vVv Doomhammer

New vVv Logo Design

9 hours ago, vVv SavVieee said:

They look nice, but It looks like a football club logo... ?

I definitely agree with that statement, we are a gaming organization. I feel like we need something to reflect that, and how we are an org like no other.

These all strike me as a HUGE downgrade compared to the current design. No disrespect intended to the designer but this looks like something you could create on Call of Duty emblem creator. They look a little too generic.. Coat of arms style designs are overused in the eSports scene.. 30 second google search of "gaming organization logos" attached below. 

An eSports organization's logo needs to have an overall clean design. The designs above are a little too busy with text that isn't exactly necessary and a bird figure which traditionally has nothing to do with the organization's past. If it ain't broke don't fix it, stick with old faithful. Improve on the current design if you must, add variants with the the established date and whatnot. 

MVP.PNG

Rise.PNG

Had some free time and put this together real quick using the same shield design and slight variant design of the "vVv Bird."  It's a mix between the round old logo and shield concept. The design has a heavy tactical emblem feel, while keeping the shield as it's main point of focus. It uses the same typeface so the logo is a lot more familiar, just like an old friend you haven't seen in a while that you still recognize :] I'm ok to hand over the illustrator file if you guys want to grab anything from this.

AkoAMRs.png

This alternate version is my favorite. I just had to.

77p5dyU.png

24 minutes ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

Had some free time and put this together real quick using the same shield design and slight variant design of the "vVv Bird."  It's a mix between the round old logo and shield concept. The design has a heavy tactical emblem feel, while keeping the shield as it's main point of focus. It uses the same typeface so the logo is a lot more familiar, just like an old friend you haven't seen in a while that you still recognize :] I'm ok to hand over the illustrator file if you guys want to grab anything from this.

AkoAMRs.png

77p5dyU.png

Really like yours! 1st one, lol. 

Ran out of layers and didn't straighten everything out but that's the extent of my Call of Duty emblem maker skill/patience.. Haha ?‍♂️ 

I just think there needs to be more options rather than the same design with inverted/different colors. Pherzghul's version is a huge improvement on the initial design in the first post.

vVvCoD.PNG

7 hours ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

AkoAMRs.png

77p5dyU.png

I LOVE this! This is definitely an "update" to the current one without being a completely different concept. Those who know me well know I despise red....but this....oof she's purdy. 

8 hours ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

AkoAMRs.png

77p5dyU.png

Bro this is 100000000x more eye catching this has my vote 1st one obviously haha nice work!

Isn't that bird logo from Marvel's Agents of Shield? Looks like those premade generic Destiny or Halo Clan logos.

1 hour ago, vVv Arkaine said:

Of course Pherzghul blows it out of the water and releases a masterpiece upon us.

i expected nothing short of masterpiece

This is exactly why we come to you guys for all our best ideas xD

Pherz, if I can get the illustrator file that would be great, we'll share it with the designer as the new direction.

I personally feel an adaptation to the current design freshening it up would be the better path. Within the eSports realm, a shield design is extremely generic no matter how you finesse it. The current logo holds history and reputation in the gaming community. My thoughts on the topic.

To me, the shield, doesn't envelope the vVv ******. I do like how the v's are included but in a non "in your face" obviousness. I think a little more play off of that would be good. Personally I'm not the most artist when it comes to this kind of thing but just my input.

Its been many years since iv been here brothers. #3 if defilently a fresh look. I'm still rocking the old school vVv shirt.

On 3/6/2019 at 12:02 PM, vVv ORION said:

Isn't that bird logo from Marvel's Agents of Shield? Looks like those premade generic Destiny or Halo Clan logos.

Good call!  

11 hours ago, vVv Doomhammer said:

Based on Pherz' design we did another round of work. How does this feel?

I have made some slight color modifications and posted below so you could get a visual feel, I believe that they may help the Logo.

draft.png.148305c1ed07eee5a58439343e46ab2d.pngI felt the white was too overbearing While the red was too limited to the center.
I changed the outer stroke in the ring to red.

I Then felt It was too much red in general.
I changed the outer edge of the shield to white on the left, and to maintain the shadow effect on the right, I used an off white, grayI feel this give it more of a visual appeal.

Some things that still irk me

The V's with the eagle, I am fond of the idea of having something like that but feel we can come up with something better, After seeing ORIONS post about it being from agents of shield, it is almost an exact replica of it. I feel like this is a conflict. and after seeing that, I really want to change it.

Also the stitches, at the top and bottom of the shield are nice, and give it a  really nice visual appeal but make it look like the shield is made of cloth, which isnt an issue, but I think of something something more solid when I think of a shield.  I like the idea and if we cant figure something better out, I suggest changing the direction and location of the stitches at the top to give it more of an even flow, and realistic look.

The way the shield pertrudes through the bottom of the ring and creates that awkward point on the stroke, is really offsetting to me, I thought maybe we could move the shield up a little bit to eliminate this, because I also feel there is too much white space above the shield. but I see the shield will possibly interfere with the Text. I think we have some room to work with but I supplied a link with a possible re work in shape if need be.   And I also added some grey strokes to the side of the shield in the white area to possibly give it some kind of depth or make it feel bulged outward possibly play with some different shapes or ideas to give it a good effect  https://gyazo.com/a27baa59bcbc1624fc05c1dd6e2872c3

As far as the font, I feel a serif font may actually look better with this type of design I have not installed, or even looked at any fonts yet on this computer, to know whats out there. 

1 hour ago, vVv Buzz said:

Good call!  

I have made some slight color modifications and posted below so you could get a visual feel, I believe that they may help the Logo.

draft.png.148305c1ed07eee5a58439343e46ab2d.pngI felt the white was too overbearing While the red was too limited to the center.
I changed the outer stroke in the ring to red.

I Then felt It was too much red in general.
I changed the outer edge of the shield to white on the left, and to maintain the shadow effect on the right, I used an off white, grayI feel this give it more of a visual appeal.

Some things that still irk me

The V's with the eagle, I am fond of the idea of having something like that but feel we can come up with something better, After seeing ORIONS post about it being from agents of shield, it is almost an exact replica of it. I feel like this is a conflict. and after seeing that, I really want to change it.

Also the stitches, at the top and bottom of the shield are nice, and give it a  really nice visual appeal but make it look like the shield is made of cloth, which isnt an issue, but I think of something something more solid when I think of a shield.  I like the idea and if we cant figure something better out, I suggest changing the direction and location of the stitches at the top to give it more of an even flow, and realistic look.

The way the shield pertrudes through the bottom of the ring and creates that awkward point on the stroke, is really offsetting to me, I thought maybe we could move the shield up a little bit to eliminate this, because I also feel there is too much white space above the shield. but I see the shield will possibly interfere with the Text. I think we have some room to work with but I supplied a link with a possible re work in shape if need be.   And I also added some grey strokes to the side of the shield in the white area to possibly give it some kind of depth or make it feel bulged outward possibly play with some different shapes or ideas to give it a good effect  https://gyazo.com/a27baa59bcbc1624fc05c1dd6e2872c3

As far as the font, I feel a serif font may actually look better with this type of design I have not installed, or even looked at any fonts yet on this computer, to know whats out there. 

Go with this one and be done with it, its virtually impossible to please everyone.  This is the best version, Buzz nailed it. Let's make it happen and move on.