Sign in to follow this  
vVv Savior

What game made you?

What game started your passion? Mine started with Unreal Tournament GOTY and really became a passion with Gears of War. My dad would always let me play and I immediately was hooked so when we finally got an xbox 360 my first game was Unreal Tournament 3. Well on the game there was a trailer with Cliffy B talking all about this game called Gears of War. Well my dad and I went to gamestop and grabbed the game and a second controller and went home and played the entire campaign together. Well of course we had to go grab the 2nd one and we beat that too. One day I came home from school and decided to try something new, Multiplayer. It was born. My interest became a hobby, my hobby became a love, and my love became a passion. Gears of War 2 will always be my favorite game because that is where I grew up. What's yours?

I played many games as a little kid because my sister, father, and uncle were always in the living room playing something, but Halo 2 was when I first got to play xbox live. This was a life changing experience for me. I was so infatuated with being better than anyone I played against. Its a hard choice between Halo 3 and Gears of War 1 because I loved them both so much. 

Halo is where legends are born as well haha but gears seems to be a love for all gamers from what i'm seeing. I agree the passion to be better than everyone is a mutual feeling. I grinded Gears of war 2 to be number 1 every month on the leaderboards and got excited when my K/D went from 0.3 to avg around 2.0-4.0 nowadays and win loss ratio (what really matters lol) are sometimes in the 100's when i really cared about the game. I think my warzone stats on gow 3 are like 73.0 w/L and gow 4 i had like 103 wins and 2 losses before they removed it. But now I just play for fun until I can find a group of people to grind with again.

Started with Mario when I was 3 or 4.. Owned a Sega first and Sonic and then after a couple days realized I was a Mario guy. My competitive nature came from sports, was never allowed to quit anything, so it made me highly competitive. The game that really turned things for me and made me feel there was a competitive nature to it was Gears1, but I really hit my stride with CoD4. 

I started playing games on a famicom. The games were MARIO and duck hunt. I moved onto PS1 Which then became instantly addicted to crash, mortal kombat and twisted metal. I owned lots of systems but Xbox won me over with the Halo series until I picked up the OG Gears which had me hooked for years. That’s when I ended up here in the forums because of I wanted to be like players such as Bawabus, Puff, and TakeDown. 

That went a little too long but yeah that’s just a little of the games that influenced me lol

Started with Mario Kart n64 when i was about 5 years old or younger. Absolutely loved it and continued playing various games with friends however from a Competitive standpoint I started with Halo3 and GOW1 =D

For me it was Super Mario Bros on the NES, I was a year old when I played it. Ever since then, I have been playing video games. Though my dad never thought to push me to be a pro gamer, though he said he regrets not doing so. :D

Man it really depends. I grew up on Pokemon, Smash Bros, Custom Robo, a whole bunch of stuff. I think Pokemon got me started gaming, Halo 2 is when I really started getting into playing against other people, and DJ Hero was my peak competitive game lol. Sadly I missed the vVv tournament, but I was always chasing leaderboard scores on Xbox. 

Really great topic, I love the question! Props to you!

It first started with Final Fantasy 3. Thats where my love for gaming started. As far as playing competitively and wanting to get better day by day, that started with the first shooter I ever really put time into. And that was Destiny. Late to the drive and passion game, but I'm 6 years in and by far the best experience I've ever had with gaming. Between love for the game, the community, and the friends I've made throughout the series.