vVv LordJerith

vVv Gaming Vision and Direction for 2015-2016

Thanks for taking the time to read my first official update since I've come back. After a lot of conversations with staff, community, sponsors, applicants and alumni, it was time to set a direction for vVv for the next 12 months.  We want to be transparent with everyone, so you can hold me accountable for working toward these goals. This reflects our commitment to help YOU create awesome community experiences.

When I give interviews, I make sure every member knows: "Ask not what vVv can do for you, but what you can do for vVv."  As I stated above, vVv Gaming is YOUR community. Staff is here to help YOU make it awesome.   Once again, this is YOUR community. We're here to help YOU shape, develop and grow vVv.

We've made numerous changes to staff. Here is where we ended up:

stategy-philospophy-banner.jpg

MISSION (for 2015-2016)

"CREATE AWESOME EXPERIENCES FOR COMPETITIVE GAMERS" (for 2015-2016)

GOALS

• have the highest rated organized play events as rated by competitive gamers
  • have the most attended organized play events
    • highest rated is more important than most attended
  • be recognized as one of the best competitive gaming organizations in the world as rated by competitive gamers and our members
  • be known as a talent factory by competitive gamers and sponsors

STRATEGY

• create and run organized play events for competitive gamers
  • sponsor and develop amateur teams to participate in and promote organized play events
  • partner and deliver value to sponsors that create products and services for competitive gamers
  • create and evolve an identity that competitive gamers want
  • create and manage a clear path for competitive gamers who want our identity
  • create and manage an ecosystem that develops competitive gamers and future gaming professionals

EXECUTION AND TACTICS
We now know where this big vVv Gaming ship is headed. We all know the mission. We know the objectives and goals we want to achieve, and we have strategies that tell us how to achieve these goals. This is actually the easy part. Now comes the hard part.

Each of the strategic items above will need executions and tacticsEXECUTIONS are what is done to deliver on or to coordinate a strategyEXECUTIONS are products and services and experiences we deliver to help us execute our strategy that will help us achieve our goals to accomplish our missionTACTICS are actions taken to achieve our strategy.

• For example, the League of Legends Amateur Draft League (LoL ADL) is an EXECUTION (Product/Service) that helps us achieve our strategic objective of “create and run organized play events for competitive gamers.” How we set up the Mumble channels and how we name them are TACTICS.

gallery_8479_653_93948.png

• As a vVv community member or applicant your EXECUTIONS should include:
    1. Recruiting good community members
    2. Engaging with applicants
    3. Supporting vVv on social media (Facebook) (Twitter)
    4. Being active in our forums, shoutbox & Mumble/XBL/ PS4 

I hope this post helps everyone know who is accountable for what, and what we are focused on. I would love and appreciate any feedback, thoughts and/or suggestions. It's YOUR community, we're here to help YOU make it awesome.

Edited by vVv LordJerith

• Being active in our forums, shoutbox & Mumble/XBL/ PS4 
active in our forums, shoutbox & Mumble/XBL/ PS4 

in our forums, shoutbox & Mumble/XBL/ PS4

active in PS4

PS4

​              EXPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!!!!

X6A86yS.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GOALS

• have the highest rated organized play events as rated by competitive gamers
  • have the most attended organized play events
    • highest rated is more important than most attended

STRATEGY

• create and run organized play events for competitive gamers
  • sponsor and develop amateur teams to participate in and promote organized play events
  • partner and deliver value to sponsors that create products and services for competitive gamers
  • create and evolve an identity that competitive gamers want
  • create and manage a clear path for competitive gamers who want our identity
  • create and manage an ecosystem that develops competitive gamers and future gaming professionals

EXECUTION AND TACTICS

So far from the previous ADL to the current ADL's numbers have dropped drastically. The reason for this, which was brought up after contacting previous attendees, was the lack of satisfaction they got in the end game. They were playing for nothing other than to play custom e sport rule gametypes and knowing their stats. (I mean if they want I can whip up an "I'm a Winner Certificate"  sign it, then email the ready to print image so they can frame it) According to the attendees IF we were to incorporate ourselves into the competitive scene then we will need to bring something to the table that helps them along the way. Now we already provide the lobby with dedicated party host, competitive minded players, personal player stats and a very accessible group chat that anyone can join and communicate with one another via ADL skype chat.

So what more can we possibly provide?   

xsospYF.png

For starters, I would look into providing "prizes" for the overall top players in ADL. What sort of prizes? How about Gamebattles or UMG "credits" to be used for those pro points series MLG has or those money tourneys those young hip kids like playing in. If word is out that vVv is giving credits out they will come (haha get it......if you build it, they will come.....ha...). Also what are the possibilities of looking into working with our current sponsors for free "swag" to give out at the end of the season to the top overall performers (by swag I mean stickers, a twitter handle retweet from vVv, a vVv bracelet, ya know something inexpensive) I can see how it may seem like something we can do without but trust me competitive players will swarm to win free items. This actually will benefit not only vVv but we can promote our partners!  act now and members can recruit the talent coming to these ADL's for just one super low payment of $19.99 + sh/ha.

I am more than willing to purchase products in the mean time until we have enough traffic coming in. I mean come on $10- $30 a month is nothing to me 

2sk4ptG.png

(that's floyd mayweather btw he gots money)

ps. make this video official I will not stop pushing for this

[/media/]

******   I need to get back to work so i'll finish/edit my post with more later

kk thnx :creeper:

Edited by vVv Papabear

@vVv Papbear: Mumble/XBL/PS4 = whichever is appropriate for the games you play

The CoD ADL will have prizes, I've already approved that. We will do that next season, and you donation is accepted and appreciated.

Look forward to hearing more.

Id donate a little to it as well.

This is my 1,000 post.  FTW, *i have no cool mic tyson picture to put here *  :(

i think when the stream gets going (starting tonight) we will definitely need to get sponsor reels in there, for things like vulcan and steel series and such. 

i've worked with pretzl a little bit on how we can do graphics for them. 

i could see the credit idea working. it deters just the everyday player though. it means we would get less casuals in the lobbies. which can be good or bad depending what you believe ADL is for 

Edited by Taylor Hiatt

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name