ImBr0ken

New Expansion.

Since from what I got from watching the Expansion Reveal earlier today from gamescom. I took from it that this would most likely be the last Expansion to be released for World of Warcraft. If it's not the last one that's cool too.

But I will be playing this expansion for sure, and I am looking forward to the Demon Hunter class for sure, to bad they didnt come out with Wardens :)

Anyone else looking forward to the next expansion?

Personally it seems blizzard is just getting lazy and running out of ideas. Most of the ideas are either from BC or other MMOs. 

This expansion was actually hinted at at the end of Mists of Pandaria. I think it's a good direction for the game IMO since it addresses a lot of what the community has been asking for a while in that PvE is now completely seperate from PvP and a sense of class identity is back in the game with class halls and artifact weapons for each class/spec. After seeing what Blizzard did with WoD I'm still gonna remain a bit skeptical about whether or not they can deliver, but I can see myself re-subbing to the game to check out all the new shinies :)  

There are a few things that are good (or at least seem to be good for a concept) with this next expansion. 

The Artifact system as presented is a great idea to give longevity that isn't forced behind a daily/weekly wall. Everything the player does will earn power for their weapon that will eventually allow them to unlock small buffs to themselves. This feels like a great way to make incremental progression that isn't (hopefully) game breaking and thus can be done as fast or slow as a person wishes to play. Add on top of that, each specialization has its own weapon and now if you are an alt-o-holic and enjoy playing many different roles, you can decide what you wish to work on and feel as if you always have something to strive for. The downside to the artifact system is now everyone of the same spec now all have the same legendary/fabled weapons and that feels like they lose some of their epicness. 

The revamp to the Honor system making it a talent system is great. Finally we have abilities acting differently in PvP vs PvE and can talent more specifically for each. I am glad they are trying to move away from gear progression in PvP and attempting to make it more about skill. The Prestige system i am kinda indifferent to, however i am sure it will appeal to some players, and it does give a way to add longevity to the new honor system.

Although once again, the fact that they are already done with the previous expansion means a good year or so of no new content. Sadly i cannot support blizzard anymore (and is a major reason i stopped playing prior to WoD releasing) with this nonsense having lived through the same BS for the last 3 expansions already. While they seem to have some very strong game elements for Legion, i just don't want an MMO that i play for 2-3 months then wait around to come back next expansion.

Edited by vVv Blazek