vVv LordJerith

Being Good Internet citizens and An Overdue Apology

Hey everyone,

I wanted to update you on something we have discovered that has effected everyone's ADL experience: our site-wide ban on Reddit.

banned_2.jpg

So, why was vVv Gaming.com banned?
We have been banned for several reasons. I want you to understand why, so that we all become better citizens of the internet. Reasons:

• members/staff actively engaged in vote brigading. It's when a group of people get together to up vote the same thing, be it a single person, or a group of people representing something.  It's just not fair, and hurts what Reddit is all about at it's core. If our events are good or appealing, people will organically upvote the events. Period.
  • Former member, Sundown, who is now IP banned from our site, did two unforgivable things:
    • He basically crossed too many lines in his rage against certain Reddit moderators
    • He used my position at Riot Games to gain clout and attempt to bully Reddit moderators. This was personal. No one should ever do anything like this, ever. Period.

What are we going to do about it?

• We are not going to post Reddit links in the Shoutbox or forums to upvote. Go to Reddit and find the links as anyone would, by your normal Reddit use.
  • We have removed Cam from vVv, and made sure all staff are trained on this
  • C Wide has been working to rebuild our relationship with the moderators.
  • As you already know, if you get caught doing this, expect to be banned
  • use /r/summonerschool and /r/leagueofleglends normally, get involved and be a good Reddit member

Finally, our apology to Reddit:

Were-Sorry.png

I want to apologize to the Reddit moderators and the community for this behavior. It's clear in my absence that a lot of things were not going well, but this topped the cake. Regardless, I'm the owner, and I take full responsibility for this.  vVv Gaming is committed to be good citizens of the internet, particularly Reddit. You have my sincere apology and a sincere pledge to make things right.

I have been away from vVv for a while, and I think I was around when things were getting kinda bad. I think that it is great that you guys are taking on the issues head on, and are taking responsibility for them. It's surprising how rare it is for there to be such a turn around for a whole organization. I'm so glad that I came back to vVv :) Keep up the awesome work!

Jerry,

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for taking time out of your day to sort this out and big thanks to C Wide as well for getting us back to 'good' with reddit.

Jerry,

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for taking time out of your day to sort this out and big thanks to C Wide as well for getting us back to 'good' with reddit.

I know there have been a lot of changes, but we will get where we need to be!

Thanks everyone for understanding. These things are never fun or easy.

Absolutely! Nothing in life that has significance is ever easy. The best that anyone can do is face things head on, and that's exactly what you (and vVv as a whole) are doing. Keep up the great work!

Honestly I am a little shocked by Sundown, I was just reading your post Jerry and I was like "What......the F.....?" 

This is just an example of not being a dbag and taking your competativeness over to things it has no place for. 

Also toxicity isn't needed in any organization you are apart of weither it be vVv Gaming. Or your daily life, this is just a prime example of what a negative picture ends up costing your company, your school, your business etc.

I am glad things are turning around for vVv Gaming. This place is my 2nd home.