Sign in to follow this  
vVv Saturn

Supersonic Series Feedback Thread

Hey everyone!

We want to open up the discussion to everyone and ask for your feedback. If you have any CONSTRUCTIVE feedback for our team of admins or streamers this is the place to put it. 

-Supersonic Staff

Yessss Plz, i would like to know if there is someone Saturn can improve on, ya know, cuz cherp is cool and stuff. Streamers are always on point IMO

The events are great! Except for the draft. The 2 teams in the finals last night both had smurfs. We played a guy with like under 5 hours and he carried their team!!!! This draft event isnt supposed to be MLG or ESL, it is meant for fun for all skill levels. Every team should have some parody, and when a team captain asks his friend to make a smurf account (so no one would pick him cus of his low rank), it takes the competitive fun out of it. this is 2 weeks in a row that i have noticed smurfs in the draft. i don't want to be that guy but it really isn't fair and sometimes not even fun when you are playing teams that are close to you, then you meet a team with a smurf and just get absolutely killed and ran out of the tourney.

I am not to sure what can be done, maybe just have a list of all the lower lower ranked guys, then if they get picked abnormally high or out of place maybe do a little research on those accounts, if it seems really fishy and that team did really well, most likely there was a smurf on that team. Maybe have PC users put the amount of game hrs they have, i have only seen PC smurfs.

I have noticed on more than one occasion that some of the players have been semi-pro and even pro players playing in here on alternative accounts. I am an amateur player and from my understanding of it, this is an amateur tournament. It's absolutely no fun when I come to play and have a good time and end up playing against a team of stacked semi-pros and getting completely wrecked. I really do try to enjoy the tournament but it's really hard to do that when you have a highly skilled player against an average player. That is the main concern that I have with actual game play. 

As far as streaming is concerned, I think having a guest on with the two normal streamers, Sir J.O.S. and Lawlercaust, would be a nice twist into things or even a third regular streamer. Maybe catch an after game interview with a team that was just being streamed. 

The biggest thing though is that semi-pro and pro players need to be pulled out. The teams that are playing tonight are stacked and they knew they would win from the get-go (Team Kuniv). Nobody wants to play against a stacked team like that with two semi-pro players on it. 

I think the biggest problem I saw out of the Shuffle, and especially the Draft was their start times. Neither of them ever started at 9, or really even too close to 9. The Draft, more so towards the end of season 1 started to see the start time hit anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes afterwards. I think moving the check in time up earlier and having the draft take place before the start time would be better. Adding to that, the bracket was often setup rather late IMO for the Draft. The team captains for that are set the moment check ins are done, so the bracket could've been made the moment the captains were confirmed, instead most of the time it wasn't made or given to the players until after the draft was completed.

I really loved the addition in the last couple of weeks to make it double elimination again even with a lot of teams, but having it best of 1. It was rather disappointing to wait a good amount of time to get your team and everything and then be out after just 2 games played, prior to that change.

My team talked to Bagzli about this last night, and he was telling us his plans for it in season 2, but the points for the solo leaderboards this season were really susceptible to mistakes. I myself had to get something corrected, as well as a friend who for a time had himself listed on the leaderboards 3 times for a period. A teammate last night and another friend both were missing a lot of points due to an incorrect amount of wins being listed, but due to no records being kept of who was on teams they're just out of luck, both of which could've possibly made the top 24 had it been right.

Also to reiterate what the above posters said, smurfs are definitely an issue. They didn't show up too much until the last few weeks, but they showed up a lot. I had a friend who was on a team in the draft that was composed of a 1200~ rank captain, 1500~ rank smurf, and himself. They didn't win, and basically completely blamed the losses on my friend, and he didn't have much of a good time that night.

All in all I loved participating in the tournaments I did join in. I never did win one, with my best finish coming last night, but as someone who's not very good as a player, I love the vVv tournaments simply because it gives a player like me the chance to do well.

Edited by -Derek

Assuming that season 2 doesn't become 3 draft tournaments a week, and stays what it is now, draft/showdown/shuffle, I think it would be best to move the draft to Saturday and move the start time up by a few hours. It's the most popular event by far, with the last few weeks surpassing 100 participants, around 40~ teams. As it was, the tournament didn't start until 9:30 eastern, and assuming you got even a little far into the tournament you were going to be up for a few hours. If you went all the way you most likely were up by or past midnight. Doing it on Saturday and earlier would make it a bit easier on people and there'd be more people watching the stream, as well.

Sign in to follow this  

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name