vVv Arkaine

Arkaine's Application

Name:

Eric Alexander Pennington

Age (minimum 16):

Augusta, Georgia

XBL Gamertag:

Arkarino

How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site?

I heard about vVv Gaming and their successes in Gears of War. I strived to be around a competitive and friendly organization that shared my compassion that I have for eSports.

Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them?

The mentor, LordJerith. SugarBear, Doomhammer, Bizkit, Medusa, and many others I'm sure that I can't seem to mention off the top of my head. I've known them throughout my time as a Gears of War Manager and Staff here at vVv Gaming.

What do you hope to get out of being a member of vVv Gaming?

It's not about what this organization can do for me it's about what I can do for vVv Gaming.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming?

I enjoy training in Martial Arts and living a healthy lifestyle.

With whom do you spend the most time gaming?

People who share the competitive, "do whatever it takes" mindset.

What game do you plan on spending the most time on? Why?

I spend most of my time on Gears of War. Though it had hit a rather long bump after its drop from the MLG Circuit, it's a game that I believe that has potential in becoming a very popular game amongst the eSport scene.

What other games do you look forward to playing with vVv Members?

I always love to play Guitar Hero and I've actually become an avid PC gamer. I love to play HoTS, ToR, Counterstrike, H1Z1, and many other games.

What three words would you use to describe the type of gamer you are?

Competitive, passionate, dedicated

Do you watch replays and/or pro player streams? How often?

5x a week at least. I always find myself living my nostalgia days as well.

What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have?

I've attended several Local LANs for Guitar Hero and Gears of War. Top 10 placements for all of them.

Have you attended any major tournaments (MLG, UMG, CoD Champs)?

I have attended several MLG events. The atmosphere is amazing.

How often do you participate in online tournaments (UMG Online, GB)?

I participate in online tournaments rather frequently but hardly ever from UMG or GB. They're player hosted tournaments.

What type of organization are you looking to join? What would the ideal environment look like for you?

My ideal organization and environment is a close and supportive organization where we all help one another.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my application. I hope to hear from all of you soon.

Regards,

Arkaine

Welcome back dude. I can't remember if you were a member or not when I applied almost two years ago but I remember the name. What brought you back to vVv besides the obvious (gears)?

Have you had a chance to play Smite on the Xbox yet?

hey man I'm pleased to see people are happy to see you back! i would love to get to know you a little better so add me on XB (freshbr3w) and lets play some time! 

Hey Arkaine, 

First welcome back my friend!! I am Heynous and I will be pretty much walking you through your app process as best I can, and Sugar will pop in here and there and help me. If you ever have any questions or problems please let me know and I will get back to as soon as possible. 

Ok I will give you a run down of what we expect of you as an applicant (I am sure you know this but..). 

1. Activity is KEY!! I will never be able to stress this enough, On the site, in game, and on social media. The more active you are the more you will be able to accomplish here. Make sure to reach out to the other apps and Members also.

2. As of now you represent vVv, so ACT like it. You should be proud to be an app, let people know. You are now held to the high standard of the members. Which means read the five pillars and apply them from now on. 

3. Lastly, we want you to have the best experience possible however, we can only do so much to accomplish this. Your want to be in vVv makes you the future of it so make sure you keep up with and contribute to the future of vVv in whatever way possible.

I will also be popping in and out of here and ask you what may seem like a BUNCH of questions. So I will begin now. 

What made you choose to come back to vVv? 

What is the number one thing you look to gain from being here?

Like I said before enjoy your time here and let me know if you need anything. Feel free to add me on xbox vVv Heynous. Good luck!!

Welcome back & good luck. :P

Thanks Voison glad to be back B)

Welcome back. Looking forward to playing some Guitar Hero: Live together :)

Thanks Jason <3 I can't wait to play Live man.

Welcome back dude. I can't remember if you were a member or not when I applied almost two years ago but I remember the name. What brought you back to vVv besides the obvious (gears)?

Have you had a chance to play Smite on the Xbox yet?

What brought me back to vVv was that I did truly miss the community and that I wanted to give value to something bigger than myself.

Thank you Deadaim and Freshbrew!

I really like how you laid this out. Welcome back as it seems, Im Fadez if you ever want to play or something just let me know. its also cool to see people that love guitar hero, when i was a kid thats all i played at my dads. 

I really like how you laid this out. Welcome back as it seems, Im Fadez if you ever want to play or something just let me know. its also cool to see people that love guitar hero, when i was a kid thats all i played at my dads. 

I appreciate it man and will do

Please refer to my questions. Thank you. 

My bad. Referring back to your two questions, I chose to come back to vVv since I want to be a part of the organization again and be a part of something that's bigger than myself.

Your second question, I'm not really looking to gain anything from the organization. I'm here to represent and help the organization that I love anyway that I can.

You skipped my Smite question!  Have you had a chance to play it on XB1 yet?

And no I haven't yet unfortunately.

My bad. Referring back to your two questions, I chose to come back to vVv since I want to be a part of the organization again and be a part of something that's bigger than myself.

Your second question, I'm not really looking to gain anything from the organization. I'm here to represent and help the organization that I love anyway that I can.

And no I haven't yet unfortunately.

I highly recommend it if you like MOBAs, it is a lot of fun and plays well on console. We have a handful of us that play it currently and we are looking into playing in tourneys soon.

I highly recommend it if you like MOBAs, it is a lot of fun and plays well on console. We have a handful of us that play it currently and we are looking into playing in tourneys soon.

I've been trying to get into MOBAs and it's not happening unfortunately. I'll play HoTS with friends but other than that I have no drive to play it

Arkaine, welcome back.  I have no cheesy shit to say, other than i missed gaming with you.  Now on a side note, get Smite and play with us to try it out.  I never played any MOBA and didn't care too.  ALong with a few others my self included loved playing it after a few games and getting used to it.  It actually takes skill cause you have to aim so its not just strategy you have to have aim.  :)  

Arkaine, welcome back.  I have no cheesy shit to say, other than i missed gaming with you.  Now on a side note, get Smite and play with us to try it out.  I never played any MOBA and didn't care too.  ALong with a few others my self included loved playing it after a few games and getting used to it.  It actually takes skill cause you have to aim so its not just strategy you have to have aim.   :)

Thanks Body I missed you too man and sounds good

So if we do accept your application, how will you add value?

What are your long term goals in life? (2-5 years)?

I'll add value by streaming and representing the organization through competitive Gears of War.

I wouldn't even consider 2-5 years long term at all, but my goals that I hope to achieve in the next 2-5 years is graduating from College and getting my major in Networking.

I'll add value by streaming and representing the organization through competitive Gears of War.

I wouldn't even consider 2-5 years long term at all, but my goals that I hope to achieve in the next 2-5 years is graduating from College and getting my major in Networking.

Its long time for me. :(

You said through competitive Gears of War, what can you do with gears for vVv?

Its long time for me. :(

You said through competitive Gears of War, what can you do with gears for vVv?

I can uphold and manage the Gears of War division for the organization if it's given the grace of being picked up by the organization.

Also, by adding value through streaming, I can promote the organization saying we are always looking for dedicated players in the community.

Edited by Arkaine