Sign in to follow this  
xArrow

Arrow's Application

Since Arrow is approaching 1 month on his app I wanted to pop in to say he's been doing amazing IMO as an applicant. He's been to almost every ADL, he's participating in community teams, I see him on literally every day to play with people (mainly duo with Sunny and fail horribly, but that's besides the point ;) ) and I've noticed he has awesome forum activity in helping people asking questions and even in playing other vVv supported games such as Smite. Overall I think he's doing pretty awesome and should be looked at to get his interview soon.

However.....AncientGolem.jpg

In order to progress with your application further, I'd like to see what some of the other members and applicants think about you. Over the next couple weeks I'd like you to reach out to our members and applicants and get them to post feedback on your application. You can refer them to this guide I created on how to deliver effective feedback. If you need further examples you can refer to these couple posts I made giving feedback to applicants. Good luck and I hope you get some useful input!

So Arrow promised to serenade me and has yet to fulfill that promise, so I've upped the ante and now he has to do it naked ;)

On a serious note, having been in contact with Arrow from the beginning of his time here at vVv (originally an Adopt-A-Noob student), he's really opened up to a lot of the members here, and while originally being a quiet person, has been able to come out of his shell and show us his competitive, but also realxed & upbeat, personality. It's been really cool to see the improvements he's made in League of Legends from when he first came to vVv inquiring about AAN to present day where he's in a community-formed ranked 5s team with other vVv members. 

I believe he has provided constructive feedback to our staff pertaining to events they have created for the community (like the ADL), as well as making the community positively grow in general; this is also something I see him doing in the future without hesitation, which shows that he cares about making this community better. 

I definitely look forward to seeing him get his Vs in the future and have no doubt that he will welcome all newcomers to vVv with open arms ^_^

PS: Ban Ezreal when you play against him :P

I saw this and had to post on it. I think he deserves his V's very much. I agree with everything Davie has said and wanted to add a few more.

I have yet to see him rage and if he does get upset he doesn't ever take it out on anyone else which is huge in league. You can tell he really wants to improve and he has a passion for League and vVv gaming. I agree with Davie about him coming out of his shell. He used to be really quiet but, now you can't get him to shut up. ;) jk 

On a more serious note I feel like he would be a great asset to vVv gaming and I really hope he does get his V's.

PS: wait till you see his Jinx play Davie :P

Edited by vVv jiggy

I don't know why Arrow hasn't already been accepted into vVv. He is one of the most active applicants on the mumble server, on the forums, in his app and also in game. He provides a solid amount of leadership when needed in game and is a hell of an ADC to peel for. Most of our coordinated team strategies usually just devolve down to everyone peeling for Arrow and those seem to be the games we win most often. He found vVv by coming to the Adopt a noob and then formed a friendship (dickhead) with me his first coach. We duo, play norms, I will almost always draft him in the ADL and he is an extremely versatile player who can basically do everything but jungle well. I would like to see him progress in his communication with his laning partner in bot, as I feel he can be a bit quite when he needs to speak up, though we don't seem to have that issue when I support for him. Overall, I would posit that Arrow adds more value than about 1/3-1/2 of the current league community in terms of these overall aspects, and he is only striving to be a better member of the community. Seriously, who else's app looks like this? This shit should be pinned as the goddamn model for how to interact with the community and members, and realistically shouldn't be held off accepting in my opinion.

:thanks:

Edited by vVv Sun Down

Played with this guy in the ADL today. Pretty awesome guy. Stayed focused in tense moments, and never whined and complained. +1 from me!

Although your mic wasn't working tonight, it was great to see you on for the AMA! 

It sounds like you've been playing with and around vVv for a while now, which is awesome. Any tips for an aspiring Silver ADC? :rob:

Find your favorite ADC! Learn how to cs perfectly with that person in lane. I cannot stress cs enough I am sure everyone knows but it really does win games. I think a great laning phase wins most games in soloq for sure. I find that most people have a really weak laning phase and give the lane up early. You literally need to rush level 2 every single game, giving up that advantage is basically giving up the lane for free. 

#ASHEISOP

Also keep in mind you are ADC, all the kills and all the farm is yours. No one elses!

the tax master wants a word from you.

Very good player, but you will be required to change your name when you join vVv that isn't arrow related due to to many fucking people with the name arrow.