Falcodile

I am sad, it finally happened

Yesterday after a huge losing streak, I got demoted to Silver 1. I used to play support and even though my lane would win, the others didn't (I'm not saying this as the typical whining of my team feeds, it was true, one game I even had the most damage dealt as support by 10k, and of course there were one or two games where I would just feed myself and play bad, but that was not the majority).

After resting for a few hours I decided to go for another game, I said screw it and went to the jungle, a role I haven't mained since the start of season 5. Deciding to go with Diana, I finally win a match and even bought Ekko to jungle because I played him when he was free and felt good with his kit.

Now I need help, with Diana I want to know. Which is the best way to secure the landing of your Q and how or when to dive their team? I went with Runeglaive, Nashor, Zhonyas and was going to build Ludens.

With Ekko I want to know which is the best item path? I've seen both ap ekko jungle and tank ekko jungle. Which is the best to take for which situation?.

I'd appreciate any help.

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 9.52.47 AM.png

I think that Diana is probably my favorite jungler right now, with her sustain and raw damage. I follow the same build path, but I tend to go for a dcap rather than ludens, since you get more burst from her kit that way. As far as landing q, I would say that on release quick cast and just practicing with its odd trajectory is the best approach. I mostly play her in lane though, and I think thats the best way to learn her q mechanics. Since Diana had so much burst, and scales so well, getting a small lead can make it really easy to dive in fights. She is also very tanky for a Mage, so just get a feel for how much dmg she can take in a fight. Also she will get stomped if she gets cc'd, so be careful if your team fighting against a comp with a lot of lockdown.

Ekko is also one of my favorite jungle options too. I would say that in general ap is better than tank if you have any other front line in your comp though.

Hope that helps!

Most people I trust say to build Diana like a full AP mage to increase her assassination potential (i.e. skip nashors for Dcap or Ludens or another big AP item). A lot of the time if you build for sustain damage then you end up not being a big enough threat until you are full build so you can't just 1-shot the squishies when you land your Q.

Was talking to yui about diana jungle not so long ago, we both sort of agreed on that shes sort of risky, i feel she sort of needs to get fed early or at least get some sort of a lead in the jungle to not fall behind so you'd need to be ganking a fair bit or really power farming and then ganking a lot once you're 6 otherwise it'd be hard to catch up. As for landing Q, a thing i've seen a lot of players doing is having a keybind for normal cast so that they can line up their skillshot to make sure they know the range then its just memorizing travel time etc and you should be able to time and hit it the majority of the time. Any time i've played diana, i've always tried to make sure im either on a flank or im in a position to blow up their carries but try and keep myself in a position where my team can jump in so i don't die as soon as i jump into cc range etc. if you've got champs like malph, yasuo, orianna, champs with follow up like theirs, i feel you can just jump into the middle of them, E, and that gives them a great opportunity to follow up on the whole team

Was talking to yui about diana jungle not so long ago, we both sort of agreed on that shes sort of risky, i feel she sort of needs to get fed early or at least get some sort of a lead in the jungle to not fall behind so you'd need to be ganking a fair bit or really power farming and then ganking a lot once you're 6 otherwise it'd be hard to catch up.

Diana is a super risky jungler.  She is a burst mage that requires items and levels to succeed.  This means that your early game pressure potential is low and can allow for an enemy team to establish a lead before you become relevant.  Since she also requires gold, your time management is important so you can get your items and blow people up sooner.  A failed gank can ruin a Diana game.  I'll go into it more this evening since I'm in class but I'll be back I promise!

Sooooooo as I was saying, for Diana jungle time management is key.  If you don't hit your power spike in a relatively decent time frame you won't have much influence in the game.  This means you need to be successful in your early ganks or forgo them and power farm the jungle.  Just getting a summoner from a gank isn't worth, you need something that will propel you towards late game, such as gold and/or experience.

For items I do like your build.  I would go Runeglaive, either trailblazer or stalkers.  If you are afraid of getting invaded and need to have decent health go with trailblazer to maintain health while clearing.  If not then go with stalker as it synergize with your chase and gank potential post 6.  I have seen some pros go trailblazer and get a sheen as well but not upgrade it.  Once they move into ganking they swap trailblazer for stalker for the small exchange price then upgrade to runeglaive.  Ludian's, Nashors, Zhonyas, and Deathcap are all good items on Diana.  If you need Magic pen I like to go Abyssal scepter as you are already diving and getting close so you will apply the aura easily and it gives you some defensive stats.  For boots I would suggest Sorcerer's boots as you have decent map movement already and the magic pen is helpful for your burst.

So what are Diana's power spikes?  Experience-wise level 6 is probably one of her biggest spikes as she gains the ability to burst her target and chase as well.  Her movement across the map will increase as she can then q camps over walls and jump to them.  At this point ganks will become easier as you can capitalize easier on mispositions and many players don't anticipate Diana's high damage, it has definitely surprised me before.  After level 6 I would shift from a power farming game sense to a more gank-centric play style.  Item-wise getting that sheen proc adds a decent amount burst to your package.  Ludian's will provide a lot of burst damage so if they have squishies on their team look to rush that and dumpster them.  If you need more sustained damage to take out some tankier targets get Nashors.  The attack speed and AP will allow for you to still have some burst but also proc your 3rd auto passive more.

Hope this helps!

Ty for the info Yui.

This is funny, since I got demoted I've been rediscovering champs that I dunno why I stopped playing or I'm playing because they are fun to, champs like Amumu or Mundo Jungle, Draven, Ali, Blitz or Naut supp. And even though I'm not winning all, I can see an improvement (And Mundo jungle is actually fun now with that E)

One of my friends likes to power farm with Diana until level 6 and then lane gank bot lane. I've watched her do this idk how many times and it works every time seeing as bot gives you the greatest chance of success with there being (most likely) two forms of CC assisting. This is at low-mid Plat and it works near 100% of the time. As for the build it's just as everyone has been saying in prior posts. Just remember as soon as you throw out your Q you can immediately R instead of waiting for Q to land and then ulting. More burst quicker giving the enemy less to time to potentially flash out.

Edited by Catsexual