Shadow (ex-vVv)

Former vVv Members and where they are now....

Hello everyone,

For those of you who do not know me. I was a vVv member from 2012 to 2015, I was a member of the Call of Duty Division, was the Call of Duty Assistant Manager for a point in time, and then left vVv Gaming when the esports efforts were not pushed as much as I would have liked; then I became the Esports Manager for Clan Lucky Strike before it was sold to Operation Supply Drop. After the sell to OSD, I had left CLS to return back to vVv Gaming to become the Business Development Coordinator, before effectively leaving vVv Gaming.

I just recently came back to the vVv Forums after seeing a post about vVv looking to make a return in the esports community. After seeing so many familiar faces in the shoutbox and some of them repping the V's once more, I wanted to make a post to see where all the former vVv Members are at today. 

So with that being said..... Former vVv Members, even the ones who just recently got their V's back.... Where are you at today? Do you still game? What do you do for work? What platform do you mainly play on now? Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how?

I will start....

Where am I at today? Well I am 24 about to turn 25 in March. Since my time in vVv, I have moved out of my parents house and into an apartment with my SO and 2 of our friends, where I have lived for the past 2 years. I have grown a lot since my time in vVv, and hopefully after talking with some old faces, that they can agree to that. I honestly am unsure what else to put here so this will be the last sentence haha.

Do I still Game? Is the sky still blue? If you look at the sun will it make you blind? What type of question is this? Of course I still game. I game as much as I can nowadays which is not as much as I would like to, but that is what having a job and a life gets you.

What platform do I mainly play on now? I mainly play on the PS4, but I do have a perfectly capable gaming PC to play on, but I do not have many people to game with on PC that much. Also I am in the market to buy a NZXT build PC but am currently debating on rather I want to drop 2K now... I also have a Switch to play Smash Brothers on.... Fight me.

What do I do for work? After many years, I was able to turn my passion of gaming and esports into a career, and I am proud to say that I am the Operations Manager for OpTic Gaming now.

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? Yes and 1000x again YES!! vVv was my starting point in esports. vVv gave me a platform to learn more about the esports industry, and with the help of Jerry, Doom, and Rob, I was able to take what I learned from vVv to propel me forward into other organizations which inevitably helped me land where I am at today, and honestly if it was not for vVv Gaming, I would not be where I am at today and for that I am forever thankful.

So thats me!! So who will be next to go? I still #BelievVve there are many old faces lurking the forums...

Edited by Shadow (ex-vVv)

Excellent post! Glad we been best friends through all these years and seeing you go through all these amazing changes.

Heres mine:

Where am I today?: I am 24 also turning 25 in March. Living out of NYC in my wonderful 4 bedroom 2 bathroom place . Always traveling at least 8-11 times a year now. Since my time in vVv back in 2011 I went from being a junior in H.S living in FL, to living with my grandparents in upstate NY to now my own place in NYC. Lots of growth.

Do I still game?: I do!! A lot less than previous years but increasingly on mobile for certain AMAZING STUPENDOUS reasons I legally cant disclose yet. And also reliving my childhood on Kingdom Hearts 3. Soon I'll be deep diving into gaming again.

What platform do I mainly play on now?: I mainly play on xbox and mobile with some tabletop.

What do I do for work?: Currently today I am a Field Sales Manager for Samsung Electronics America in which thankfully in 2 years time I'll be walking away from it retired as I have a growing business in mentorship and life coaching helping become a leader that develops leaders. 

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? It absolutely has!!! I have failed twice as a division manager but succeeded many times in being a community family member. I even through my failures failed forward and with Jerry's guidance, flying me out to see him twice, meeting people like Shadow, Nikki, and Arkaine I at a young age got a true progressive start in genuine friendship and leadership whilst managing ambiguity delivering results even without clear direction. Every event I attended, every new initiative we made as a staff and community, every interaction I've had on here translated these acquired skills into my current job and further more my legacy building business. vVv is still on my resume till this day haha. Forever grateful for what vVv has taught me!!

ill keep it short

Where am I today?: I am 27 living in the NW Indiana region bordering Chicago and working with Amazon.

