vVv Doomhammer

New vVv Logo Design

There is no fucking creativity here, just a bunch of sponges. Seriously, We Loved the idea of the eagle until we found out it was the fucking avengers logo. now were just giving up and slapping our old logo on it? why not just keep the old logo? Out with the old in with the new. the logo isnt our "heritage" it represented what we were. were grown up now lets act like it and move forward not backward. This is seriously a golden ticket to bring some value. you dont think people are watching and discussing things dont worry, when chop chop comes around there will be no suprises. take it from someone whos been chopped. and come up with some real ideas. we have 30+ people in this forum but only a handful giving any real content, First of all I will say if we go to the roots of vVv gaming and using old logos we should use the OG logo, shields are midevil and the serif font would be more visually appealing would just have to add more flare to it than the 3 white letters lol. But seriously lets move forward, the bird was an idea we all loved, it kind of gave us an kind of like official crest and sense of dominance a fresh feel. Lets roll with spit your ideas out there and quit bitching about how long its taking. WE WILL GET IT DONE. I really wanted to use this thread to see where we could go with future projects. Your already in front of your computer open google and type something in pick a few pictures show the designer your thought. just because we cant use the one variation of the eagle logo dosnt throw the idea out. but we can easily come up with a way together if you do your part.

i called exo on discord today first thing he asked me whats your idea for the new logo, I have put 0 thought into it i was waiting for more content over the last week. i told him ill have some suggestions within 30 seconds i typed bird logo into google and came up with several ideas on the first page we can work with literally the amount of effort i put into it . posted below.

The first logo...

2018170452018-04-184951513BIRD.jpg
We can easily re work the shape of the bird to make a V and setting the flares to make the other V's as if they were behind the bird. 

2017106372017-03-092511657Dark%20Bird.jp
Oh a simple pheonix shape maybe raise the wings up give it a V shape.

e9f3e4cad8d5d7bafd8c81b36070b5df--bird-l[/img]

OMG LOOK AT THIS ONE ON THE VERY NEXT LINE OF GOOGLE IMAGES SAME CONCEPT BUT WITH BETTER REPRESENTATION THE DESIGN OF WHAT I MEANT

NO WAY YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS IT LEAD ME TO A WHOLE PAGE OF PINTREST BIRD LOGOS SHAPED LIKE THE LETTER V..... https://www.pinterest.com/madis76sa/bird-logos/

Put some real thought into our logo, this is what were going to be wearing, its our image, show some pride in who we are, cuz just standing around saying yeah that looks good, is to be the problem. This is an opportunity to voice your feedback but if your just gonna stand around say what ever we put in front of you looks good the people who actually are working to make this possible should just have a meeting this week, come up with what ever we can and serve it to u. We dont have to be limited to a bird either, use anything you might like were not dead set on a design yet. but were drawing close. 

Edited by vVv Buzz

I'm looked some images that I liked and here they are. I would like a simple clean logo like we've had in the past. I didnt like the eagle logo before but it grew on me and it would be cool to see a combination vVv and some kind of wings or something that makes it look sophisticated at the same time. Those are just couple ideas. 

letter-v-logo-v-letter-design-vector-14083567.jpg

stock-vector-letter-v-logo-720546505.jpg

main_outline-.jpg

pngtree-v-wing-png-clipart_3622473.jpg

images.png

800px_COLOURBOX8932032.jpg

Look at big named gaming orgs logos. They are all pretty basic. Like Optic is huge and there logo is sooo simple. Same with 100 thieves. To be honest this logo should represent where vVv will be going. I’m down for a shield, rather not any bird. 

44 minutes ago, vVv Infms805 said:

I'm looked some images that I liked and here they are. I would like a simple clean logo like we've had in the past. I didnt like the eagle logo before but it grew on me and it would be cool to see a combination vVv and some kind of wings or something that makes it look sophisticated at the same time. Those are just couple ideas. 

stock-vector-letter-v-logo-720546505.jpg

main_outline-.jpg

pngtree-v-wing-png-clipart_3622473.jpg

images.png

800px_COLOURBOX8932032.jpg

Great start, think more like a shield Crest let's give it meaning we have eagle for valor but we dont have to be limited to a bird think of something and establish meaning behind it. Let's shy away from a solid letter design for now or put ideas out there. Have an idea you can put on paper or somewhere else? Take a picture, show us. Other than our previous logo what Carrie's our heritage, our culture, how would you identify us? 

9 minutes ago, vVv Stitches said:

Look at big named gaming orgs logos. They are all pretty basic. Like Optic is huge and there logo is sooo simple. Same with 100 thieves. To be honest this logo should represent where vVv will be going. I’m down for a shield, rather not any bird. 

We already said were not goin in that direction of being a major esports org though stop comparing us to anyone one else. Were setting the next trend as vVv gaming leads the way for a life after esports. Consider us the league athletes continue to play in after their pro sports career. We cared and fostered that child all ready its grown up. We are vVv gaming not optic or 100 theives. We pave our own path

Edited by vVv Buzz

9 minutes ago, vVv Buzz said:

We already said were not goin in that direction of being a major esports org though stop comparing us to anyone one else. Were setting the next trend as vVv gaming leads the way for a life after esports. Consider us the league athletes continue to play in after their pro sports career. We cared and fostered that child all ready its grown up. We are vVv gaming not optic or 100 theives. We pave our own path

Actually well said Buzz. We're our own, vVv Gaming is like none other. The bird just needs to be tweaked and we will be good.

