Sign in to follow this  
Yui

Patch 6.18 discussion

Link to the official patch notes:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-618-notes

Wow, Riot really laid down the Nurf hammer for this patch.  It seems that there are a lot of tune-downs rather than buffs.  I am a little surprised by a few of them.  I don't really understand why Lissandra needed to have her health growth stat reduced.  I never really saw her health as an issue in her kit and it seems like an unnecessary tune to me.  Maybe it had to do with competitive play in a region that I don't frequent so if anyone has any idea about that one, let me know.

It seems with this patch that they are trying to fall away from a tankier meta and toward a more damage based meta.  It will be interesting to see how the new Yorick rework works with this patch.  Sadly he made it into the worlds patch which makes it difficult for the professional teams to adapt, but it should make for some very interesting play come worlds! :D 

What do you all think?  Any buffs/nerfs catch your eye?  Any ideas on what will be broken this patch?

I'm not sure about this patch. While there are some things that I understand (the Ekko, Yasuo, and Ashe nerfs for example), others just leave me scratching my head. I get that they are trying to lay the ground work for worlds, which has been the focus of some criticism from the professional community, but they also appear to be throwing the normal scrubs under the bus a bit in terms of variety. Gnar, Lissandra and Shen have all been having trouble in D Queue for a while now, and now I feel like they will be trash tier for most people who play the game currently. It seems rather strange that, only a few months ago, riot buffed Gnar saying that he was struggling to be relevant against the very tanks that they are now claiming he overpowers. His stats are one of the lowest in the top lane currently (along with fellow nerf-mate Shen), and this might end up putting them out of commission completely, at least until the pre-season when, undoubtedly, they will revert the lion's share of these changes. 

Maybe I'm just salty because someone at Riot seems to hate top laners...

The Gnar and Shen nurfs are for competitive play for sure.  Those champs were fairly over tuned for the regional qualifiers and playoffs.  In the qualifiers Shen and Gnar were pretty heavily favored across all regions.  I know LCK, EU, LMS, LPL, and NA all favored those champs and had them upwards of 60 - 70% pick or ban rate.  NA had a 100% pick/ban rate on gnar in the gauntlet and LPL had a 100% pick/ban on Gnar as well as a 94% (16 out of 17 games) pick/ban on Shen in their gauntlet.  But it's hard to see if they had been re adjusted on the following patches.  I believe that the regional tournaments were on patch 6.15 and now we are on 6.18.  Making nurfs based on competitive play that isn't the current patch can lead to some problems.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edited by vVv Yui

6 hours ago, vVv Yui said:

Link to the official patch notes:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-618-notes

Wow, Riot really laid down the Nurf hammer for this patch.  It seems that there are a lot of tune-downs rather than buffs.  I am a little surprised by a few of them.  I don't really understand why Lissandra needed to have her health growth stat reduced.  I never really saw her health as an issue in her kit and it seems like an unnecessary tune to me.  Maybe it had to do with competitive play in a region that I don't frequent so if anyone has any idea about that one, let me know.

It seems with this patch that they are trying to fall away from a tankier meta and toward a more damage based meta.  It will be interesting to see how the new Yorick rework works with this patch.  Sadly he made it into the worlds patch which makes it difficult for the professional teams to adapt, but it should make for some very interesting play come worlds! :D 

What do you all think?  Any buffs/nerfs catch your eye?  Any ideas on what will be broken this patch?

The Lissandra hit was probably because the standard build path requires building health now whether it's through Protobelt or ROA. A level 18 Liss with either one of those items plus an abyssal or zhonyas is extremely hard to kill. Yorick will be disabled for Worlds. I'm a little upset with the ashe nerfs tbh. I don't think Ashe was op in any sense but was actually just a very good pick for how the Top Lane and Jungle meta play out. Having engage from your ADC opens up more damage and split push oriented top laners and that's what is in meta right now.