Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Tool I Made - Shitlist

So I get into random programming moods, and my latest thing has been web applications (simply because I son't know as much as I'd like about them).

Over the weekend I made a tool you basically track every player you have ever played with and you can leave comments for those players.  It takes current game info and other stats from the Riot API, displays it, and allows you to write a comment for those players.  

If you ever play a game with those players again, it will notify you and display the information that was recorded from any previous time you have played with them.  Pretty simple, right?

So, right now I have it completed, but only for very specific things (only NA, only my API key, only one database for comments)

If I were to build this up further, is it something people would enjoy testing?

Here is some screenshots, mind you, it is VERY basic and really doesn't contain anything that is not too hard to make.

http://imgur.com/jFkUD3S,Ok3WYwh

(There are two pictures in there)

Edited by vVv Spike

I wouldn't use a program that's only useful for recording negative experiences and reminding me of them every time I play lol

Right, I think that thought comes from the name ... although this was the original idea, I actually made it so it records scores, champions played, etc.  So it isn't really only for the negative experiences.  I got this idea from SC2Gears (I think thats what it was called) if you remember that.  I added a thing where you pretty much just copy your entire champion select text and paste it in.  It will parse for usernames.  So lets say you do this and a comment you left was "Fucking amazing rumble top", and dat motherfucker wants to play rumble top although he is last pick.  You may be more inclined to let the man pick it.  

That was sort of the idea behind it anyways.

EDIT:  I didn't really make it be a "shit list" (after I started actually making it), more of a "Track everyone you have played with".  Kind of a bad name

Edited by vVv Spike

Okay, that's just not what you described in your post. I'd definitely change the name to something like "Soloqueue Helper" or something. I don't know if I'd use it personally but I think in higher elos where you run into the same people it would definitely have some value.

Okay, that's just not what you described in your post. I'd definitely change the name to something like "Soloqueue Helper" or something. I don't know if I'd use it personally but I think in higher elos where you run into the same people it would definitely have some value.

You'd be surprised (especially in ranked).  I had a problem before that used a database, built up ~500 names, got into games with someone I played against maybe 1/10 times (only out of 50 games or so).  This was ~gold 2

Edited by vVv Spike

This actually reminds me of a piece of software that i used to use when i played poker professionally called holdem manager (there was also poker tracker but i think they've now merged) which recorded automatically different play styles of players you come up against and also noted different hands and and how they played them giving you the chance to exploit weaknesses.. think this would be a cool idea for league as i've probably played against a few people a few times before and would be useful to know their play styles etc. Also could be a good tool for getting you used to looking for flaws in game and being able to capitalize imo

This actually reminds me of a piece of software that i used to use when i played poker professionally called holdem manager (there was also poker tracker but i think they've now merged) which recorded automatically different play styles of players you come up against and also noted different hands and and how they played them giving you the chance to exploit weaknesses.. think this would be a cool idea for league as i've probably played against a few people a few times before and would be useful to know their play styles etc. Also could be a good tool for getting you used to looking for flaws in game and being able to capitalize imo

Yah man, that's the idea!  A lot of games have these, the most I remember is a tool called SC2 gears that I used for Starcraft II a few years back.  I wouldn't really find something like it, os I decided to make something similar!

SC2 gears was more for tracking your own performance though.

The part I used it mostly for was seeing other players.  For instance, (mind you this is off of memory), I remember looking at someone that rekt me in a very short time, so I know they liked to cheese so I would pre-defend myself for it.  I would be completely wrong, but as I remember thats what I used it for ... it was an amazing tool and had a lot of different purposes.  I kind of wanted to bring a little of that into League