Psyth

Tom Clancy's The Division

Tom Clancy's The Division  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing, or are you interesed in getting into Tom Clancy's The Division?

So as of last night, I received an email form Ubisoft / Uplay stating that I have been activated for The Division Beta testing.

Already being hailed as 2016's most Anticipated Game of the year, Game of the year, AND the biggest kerfuffles since 2013. Apparently, PC gamers made such a fuss about The Division NOT coming to PC, that the game devs, per Demand, have brought it here; but in doing so, The Developers say that they "May have unintentionally created a Huge Graphics difference in the PC vs console versions". So much in fact, that the last time such drastic differences we're seen, was in 2013 when The Witcher 2 was forted to x360. While the console community is qq'ing, The Division PC has advanced rendering options boasting an Unlimited Frame Rates along with multiple other Performance enhancers, content, etc. etc., so if you have the rig, Tom Clancy's The Division can easily be one of the most beautifully rendered games you see in 2016. GG Ubisoft for the dedication to PC gamers and keeping us on top of the console community (even if it was by accident, Lol).

Do we have any members that are planning to run Division on PC?  And do we have people interested in forming a unit either in Beta (if you were given a Beta code), or upon release?

250px-The_Division_box.jpg

In the past I had the same reservations regarding Ubisoft, but they have improved their quality of games and services. The only issue I have at the moment is that with most FPS / Millsim RPG's it's difficult for PC Devs to accurately counter sql injectors.  Hacking is fairly rampant in these types of games.  That's why I gave up competitive Battlefield 2-3-&-4 play, Arma based games, etc. etc.  I am impressed with the strides that Ubisoft made with Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege.  While hacking is still an issue, it's been minimalized and Ubisoft is paying attention to hack reports as well as checking dark web sites such as those similar to wallhax, and putting forth a significant initiative in rooting this problem out all together (which is technically impossible, but Hey, at least they're trying. And more than what EA has done...)

This article is the best example of why I still won't buy into Ubisoft games that easily.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/ubisoft-is-killing-the-best-game-its-made-in-years/

I'll just wait and see how it goes for the first weeks unless there are good impressions during beta.

2 hours ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

This article is the best example of why I still won't buy into Ubisoft games that easily.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/ubisoft-is-killing-the-best-game-its-made-in-years/

I'll just wait and see how it goes for the first weeks unless there are good impressions during beta.

Yeah, but then again, that's another issue they are looking at. They've seen the dips in population and know good and well how to fix the issue. It's just waiting to see if they're actually going to drop the cash to upgrade their sh*t.  You can't make a 36gig FPS/RPG running todays graphics on 5 year old servers and expect things to work correctly. And I do agree with you there. I like R6Siege, but the micro lag makes it seem that everyone's hacking, and that's not the issue. It's the equipment. We'll see once the Beta procs.

Well, guess I'll go get a wench to help pull my head out of my ass.

Cheaters Plague The Division's Beta on PC

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/01/cheaters-plague-the-divisions-beta-on-pc

There have been no comments on weather this is just a Beta issue or if the base game itself doesn't have sufficient anti-hack coding. Apparently, The Division's data is stored Server side. Of course we all know it's simple to edit your games via client side (modding). However, with the Division Beta, there's NO FN FIREWALL SECURITY for their servers. When you go in and edit your Division game client side, the server stores this information without any sort of sql or code filter. I hoping, HOPING that this is intentional and that Ubisoft is progressing like other software companies that are utilizing WH-hackers to find vulnerabilities in their systems.

You have to imagine that they area aware of the issue. Like I said, I'm hoping that this was intentional so that they know exactly what to fix for the release. It is the first Beta PC test. Either way, seeing as how I preordered over 2 months ago, I'm stuck with it, but will relay what the exact status is upon release. I KNOW, that they have an Nvidia memory leak issue that has to be patched server side. I can only stay in game about 10 minutes before it locks up and crashes. Same issue I had with siege when it first released.

