vVv OrganicBear

Post-patch companions

So prior to the patch last week I used to run Heroics with my healer companion no problem and could basically run AFK and just sit there tanking with no issue. Now it seems every fight in a heroic instance is pretty much down to my last bit of health bar. Is it worth it to keep the healer companion if you are DPS? Is the tank better now? Or is it good to run 2x DPS? I find I die pretty quickly once my companion dies...

4 hours ago, vVv OrganicBear said:

So prior to the patch last week I used to run Heroics with my healer companion no problem and could basically run AFK and just sit there tanking with no issue. Now it seems every fight in a heroic instance is pretty much down to my last bit of health bar. Is it worth it to keep the healer companion if you are DPS? Is the tank better now? Or is it good to run 2x DPS? I find I die pretty quickly once my companion dies...

They did nerf the companions and the heal spec pretty bad. For example, my Lana would do 12k heals every time and now she does 3-5k. But, for you Greg it would be better for you to use a heal companion more than any else cause you'll have more effectiveness on solo Heroics.

I'll also post this there for future reference on which spec you should put your companions for a variety of toons.

Tank Toons- DPS companion
DPS Toons- Heal companion
Heal Toons- Tank companion

Edited by vVv Arkaine

Also helps if you pick the right heal companion, I know that if I pick one that is not a range heler IE: Jaesa Williams she will run in and be front line trying to heal. I usualy roll with a range healer like Quinn :)

Have yet to die due to a lack of heals more times its me rushing in before my healer is spawned or taking on to many at once :) I soloed the Oricon heroic area without a single death and that is by far (IMHO) the hardest heroic area in the game.