FireWater

Anyone interested in a HotS ADL?

Hey all,

With HotS being released on June 2nd, I was wondering if anyone was interested in participating and/or running an ADL for HotS.

So what do you all think?

Yeah I agree with SB at this point. I think we could definitely get to this point but we need to hit the recruiting trail hard to pull some more people into the community first. I think once the game gets going it's reasonable to think we could get an ADL going. Right now it seems like we have a solid base of people involved but we need to get the numbers up first.

We should get the word out about the vVv Community and HotS community. I think there is a strong base of players already in place but if we ever want vVv to truly support HotS and perhaps create a HotS division we need more committed people. Do you guys think some sort of thread on the HotS forums would be worth it? I'm not an expert on this stuff either haha. But I think it's definitely something that could be achieved.

For the HotS division, I can say two things we need for sure:

1. Someone to be accountable for getting this going. Accountable doesn't mean we're looking for a scapegoat when things go wrong, it just means you're going to treat putting the division together as serious as if it were your real job. We can't have people making excuses for why things didn't work, we need them focused on identifying the problems and finding solutions. And we need people who won't wait around for someone else to fix things, but feel a sense of responsibility for the entire project and making sure it is run well.

2. When we are bringing in people, in the past we've said we are looking for a group of 20 solid members before starting a division. Really this put too much emphasis on just collecting random people and has led to a lot of problems (i.e. Smite division) or just didn't work generally (i.e. DotA2). When we are looking to build a division, we need to be bringing in people who want to help build the actual division and feel like they are a part of vVv (not us and them). People who want to hang out and play games all the time without contributing to recruitment, building up our forums presence and social media presence, helping us run ADLs, and generally doing awesome things just don't add enough to vVv to spend time managing. Not that it shouldn't be fun to be here, or that people shouldn't play games together, but people generally should feel a part of the larger organization and want to help us be successful.

so in building a hots division, should I make a post on Reddit explaining what vVv Gaming is and what are goals are etc?

We seem to have a decent crew playing right now, I would love to get some 5s going.  Hero League is so great because you don't need a set team.