Sign in to follow this  
Sun Down

Ekko's confirmed kit

Wonder how he interacts vs champs like leblanc who would normally be able to burst a champ like him.

He seems like he brings tools to both lane and jungle but doesnt really excel at either until itemized. His E for instance is an excellent ganking tool when combo'd with W but his lack of sustain means jungling is probably a bit hard

Its interesting that they have a clone follow you around all the time to help with your ultimate. I think I'd prefer that not to be there, to make him a little higher skill cap. Overall he seems a little boring, all his skills are fairly unoriginal.

Just checked the specifics on his skills, and he's definitely AP-based (everything that deals damage states magic damage).

With that said, I'm wondering if Wit's End will wind up being a possible buy on him (maybe as a 4th-5th item?)...thinking other possible items outside the standard AP ones could be Nashor's and Tri Force maybe?

Coolest design of a kit I've seen in awhile. Can't say how strong he will be but the mobility creep sure is moving fast on this one (haha). Imagine an Ekko/Ezreal Midlane/ADC combo, the chase and mobility would be insane.

Go to Dragon Pit with blue/red buffs, Begin your TP, Open shop, buy what you need to solo dragon, Press R, Do Dragon.

There's probably gonna be a distance cap on it, knowing Rito. It'd be cool though if it was exactly like Weaver's ult though, that would make me Kreygasm.

Nashor's, Wits End, and Trinity Force would be my core build on him.  This allows you to get full optimization of your autos while giving you the AP for his ratios.  I'd probably go Ludans next, not sure what I'd finish out on but probably Zhonyas since he gets in so close he can pop that to survive till cooldowns.  Also not sure what boots to go.

Nashor's, Wits End, and Trinity Force would be my core build on him.  This allows you to get full optimization of your autos while giving you the AP for his ratios.  I'd probably go Ludans next, not sure what I'd finish out on but probably Zhonyas since he gets in so close he can pop that to survive till cooldowns.  Also not sure what boots to go.

Given the delay on his ult I imagine Zhonya's would be pretty nice for mid-late game team fights.

Why Trinity force over lick bane?

Given the delay on his ult I imagine Zhonya's would be pretty nice for mid-late game team fights.

Why Trinity force over lick bane?

I like the kite it provides, it's how I imagine I'd play him, probably top.  I could see Lich being a good mid item and run him like a kass, a burst ap assassin.

I like the kite it provides, it's how I imagine I'd play him, probably top.  I could see Lich being a good mid item and run him like a kass, a burst ap assassin.

If you're ok with losing the 3% ms difference in movement speed between Lich and TF then i think Lich might be better for you damage wise. Nashors and Wits aren't contributing to TF's damage where as at least Nashors provides a benefit to Lich Bane's proc. Not to mention the 700 gold difference between the two items

Edited by Schauer

I feel like he's just going to get build like any other ap burst Mage right now. Probably an emphasis on cdr and magic men to deal with the meta instead of building Attack speed and on hit items .

Magic men.... good job phone.

I like men, men are good, especially magic men ;)

And yeah, chances are people will tend to build him down the bursty AP mage path, but I think it'd be really cool to see what people decide to do with him. I'm still planning on testing out Nashor's Tooth/Lich Bane combo on him though~

Edit: And I still want to try out Wit's End on him, even if it winds up not being the most efficient item build, still worth trying it out :)

Edited by vVv Daviepants

I think on hit has never been favorable because there's no really useful stats on Wit's End. If you compare it to Black CLeaver it's a really poorly designed item and the only champion who you'd really buy it on is Nautilus as like a fourth or fifth item.

Was watching Nightblue play him. He recommends Morello's and Lich Bane and Abyssal if you're going full AP, Cinderhulk, Abyssal, Righteous Glory and a couple other items if you wanna go tank top Ekko (apparently it's a thing). He also says Ludin's Echo isn't really that great on him.

I like his kit so very much! He is gonna be really fun to play for sure. But really annoying for everyone else involved. I think his numbers on pbe right now are a little high. Perma ban new champ incoming.

There's probably gonna be a distance cap on it, knowing Rito. It'd be cool though if it was exactly like Weaver's ult though, that would make me Kreygasm.

no distance cap confirmed by riot. as long as you can buy in less than 4s you can use it to get to drake/lane. and his ap ratios are pretty big rn will probably get nerfed a little but his ult can do around 1200 burst dmg alone

I mean there isn't a distance cap on Rek'Sai's ult, so long as a tunnel exists on the map, granted Ekko's ult can do damage to anything in the radius of his ult (could you imagine a well timed ult back to dragon pit for a dragon steal...*drools*).

Also, I was thinking about it this weekend, and how viable do you think Muramana would be on Ekko if paired up with a RoA? I know most players on the PBE have been just going full AP damage items due to his high burst ability, but I think the early Tear would help with mana issues and the RoA would provide a bit of tankiness.

A full build would be something like (in no particular build order):

- Rod of Ages

- Muramana

- Lich Bane

- Nashor's Tooth

- Abyssal Scepter

- Sorcerer Boots

Just trying to think a bit outside the box than the standard AP burst build that most AP assassins/mages tend to build :3

If you build RoA and a tear item you will be completely irrelevant until at least 25 minutes, and even then you will probably lose so much CS from being useless in lane that you won't be able to do anything worthwhile to affect the game.

Unless his ratios and base damage are just so out of tune that he doesn't need any AP items to be competitive in lane, in which case NERF RIOT PLZ