vVv B1zkit

A new better place for INTEGRATED vVv members

Hey guys I wanted to express a few ideas to ALL vVv members to help better integrate us a community and not only as separate divisions that sort of seem like sub communities:

1) Community Integration:

• Late night after the ADL's during the seasons, and earlier in the night during off seasons, we get members and apps together across all the community and play with or compete against each other across many games:
    • Community plays LoL together one night.
    • Community plays CoD together one night.
    • Play other online games like cards against humanity etc promoting an atmosphere that enables us to laugh together and have fun together allowing us to open up to each other and really get to know everyone on a better personal level.
    • Division vs division events (I really like this and was inspired by LordJerith on this when he said it would be interesting to see our CoD team vs our CS:GO team.

2) Membership Experiences:

• Giving true recognition to the members we all agree are of true quality and us showing the world the types of members we want in vVv that gives us our exclusivity and competitive edge as a dominant community.
    • Return of Community spotlights for members and apps???
    • Utilizing the member only forum to do the following:
      • Giving feedback on each other as members
      • threads geared towards member involvement with each other
      • Sharing cool back stories about each other as members that we can ALSO share to all of vVv and show them our reasons for being here and what we hope to accomplish. Let's share the stories we write for ourselves to the MASSES and show why we are proud of the V's we wear!!
      • Exploring ideas on giving feedback on applicants and of different divisions too. (ALWAYS be VERY transparent and give any and all feedback DIRECTLY to the app on their application and to them.) Do NOT give feedback here, explore ideas here.

That's all i have for now and open to more suggestions we all talk more and more :) I hope to create a better experience in the membership thread than in the past!

Possibility of PC players not owning Xbox one cuz pc master race. If we do cod vs cs team match I feel like it would have to be best of 7 to give time for learning the game a bit. Don't want to broadcast stomps.

I tried bringing back feedback thread, but was told that feedback should be given directly to the applicant.

Overall: peanut butter

Lol feedback is absolutely right should only be on the app. They need and deserve to know.

For all the games we can take polls and see percentages that own one and even of its 3-5 people, that's 3-5 extra members we get to know Like tip bajito who just switched from Lol to CoD

Are we just creating work for ourselves? If someone is interested in CoD won't they go play it?

I feel like one of the biggest things missing from the CoD section is a list of everyone's gamer tags so that new people can add them and start playing right away.

Are we just creating work for ourselves? If someone is interested in CoD won't they go play it?

I feel like one of the biggest things missing from the CoD section is a list of everyone's gamer tags so that new people can add them and start playing right away.

Can someone add those tags?  Shouldn't every member of vVv have a GT that is like vVv LordJerith, and shouldn't their GT match their forum name?

Members list update, add tags and usernames next to their names. Yellow for league, green or cod division color for Xbox, cs go division color for steam.

^^^^^^^^^

Also all apps gamer tags is in their application, same for summoners names in LoL.

And it isn't creating more "work", its creating a better experience. If creating a better integrated experience is what the community wants, they will put in the time and effort to try it out right?

Yeah but if we really want a better experience, finding all the member IDs in one place is better than hunting through apps, some of which were closed years ago for games that have long since died.

And what does integrating look like? What exactly are we doing that results in integration?

It was first noticed when CoD created the skype that the following happened:

1) Forum activity dropped immensely.

2) Shout box dead for hours to a whole day at a time in some cases.

3) Apps hardly checked their apps (before you took on applicant experience.)

4) Anyone like even sponsors came to the site would not be able to see probably some of the more awesome conversations we had that could've been viable and looked appealing to visitors of our website. The community aspect of the forums was dying. The "meat" of our model was starting to look non-existent.

Somewhat similar to LoL Everything that was talked about was mainly on mumble which is still good that is our server but can also be talked about on forums and shoutbox etc.

What my thought on how it should be is that we NEED to be:

• Getting members back on the forums more often.
  • One of the core pieces of being an applicant is understanding our history and becoming integrated in our competitive community motto, knowing our sponsors, etc and ALL of that is found on the forums, our website all in one place.
  • One of the core pieces of being a member is being this PROUD "ambassador" of vVv that we know everything that vVv has to offer and can proudly know it and say it to all of eSports and have a passion in supporting our community model, wanting more people to come to our site to get to know everyone, to get the best competitive edge in eSports sticking true to the facts that lots of pro's got their start here. That comes with members being integrated together, sharing success stories, sharing goals they began to achieve through vVv whether it be in gaming or real life, that all is to be seen and shared on the forums. Not to attract them to vVv to just have them sit in a mumble chat all day or a skype chat all day and not really taking advantage of what the forums has to offer and the amount of help and people that are there even if in a different division.

As for what we are doing currently:

• With help of jerry and the AMA's we successfully increased activity on the forums and shoutbox from CoD's end.
  • CoD people actually getting on mumble and b easy even takin git upon himself along with pretzl, boever and others to go into LoL channels and inviting them to play games with them and they did!
  • You on applicant experience consistently building connections with apps attracting them more often to the site and feeling better and more confident on learning what vVv is. Its been a while since i seen applicant take it upon themselves to quote the 5 pillars without a member or staff member asking them and it feels amazing that they are doing it now.
  • Im sure there are other things that im not noticing but we have some leverage to continue the integration. I want to do some of the things i listed and give recognition to those who try and show everyone that they can be a model member as well.

And yes i agree on the first part putting all their ID's in one place but i was saying that its all their in their apps that we can pull it from and put it in one place as oppose to having to ask them etc. We will just upkeep with it as we get more people and lose people etc

Possibility of PC players not owning Xbox one cuz pc master race.

Or because the Xbone is terrible and the PS4 is a better choice.

although I love the idea, we already tried a "community night" to try to get community members from each division to play different games together not long ago. Needless to say it crashed and burned horribly and only the person in charge of the event was showing up because everyone else would rather play the game for the division they are in regardless. I think we should look elsewhere to try to get more activity between divisions if that is your goal.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name