Not to be rude but we should probably have an official statement of where vVv is heading. Are we going to build up vVv as just a gaming community where people come here to play with others or are we going to have top competitive players like we had in the past with a big community as well. 

12 minutes ago, vVv Stitches said:

Not to be rude but we should probably have an official statement of where vVv is heading. Are we going to build up vVv as just a gaming community where people come here to play with others or are we going to have top competitive players like we had in the past with a big community as well. 

We did community is our focus right now and rebuilding infrastructure. Dont aim the logo towards our goal aim it towards us. 

38 minutes ago, vVv Exodus said:

Actually well said Buzz. We're our own, vVv Gaming is like none other. The bird just needs to be tweaked and we will be good.

No We wont be good. Dont close the book before we finished reading it I really wanna see some more feedback before moving forward. Once again were just agreeing to move forward and get it over with. let's stop working on one idea at a time. This is what's holding us up.  Once we have the core design in place most everything will quickly fall into place.

Edited by vVv Buzz

9 minutes ago, vVv Buzz said:

No We wont be good. Dont close the book before we finished reading it I really wanna see some more feedback before moving forward. Once again were just agreeing to move forward and get it over with. let's stop working on one idea at a time. This is what's holding us up.  Once we have the core design in place most everything will quickly fall into place.

100% agree brother, we will get it done!

See! Infms805 has the right idea like I did, his suggestions were good, like mine with the Van Halen and Veni vidi vici logos. I don't want anything that looks like it could be made in a games clan emblem designer...

3 hours ago, vVv ORION said:

See! Infms805 has the right idea like I did, his suggestions were good, like mine with the Van Halen and Veni vidi vici logos. I don't want anything that looks like it could be made in a games clan emblem designer...

Why wouldn't you want something u can use in game just curious? Most logos are just basic shapes nothing needs to be overly complex. A logo is the same thing as a emblem creator it's just a collection of layered shapes. No need to be overly eccentric with it. Yes your post was great buddy keep up the good work!

I think the critical component missing from the new design compared to the old design is how the old design was fitted AROUND the V's. The V's always came first, almost as a sign of respect. In the new design, they are typed out into the shield, and next to the other symbols. 

I'm not a fan of any of these designs because of how simplified we've made our V's. I think if we are going to have a new logo, the V's have to be the big thing, the big deal. Not the shield or the eagle.

I made a few design concepts. They are not finished, they need work. I just wanted to put together some ideas to see if there is any momentum to change the shield design on to something else. The left side is the logotype and the right side just the logo. For example, the logotype is what would go on the forums and other places where the whole name of vVv Gaming needs to be shown. The logo is the symbol that represents us and is usually used on apparel and other areas where the logotype is not the best to use. Again, these are not finished, just concepts that we can use develop ideas.

x9THTcN.png

Edited by vVv Pherzghul

On 3/16/2019 at 6:07 AM, vVv Exodus said:

Amen!

As long as the V’s stand out the ? can go with it, I like the old logo how it stands out in general if it can be incorporated with the shield and the new V logo it would look ?

42 minutes ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

I made a few design concepts. They are not finished, they need work. I just wanted to put together some ideas to see if there is any momentum to change the shield design on to something else. The left side is the logotype and the right side just the logo. For example, the logotype is what would go on the forums and other places where the whole name of vVv Gaming needs to be shown. The logo is the symbol that represents us and is usually used on apparel and other areas where the logotype is not the best to use. Again, these are not finished, just concepts that we can use develop ideas.

stACOLz.png

I like the B logo, just needs a big V in it and would be solid ?

31 minutes ago, vVv ExiLee said:

I like the B logo, just needs a big V in it and would be solid ?

Yea, I'm still trying out...btw your comment reminded me of this lol.

Watch first vid, then second.

Edited by vVv Pherzghul

I like B, D and the bottom 2 on the right.

GAMING needs to be under the Vs, though. Don't like it covering up the Vs

6 hours ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

stACOLz.png

@pherz I like D  I really love that could we try a little crown or some kind of small emblem above it maybe a rising pheonix out of the center. but nothing too over the top  I like B also but I think the bold face type is too in your face just looks like the word gaming is too in your face

4 hours ago, vVv Minotaur said:

D for me. Agree with Buzz, perhaps something above to give it more identity. 

I know what im gonna do I will have several things to post later ill keep u guys posted

WIP (Work In Progress) 

The bird is not permenant, I am trying to figure out how I want to shape out the tail and fill the rest of the shield, I may change it completely to another animal or something to represent the org please share I really think this design captures exactly what were looking for we just need a good crest in the shield to represent us, the shield gives it sort of a vintage design, with a modern flare under it,  I am still opting to be different because i believe the serif font really works with this type of image Trust me im gonna find something better than Times New Roman. 

Do you feel there is a specific animal or creature I could try to build to kind of make the shield like an official crest?

Something that should represent adaptation, the willfulness to learn, and grow. while remaining dominant!

VVVLOGOWIP.jpg

Edited by vVv Buzz

12 hours ago, vVv Buzz said:

@pherz I like D  I really love that could we try a little crown or some kind of small emblem above it maybe a rising pheonix out of the center. but nothing too over the top  I like B also but I think the bold face type is too in your face just looks like the word gaming is too in your face

D for me as well