vVv Doomhammer

New vVv Logo Design

28 minutes ago, vVv Exodus said:

I love the new design,  the old logo needs to go. We're not trying to be the king esports  organization anymore we're an elite sports club now huge difference, so when evaluating the logo keep that in mind. 

I'll be expecting my complimentary smoking jacket and a vintage scotch. Thanks.

30 minutes ago, vVv Exodus said:

I love the new design,  the old logo needs to go. We're not trying to be the king esports  organization anymore we're an elite sports club now huge difference, so when evaluating the logo keep that in mind. 

I do seriously like the new vision with the logo. It just needs a little fine tuning. 

Edited by vVv Vulgar

7 has my vote, i enjoy black & white on my merch and i feel like those two absents of colors show the authenticity  of the organization pretty well.

Edited by vVv Arkaine

No no no

I still like the old one better .

All these look too generic, and one looks like Harley Davidson logo, sorry, being honest

Which European football/soccer team inspired this design? 

I do like it though, and #7 would be my preferred choice.

Edited by vVv Minotaur

Out of the ones in the original post, I would say #3 or #1. I've always been a big fan of the red/black/white combination. Plus, when going to gaming events, it seems like very few gaming organizations actually use red for some reason, so it makes us stand out a bit more.

#3. I love red and like the logo. 

#7. I like the color and everything but like Scott said not sure it would pop on black merch. 

Hey guys.  Liking the shield, reminded me of Westpoint's crest.  Would adding a little depth either to the text or the shield itself make sense?  

logo_crest_only_best.png

I like 3. Maybe change the font style to something else. Depending on what color shirt/hoodie options become available the colors of the logo would be easy to change so the logo still stands out.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:12 PM, vVv Exodus said:

So basically, the idea is get rid of the old logo, because it dosnt fit in with where we are going, Its not "cool" enough to be seen with all these players of our new direction. (I dont buy new clothes to make new friends.) We dont need to rebirth a logo every time we take on something new.... Our logo still stands true to the direction and community of vVv Gaming. Were just taking on a new idea its what we have always and to remain as a community will need to do. The logo never stood for the "esports king" it stood for everything vVv Gaming did, Does, and will continue to do, We were never the best, we fucking picked eachother up and pushed eachother to do our best, and thats we got results it was always the community and embracing change was our culture. vVv Gaming was never taylored to just playing in esports either, therefore the logo and will continue to hold value to the brand, no matter which direction the community goes it, it will always be involved with gaming. when I see this new logo, I immediately think its for an independent clan or team. Which would be great for a guild flag or some kind of off brand under the original vVv logo. I immediately feel its taylored to PC MMO's.  vVv is always going to change direction thats the only way it will stay alive, as a member I want to feel vested in a community, especially one that says "EST 2007" on the logo. immediately nothing feels like it holds any value, if we change logos every time we change direction. vVv Gaming never held one solid direction and thats exactly how we achieved excellence our Highs are not just limited to how we preformed at esports tournaments. I think we need to stay true to the original logo design. I really think this it removes the value or authenticity of the long lasting community members.  However, I do love the design,. I just dont think it makes for a good logo, in comparison to our current one.  However would look great on, recruitment posts, social media, etc. Im on board with updating the current logo but i believe it should be an evolved form not a completely changed form as a long lasting member I want to say look how much we've grown not look how much we have changed.

1 hour ago, vVv Exodus said:

#3 all day.  I agree Buzz never forget where we came from, I think the new logo is a good mixture of old and new.

Agreed 

I know this seems crazy but, why not somehow incorporate the bird to be an eagle, on either side have claws holding on to a weapon and on the other a keyboard or something, idk just thought it would look more towards showing kind of what we do through our logo.

Just now, EastSideSamurai said:

I know this seems crazy but, why not somehow incorporate the bird to be an eagle, on either side have claws holding on to a weapon and on the other a keyboard or something, idk just thought it would look more towards showing kind of what we do through our logo.

I mean since an eagle does stand for valor in a way, it would be a great way to incorporate our views on how we stand, with our heads high and proud.

If you want to go with this design then the typeface needs to improve. It has no hierarchy or visual appeal. Play with font weights and make specific text stand out.

I like the "vVv bird" concept, but it needs a lot of work to make it the point of focus on the design since it's right in the middle of everything. Play with the distance between bars, bar thickness and the shape of how the bars end.

I like the use of shadows to show depth on the bottom banner, but it doesn't work well on the right side of the shield. It looks likes an afterthought of attempting to make the shield have some form of generic depth without adding any other visual value to the design.

Overall this design is the start of something that needs a lot more work on the layout, visual elements and polish. It is not entirely finished as is.

What do you want the new logo to achieve?

I hope you find this constructive, let me know if you need help.

1 hour ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

If you want to go with this design then the typeface needs to improve. It has no hierarchy or visual appeal. Play with font weights and make specific text stand out.

this is probably the reason why i feel the text is a bit 'off'.

7 hours ago, vVv Doomhammer said:

Updated design based on some of the early feedback. Thoughts on these two?

#3B

vVv Gaming Logo v2.5 Color Transparent.png

#7B

vVv Gaming Logo v2.5 B-W Transparent.png

@vVv Buzz do you have any suggestions on what would stay more true to the previous logo?

Yes, I believe we need to stick to our roots, and stay with the round logo, Its been the same concept since day one and allows us to keep rolling forward.  The shield just looks like a little much.  I am 100% open to changing the logo but as I stated before it should be an evolved version.  But maybe the V's within the circle and the eagle head holding out. I will work up some stuff, maybe this week. I have to leave for work tonight until 07:00CST (sunday) and I will be off til Thursday.

Theres a lot of things I get from the new design, but the new logo looks like applying to be a hogwarts alumni. or im going to work for some boring insurance company. @vVv Doomhammer lets try and set up a meeting lets see if we can get @vVv Pherzghul and @vVv Tahvvy on board as well . I am not allowed to have my phone in the building at work so I will be able to sync up anytime after 07:00

Edited by vVv Buzz

On 2/28/2019 at 11:35 PM, vVv ExiLee said:

#3! I can see that on a jersey or hoodie! 

Thats what I am saying, The design is a fucking sweet design, and should be kept for future projects. put it on a shirt. We need to stay true to our brand companies like mcdonalds, pepsi, amazon, HP, Ebay. etc dont change their logo everytime they fail. vVv is always changing direction changing the logo, everytime we take on something new we should use this for other media to grow and update what we already have rather than replace the old. 

maybe give the shield a fancy boarder, maybe a celtic design or something of that nature, and possibly patterned backdrop like an argyle on shield, the font definately has to go, try something unique to design. I cant tell where the part of the banner closest to the front with the text seperates from the bottom portion,  

https://gyazo.com/3da16fd95c39865aee27ab1c722026f5
https://gyazo.com/5a416eadbf8f3fbf699c53abad999c0d
https://gyazo.com/26c5da2f31bc932ed2b9a03c7999f7aa