Playing daily since launch, currently have completed 100% of PVE and sitting at DZ rank 56. Have ran into a few hackers in DZ, but nothing a quick exit DZ and re-enter to get a new instance cant handle. Have posted a couple of videos and personally feel that Massive is making strides to get a grip on the hackers.

I just got the game a few weeks ago, have been playing on and off as my main focuses are LoL, Hots, and CS:GO. If anyone wants to add me if you have it on ps4, my psn name is Importuner88

I would avoid doing DZ until current exploits are resolved. As it is, one can easily get over 1 million damage and one shot everything that moves. Have been very frustrated the past few days and finally decided to-do some searching and what I found is disgusting! Have seen a video were a player enters Challenge Mode Incursion and proceeds to ONE SHOT the APC, very very sad times for this game.

On 4/20/2016 at 0:48 AM, vVv DarkDante said:

I would avoid doing DZ until current exploits are resolved. As it is, one can easily get over 1 million damage and one shot everything that moves. Have been very frustrated the past few days and finally decided to-do some searching and what I found is disgusting! Have seen a video were a player enters Challenge Mode Incursion and proceeds to ONE SHOT the APC, very very sad times for this game.

Is this still the case?  I thought patch 1.1 fixed some of this. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-patch-11-heres-everything-thats-new-a/1100-6438749/

On 4/20/2016 at 2:48 PM, vVv DarkDante said:

Sadly the game is quite a mess (more so on PC version than the others). Not just on a cheating/exploit/hacking level but on a content level as well. It really feels like the early days of Diablo 3 and unfortunately the game has basically run its course for everyone i know that was playing it. Perhaps they will fix up the bugs and crack down on the cheating on a serious level; but unless they make the game more about having fun rather than a ridiculous grind, in which they punish players more who didn't take advantage of exploits, i don't see The Division lasting very long. Ubisoft really needs to take a good look at what blizzard did to turn D3 around and find ways to creatively do the same thing.

On 4/22/2016 at 9:23 PM, vVv LordJerith said:

Is this still the case?  I thought patch 1.1 fixed some of this. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-patch-11-heres-everything-thats-new-a/1100-6438749/

Yes, they pushed a server side hot fix but two talents can still be exploited. Right now I am reducing my gear score to sub 161 and enjoying playing the sub 161 GS DZ bracket, rolled through DZ for about ~4 hours yesterday without a single hacking / exploit issue. Was the most fun I have had in the DZ since Open BETA.

Hey everyone, vVv Supermario and i play almost 3 times a week and we never see anybody else on and playing The Divison. We even made a Teamspeak channel for it. If you guys want to play hit us up, we are online everyday.

State of Game 12/05/2016

• NO CHANGES THIS WEEK
  • Weapon Talent Balance/Tweaking (won't land in 1.2)
  • 1.2 Changes confirmed (some at least)
  • Sentry Bug fixed in 1.2 (occurs when you get close to a player that has applied the sentry "mark" to you previously)
    • Same as gas grenade bug
    • NB. this isnt the only bug thats occuring with Sentry's....
  • Brutal - currently is multiplicative (changing to additive instead)
  • Balanced - works on first bullet only after shouldering
  • Sentry 4 set piece being tweaked (will only work with Semi-automatic weapons eg Pistol/Shotgun/Marksman Rifle)
  • Set pieces (bonuses) will work with "Specific Weapons" where applicable
  • New set pieces coming in 1.2
  • Reckless chest fixed
  • Talent stacking fixed in 1.2 (so still works in current game)
  • Performance Gear Mods being buffed
  • New stat - Toughness in 1.2 will be bundled stat that combines Armour/Stamina
  • Armor cap increased to 75% (so using 4560/65*75=5262aprx)
  • Phoenix Credits - double cap - 2k
  • Hinted 1.2 arriving next week on a couple of occasions.....

Group size is fine, 5 people doing Underground or other PVE activities with the right group setup works. PVP (DZ) is fun as well with 5.

Have played the game since release solo and with groups, the major issue with the game (for me) is the exploits and bugs that go unresolved as they add new content.