Do I still game?: Yes regularly

What platform do I mainly play on now?: Well up until yesterday I played PC, but my power supply unit decided it wanted to bite the dust... literally, I have an Xbox One I often play as well, add me vVv Buzz

What do I do for work?: I am working with Amazon, as a warehouse associate and training ambassador.

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? yeah, it just works like that.

Edited by vVv Buzz

Where am I today?: I'm now 25 and still living in Chesapeake, VA. When I was originally in vVv, back in 2010-2014, I was in high school and college and I now work at Newport News Shipyard.

Do I still game?: If I'm not at work, sleeping, or have something important to do I'm playing.

What platform do I mainly play on now?: PS4 is my main system as I'm on a team going to compete at CWL Fort Worth. I still play on X1 and PC from time to time when I fell like switching things up.

What do I do for work?: I'm a ship-fitter at Newport New Shipyard. I build all the structural components for submarines for the Navy. 

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? Yes it did. Made quite a few friends through vVv that I still keep in contact with and a few I still game with from time to time. I still have a drive to compete at the highest level I can, as well as step back and enjoy just little things a game can offer. I try to take the various lessons I learned from Jerry, Doom, and many others during my time here and apply them to my life daily. 

I chose a good day to check out the forums again, lol. Many on here won't recognize me or my name, at least I don't think so. I was a vVv Member for just over 2 years, from 2008 to 2010. I was the Community Manager about 6 months, but mostly I was on a few of the amatuer Gears of War teams. 

Where am I today? I'm 28, in college on the G.I. Bill and will become a cop fairly soon. 

Do I still game? Regularly, yes. I'm not as competitive as I was before. I mostly use gaming as a way to relax now. 

What platform do I mainly play on now? PS4. I'd like to get into PC Gaming, but I just never seem to have the money to put together a rig that would make it worth it. 

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? No, not really. Jerry did put me in my first management position, though, and I learned a lot while I was Community Manager. Out of my time in vVv, I'm most thankful for that. Getting to meet a lot of the vVv Community at MLG Orlando 2009 was great and a memory I'll cherish.

Love this @Shadow (ex-vVv)!

Where am I at today? Its been a long 10 years, and even more growing up in that time frame. I now have 2 kids and I moved to NC. I work with a company who is the orignal creator of geophysical mesauring equipment using nuclear radioactive sources. I am the sole International Sales Advocate.

Do I still Game? Absolutely, I cannot imagine a world where I would not continue to do what I love.

What platform do I mainly play on now? Mainly, as it as always been, on Xbox. But I do dabble on PC as my secondary. I will soon be getting a Switch so you can find me there co-oping with @vVv Skeensyy

What do I do for work? I work with a company who is the orignal creator of geophysical mesauring equipment using nuclear radioactive sources. I am the sole International Sales Advocate.

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? With out a doubt. If it wasn't for vVv I would not have made the friends and connections I did and still have to this day. Main shoutouts are to @vVv Skeensyy and @vVv Exodus whom are a HUGE reason I am here today. On the personal side, @vVv Skeensyyis my best friend and without vVv, I would have never met such an awesome friend who has stuck by my side for the last 10 years.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:26 PM, vVv NerdPrblms said:

On the personal side, @vVv Skeensyyis my best friend and without vVv, I would have never met such an awesome friend who has stuck by my side for the last 10 years.

:) 

Edited by vVv Skeensyy

Oh man. I haven't been around much, but I do still play games here and there. It's awesome to see vVv coming back around.

Where am I at today? I am a graphic designer for a high tech direct marketing service. It's an awesome job with a great team that reminds me much of when I was a staff member here in vVv. I've won an ADDY award for a custom design piece I created for one of our clients. I still find it weird when I get introduced to visitors as an award winning designer at work. #humblebrag

Do I still Game? Definitely. I just picked up APEX and been doing some Dota AutoChess on the side. I'm patiently waiting on Star Citizen...and on The Division 2 to be released.

What platform do I mainly play on now? PC and Switch.

