

I like this much better than the shield stuff. How do you feel about the middle V being red?

YES! See with the outline it looks MUCH better. Probably would look better on black background. Can we see it with different V color options? White Vs red outline, red Vs Whit outline, black or the old charcoal with red or white outlines? 

Design is GREAT! Let's just see color options?

On 3/19/2019 at 9:14 PM, vVv Pherzghul said:

It kinda breaks the shape of the "bird." It's grabbing too much attention over the other two v's.

KAKTbGZ.png

I would still like to see this with a very thin white outline on the Vs. I like this color scheme better than the silver

10 hours ago, vVv ORION said:

I would still like to see this with a very thin white outline on the Vs. I like this color scheme better than the silver

I ABSOLUTELY agree with Orion here. I think some white outline/trim would help with this scheme, and if possible, perhaps some lighting and shading for the V's.

I think this logo is 10x better than the Shield/Eagle idea from earlier, as this logo is more abstract. Abstract art is what creates a defining logo in the digital era. This will surely last for a good decade.

Edited by vVv Syracuse

17 hours ago, vVv ORION said:

Im still a fan of white/ silver letters, its been out goto since the beginning, would like to see this element remain. Also the Red V in the middle runs too in your face and would end up being the same logo for pontiac, a product of GMC and a white storke on the red text would make it pretty much the exact same

Edited by vVv Buzz

7 hours ago, vVv Buzz said:

Sometimes you have to be super fucking extra for no reason at all.???
b77fc9537fbbbd34db23a774fcfe1feb.png

?????

DUDE! You forgot the Skull and Crossbones!!! 

PS I like the "in your face" look.. 

Have you not met Jerry?

??????

Edited by vVv ORION

5 hours ago, vVv ORION said:

?????

DUDE! You forgot the Skull and Crossbones!!! 

PS I like the "in your face" look.. 

Have you not met Jerry?

??????

Who?

I always saw red as our color, not gray, white or black. Other colors always felt more as supportive colors. For that reason I think the middle V should be red, if you feel there is too much red, maybe make the wings be other colors? See how that would look like?

6 hours ago, vVv Bagzli said:

I always saw red as our color, not gray, white or black. Other colors always felt more as supportive colors. For that reason I think the middle V should be red, if you feel there is too much red, maybe make the wings be other colors? See how that would look like?

Red has always been an accent color and pushed to the background the bright red V removes all color balance from the image the red is just too overbearing. If we use the red V we have to lose the wings theres too much going on of the one color. And the wings will look like shit on print If we run them white or black. The Vs have always been white so that they stand out in the rest of the image. Running them red also runs the risk of the logo blending into many of our backgrounds as one of our primary colors we use to place the color on is red. Also making the V red limits us to white tshirts based on the design for the black Vs will not be truly viable on black and printing on a red shirt steals the uniqueness of the red V as for it's just too overly dominant of one color.