Sign in to follow this  
Waterbirdh2o

Discussion For Picking Captains During Supersonic Finale

I believe that it would be better if we had the top 24 play like we did for this tournament, but instead of having the top 8 from the leader board be captains, I feel like we should have used the top 8 MMR of solo standard. This way we could have the better players be captains, and not have the best player in the tournament be able to have first pick to the second best player in the tournament. I just believe that having the top 8 MMR of these top 24 on the leader board would have fixed some of these problems, because most teams didn't have a chance in this tournament.

That's what I assumed was actually going to be how captains were decided tonight, as the thread posted about the finale says "...The highest rated players will be captains...", so when I saw that it was the top 8 on the leaderboards that were the captains, I knew right then that Pluto would pick Zane, they would dominate, and Genocop would be the only team to give any real resistance (and even then still lost to Pluto twice 2-1 and 2-0), while the rest of us were left to fight for third.

I'm a bit disappointed that it turned out like that, as the main reason I enjoy participating in the draft tournaments is because it makes it mostly fair for everyone. I enjoyed participating in all of the vVv tournaments the past few months but again, this really disappointed me, especially as I won't be able to join much in season 2 due to my job.

Edited by -Derek

Thank you for your input guys, I do admit that last night was an experiment to see how it would go with using the leaderboard as way of measure.  Our wish was to give me leaderboard more value in the tournament and have people wish to be in top 8 as oppose to just top 24.  However I do agree with the problem you have stated above.  Does anyone has any ideas on how we can maintain fair picking but still give the leaderboard more value?

20 minutes ago, vVv Bagzli said:

Thank you for your input guys, I do admit that last night was an experiment to see how it would go with using the leaderboard as way of measure.  Our wish was to give me leaderboard more value in the tournament and have people wish to be in top 8 as oppose to just top 24.  However I do agree with the problem you have stated above.  Does anyone has any ideas on how we can maintain fair picking but still give the leaderboard more value?

The first thing that comes to mind is keep it the same way; top 8 are captains, but instead of ordering the picks by their points on the leaderboard, in that 8th place has the first pick, order the draft like it normally was, by RP. So the first pick would be the person with the lowest RP in the top 8. I can think of a bunch of other more complex methods but there isn't much reason for those and they're not full-proof for a leaderboard with the amount of tournaments held.

Sign in to follow this  

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name