What do I do for work? I create seasonal postcard content, marketing design, Premedia and online template automation.

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? Probably? I never asked my boss if it did affect his decision or not.

Let me know if anyone wants to play APEX on PC. My tag is Pherzhgul on Origin.

Where am I at today? 

Many of you here that have posted probably do not know me as I came after your time here, however, I am Bagzli and I did a number of things at vVv Gaming. I've started out as an admin in our Guild Wars 2 Guild and moved onto running the said Guild, followed by running all the MMO guilds we had and then even became the President of vVv Gaming. I've also built the current website that we have now.  I have been eSports focused with my time here, but I focused on creating content instead of participating in it. For example, I would create Tournaments for players to participate. I did this in Guild Wars 2 (Kings of The Mists), Rocket League (Supersonic Series), and PUBG (The Armaggedon Series). Currently, I still lurk the forums from time to time and drop in to say hi on Discord. I would say today I'm in a great place. I've recently bought a house and am counting days until I can move in. For me, this was a huge milestone to cross and I'm very happy I've finally accomplished that goal.

Do I still Game? 

I still game, however, due to my efforts mostly being focused on a personal project, I've driven down to currently playing a game that lets me be very casual... Runescape... I've always loved MMO's, That is actually how I found vVv Gaming, through Guild Wars 2 Guild. I also play from time to time: Rocket League, Dead By Daylight, Dota 2, PUBG, and Overwatch.

What platform do I mainly play on now?  I've always been a PC Player, although I did buy a switch and been loving Legend of Zelda. I do also own XBOX One, just its been collecting dust lately...

What do I do for work?  I'm a software engineer. I create websites. I've worked on Payment Processing websites in the past and now I work for a startup company which is a different type of adventure for me than what my previous work was.

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? 

Yes, time spent here I will never regret as it has given me opportunities to grow in various areas. I'd like to believe I have grown as a person from my interactions with various people I have met due to the work I did here and as well as professionally. vVv Gaming website has been the first website I ever made on my own and it has given me the confidence to create more websites and seek better opportunities due to that experience.

Where am I today?:  I'm 25, 26 in March. Happily engaged to my girlfriend of almost 3 years. Saving up to hopefully buy our first house by the end of the year.

Do I still game?:  not nearly as much as I'd like to, I get a few hours in every few days but with work and being an actual adult now I cant sink in the hours I used to

What platform do I mainly play on now?: ps4 or PC mainly. My xbox collects dust.

What do I do for work?: I'm a fraud analyst for a large UK bank.

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? absolutely. I had many roles in the 2 stints I had in vVv, I was the assistant EU manager on my first stay where I learnt a lot of skills when it comes to dealing with people and leadership. When I came back to vVv a few years later I quickly became the assistant and then the CoD division manager. I took over with the division in a pretty poor state and I'd like to think i turned it i to the most successful period the division had. The skills i learnt then by working with the division and Jerry have been applied in my professional life and got me into the position I'm in now which I'm extremely grateful for.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:21 PM, BlacK StaRR (ex-vVv) said:

Where am I today?:  I'm 25, 26 in March. Happily engaged to my girlfriend of almost 3 years. Saving up to hopefully buy our first house by the end of the year.

Do I still game?:  not nearly as much as I'd like to, I get a few hours in every few days but with work and being an actual adult now I cant sink in the hours I used to

What platform do I mainly play on now?: ps4 or PC mainly. My xbox collects dust.

What do I do for work?: I'm a fraud analyst for a large UK bank.

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? absolutely. I had many roles in the 2 stints I had in vVv, I was the assistant EU manager on my first stay where I learnt a lot of skills when it comes to dealing with people and leadership. When I came back to vVv a few years later I quickly became the assistant and then the CoD division manager. I took over with the division in a pretty poor state and I'd like to think i turned it i to the most successful period the division had. The skills i learnt then by working with the division and Jerry have been applied in my professional life and got me into the position I'm in now which I'm extremely grateful for.

Great to hear you're doing well, you were a great asset to vVv back in the day my friend.

