Sign in to follow this  
Muhdewsa

What YOU can do to bring players to the LoL ADL!

I just wanted to make a quick post about what everyone can do to participate in bringing people to the ADL!

The ADL Staff determines the quality of the event by:

• If every game was competitive
  • If everyone had a good time
If these two requirements are met, we determine that night of the ADL to be a success. We aren't looking to have the biggest event, we're just looking to have the best quality event.

...BUT some feedback has been coming our way that people have more fun and feel the event is more competitive when there are more people to have for teams, more people to play against, and everyone has a higher skill level.

5Z14E9B.png

Because we want to see you happy and having a good time, here are a few small things everyone can do that would have a huge impact on the ADL's numbers:

• Add awesome people from games you play and invite everyone you know to the event! The BEST way to advertise events and getting new people to show up is by word of mouth! If my super awesome friend I've had for a few months or a really good and nice player from Solo Queue/Normals/ARAMs tells me about an event I should come to because it's awesome, why would I not show up? They can also bring in friends that they were already playing with and can request for them to be on their team!

Just message people about an hour before the event starts so you can....

• Share our official ADL Post to give them all the detailshttp://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/71870-lol-adl-season-6-rules-and-details-thread/ This way, when you're telling your friends about the event, they have all the details right here! Inside this post is a link to download/set up TeamSpeak, who to contact for questions, what time the event starts, information about how the event works, absolutely everything you could need!
  • Make sure to Tweet on Twitter and Share on Facebook! There are buttons at the bottom of this page for easy tweeting/sharing or you can go to our Facebook (and like it if you haven't already) and share from there, or go to our Twitter (and follow!) and RT/Favorite!
Posting on Reddit and getting put onto the Riot Event's Board are a few things that us as Staff can do for you, but are you taking part in everything else with us? It takes effort from everyone (Members, Applicants, Non-Applicant Attendees, AND Staff!) to have the best competitive League of Legends event!

I have been trying to get the word out over the last couple weeks by using my stream title and twitter posts, though not many people come on my stream anymore (I have been at ~460 followers for what feels like forever now). Gonna see if any of my friends list (that is not already in vVv) is on tonight so I can tell them too!

I would be fine with casting it again, if I don't get picked up tonight too. :)

I can't emphasize how important word of mouth recruiting is for growing the event! If everyone brought one new person every week it wouldn't be long before we'd have to limit the size to be able to handle all the participants.

Agreed! We can only bring in so many people that we personally know and only advertise the event so much. If you tell your friends about the ADL, they come, then tell THEIR friends... the cycle will go on and on! Everyone has to put in effort to make this great :}

I don't really even bother with socializing with the majority of anyone on this forum because,
well the last time I did, I was treated absolutely horribly in the Call of Duty Division.

I don't really even bother with socializing with the majority of anyone on this forum because,

well the last time I did, I was treated absolutely horribly in the Call of Duty Division.

Until recently, vVv has been going through a rough spot with some of its members. But I know that vVv LordJerith and other senior members of the site have been working hard on improving the community as a whole. I have not had any bad experiences after coming back to the site over the last month, and I can only see things getting better. I am not, at the moment, very into CoD; so, I cannot say how the CoD forums are at the moment. However, I have nothing but praise for all of the people in the LoL division, and I hope that you might find the community friendly and helpful.

I'll probably get back into CoD when BOPS 3 comes out, and try and get Master rank again :) (or whatever the ranking system is now).

1. Don't you think that's kind of judgemental to say everyone here sucks because of an experience with some CoD members a year ago?

2. This is the LoL forum so I don't even see how that is pertinent to this discusion..

Guest Vishous
On 9/26/2019 at 8:51 AM, zalusny said:

I think the best way to convience new gamers to continue playing is to educate them. For example I was going to drop LoL few days after instalation, because there was so many champions, different strategies and I was... confused. The best way is simply promote guides like How to play top lane in Lol

Not gonna lie, I tried to play LoL a few months back for the first time. New experience. And it was somewhat fun. Bu there was so much confusion that I uninstalled it a few days later. Maybe I should give it another shot