Muhdewsa

Great Resources to Improve Your Game!

Hey guys! So, as I'm sure all of you are aware, I play a LOT of League of Legends and I'm very passionate about the competitive side of things. I'm an ADC/Support main but I'm more than happy to play anything besides top. I've always felt like my game knowledge has been better than my actual mechanics. I spend quite a bit of time watching the LCK (basically the Korean LCS), VoDs of tournaments, and educational videos/articles about LoL. I'm actually planning on starting my own blog series for in-depth analysis of certain aspects about League, the pro scene, picks, lane match ups, stuff like that. BUT UNTIL THEN, I have come across a few things that I would like to share with all you lovely people because I feel like these resources aren't very well known around these parts:

1. /r/SummonerSchool (link) - This is probably the BESTTTT thing I have ever come across. It contains so much information about everything you could ever want and there are a ton of people of all skills that are very helpful. This subreddit has a verification feature where people can link their League of Legends account to their Reddit Username and shows their rank as their flair, so you know that so-and-so is actually in Diamond rather than just going off of their word. It doesn't automatically update if you get promoted/demoted, so if they set up that feature while they were in Platinum 3, but they got demoted back to Platinum 5, they have to manually update it, but it won't be as crazy as someone whose only account is Level 13 saying they're in Master Tier. Either way, topics range from "How to get off tilt", "Why CS is more important than kills", to tutorials on how to do higher level mechanics such as "Offensive Input Buffering" and "Defensive Input Buffering" (which is SO USEFUL OMG I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THIS WAS A THING!!!!!!!). Seriously, check it out.
    • This subreddit also has a chat room on the LoL client, cleverly called "Summoner School" (who woulda thunk it) where you can ask questions and get immediate replies. They also have a TeamSpeak server (link) for real time conversations as well.
    • Another chat room exists called "SS Customs". This contains people from Summoner School that participate in "High vs Low" games, where people who are Platinum+ play against people who are in Gold and below and give real time feedback. This has been helpful even for me while playing on the High team. Everyone is SO NICE!

2. Bodytags (link) - THIS IS THE GUY THAT DID THE INPUT BUFFERING VIDEOS!! His videos are mostly about explaining mechanics and even though he doesn't make a large quantity of videos, they make up in quality!

3. unswlolsoc (link) - Guides on basics and why seemingly unimportant things are actually the most important. I especially enjoy his videos about lane management and trading in lane (especially with auto attacks). It's high quality information that usually goes unrecognized by most players when it's two of the biggest contributing factors to a low rank.

So there are a few resources that I have found that have some of the highest quality information around! If you know of any other YouTubers, people who write great articles, or anything like that, leave a reply with a link to their content! I would like to avoid people who strictly stream just because it's a very large time commitment for maybe not much information or just they're unable to properly give examples of how to do something (ie you can't teach people how to properly counter jungle and keep vision of the enemy jungle when you're losing so badly that you don't even have control/vision of your own jungle, etc). If a streamer makes YouTube videos in addition to streaming, that's fine, just be sure to link their YouTube channel with their stream.

green = If you do not know how to join chat rooms on the LoL client, click on the bubbles button between your friends list and notifications, click the folder that has a + next to it, then type in the title of the chat room in the blank box. You can click the gear icon on the top right of the chat room to make it "Autojoin on Startup"
pink = To get a link on where to download TeamSpeak and a guide on how to set it up, follow this link

Edited by vVv Medusa

Watched a bit of Bodytags over the past couple of days his stuff seems really interesting ! Watching the video about input buffering made me see some mistakes that i was doing its a really interesting mechanic ! I also heard about summonerschool but im not really a big reddit user but something i'll probably look at. Personally when i was starting out i actually used Skill-Capped for a few months and it helped me a fair bit, i don't know if anyone else uses it though :)

There is a new one, replay.gg online watch, you can now pick a game every 48 hours an ask them to convert and post it unlisted on youtube so only you and anyone you send the link to can watch it :D

Same! I love when there are resources posted to help with my game. Especially on the little nuances in the game that lower elo players (like myself) dont really understand or know exist!