Where am I today?: Currently a tournament organizer for Brawlhalla. Doesn't pay enough/often anymore. Did some graphics for a few tournaments in the past but I stepped down from doing them. I'm a twitch mod on the official stream.

Do I still game?: Why stop gaming? It's still one of the best solutions for me to briefly take a break from my problems and be happy.

What platform do I mainly play on now?: PC. add on steam id/tahvvy

What do I do for work?: Unemployed right now. Someone hook me up. ?

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? I'm a believer that everything that happens in your life shapes your life. no matter how small or big the impact is. So right now, i use the quote i heard from Jerry many times in the forum instant chat bar.... Embrace the Suck. Something i kinda live by now. Helps me to stop blaming the world for problems look for the solution in myself. Originally the quote is for people who suck at the game to stop getting overly upset for sucking because alot of people suck.
The graphic arts skills I built from my time with vVv still carries over. But mostly I only do it if I have inspiration, streamer with shitty overlay and panels, or i do it for fun/myself, or if someone asks me personally for something or money. 
Doing graphics was how I stepped into the brawlhalla scene and used as a starting point to make connections.
Also its nice to see the badges i designed are still being used on this site.

It's great to see so many old faces!!  I remember alot of you guys throughout the years its great to see what all of you have accomplished!!

Where am I todayI moved from NYC to Texas back in 2014, I still owe my homes in NYC and go back and forth a lot.  

Do I still game? Of course, I took a brief break when I was in SO academy but I immediately went back to playing once I graduated.

What do I do for work? I'm a deputy at the bexar county sheriff office 

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how?  I've had so many great memories with this community from the 07 GoW team to now,  I even met Vall on here.  Plus the vVv's r literally in every user name I have in gaming, nonetheless I will always be a part of this community. 

Where am I today I am now 27 years old living in Chicago currently with two other roommates just enjoying the city life right now. I used to be active in these forums close to 10 years ago when Gears of War was reaching a very high point and every one would make plans to attend the next big MLG event. Also remember the days when the shoutbox was so alive with 50+ people all chatting.

Do I still game? No doubt about it. I still have the competitive nature but definitely don't attend any tournaments. I was really into League of Legends for the last several years but lately you'll see me playing Fortnite and now Apex Legends on my PC.

What do I do for work? I currently work as a paramedic.

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how?  I would say it opened my eyes and made me realize that I could have some lasting friendships that initially started out as online only without having had met in person right away. Logging into this site brings back some good memories for sure.

Where am I at today? I am 27 and, perhaps, a tad more mature than I was during my prior stints with vVv (2008-2010).  I graduated from the University of Michigan in 2014 and from the SMU Dedman School of Law in 2017.  Now, I am an attorney in Dallas, TX.  I mainly work in commercial litigation, though I've done some transactional work.  

Do I still game? Truthfully, I haven't played many video games these last few years.  Everything got a tad too complicated for me.  So, for now, most of my "gaming" is limited to random cell phone games, crossword puzzles, and card games. 

What platform do I mainly play on now? I have a PS4, though it's been a month or two since I last played a game on it.  My PS4-usage has mostly centered on PS Vue, Netflix, and Hulu.  

What do I do for work? Associate Attorney.

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how? Absolutely.  I think my time as a staff member helped sharpen my writing skills and, in broader terms, helped me overcome my previously shy demeanor.  

On 2/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, vVv sK1ppY said:

It's great to see so many old faces!!  I remember alot of you guys throughout the years its great to see what all of you have accomplished!!

Where am I todayI moved from NYC to Texas back in 2014, I still owe my homes in NYC and go back and forth a lot.  

Do I still game? Of course, I took a brief break when I was in SO academy but I immediately went back to playing once I graduated.

What do I do for work? I'm a deputy at the bexar county sheriff office 

Did your time in vVv affect where you are at today? If so, then how?  I've had so many great memories with this community from the 07 GoW team to now,  I even met Vall on here.  Plus the vVv's r literally in every user name I have in gaming, nonetheless I will always be a part of this community. 

I wonder if anyone here actually knows how to pronounce "Bexar."