vVv LordJerith

The Review that has made me decide to give ESO a chance

So, I watched this review:

It really got me interested in the game, which has clearly gone through a lot of changes since the beta I so disliked.  Jordan, Nick, and I have decided after looking at a lot of MMO options (WoW, FFXIV, etc) to give this a chance. The above review really sold us.

Right now, the best way to purchase the game is to go to Green Man Gaming and sign in. Then, click on the green VIP section, and scroll down and you should see the standard version for $46.79 (you can upgrade the version using the in-game store to the imperial edition).

I do recommend once purchasing the standard game using the above link to upgrade to Imperial Edition  and purchasing the starter pack (both in the in-game store), but those are not required. Just good to

1. Get the mount early, as they are pricey and need to be leveled (time and gold)
  2. Have the option to play any race in any faction.

I like the fact there is

• no subscription (optional, but only minor cosmetic advantages)
  • real moral choices
  • completely voice-acted
  • players reporting they actually care about questing, and questing actually effects story line
  • tense, objective base PvP

So, we're diving in. We have created a Mumble channel. There is only one North American megaserver, so no need to choose a server.
vVv will play on the PC, and we chose the faction
Daggerfall Covenant (this is the far left faction with Breton, Orcs and Redguards). 
We chose this faction because the ESO community is looking for good guilds to help build this faction. Seems like a good place for vVv to play to avoid being in a zerg, and having no que times.

Definitely thinking about getting this as I like MMO's and love Bethesda games. Plus, if all you OG vVv guys are gonna be playing I might have to join haha.

Definitely thinking about getting this as I like MMO's and love Bethesda games. Plus, if all you OG vVv guys are gonna be playing I might have to join haha.

Yea, come join us. It'll be good to catch up. GFX and interface are gorgeous so far.

Bought and played it at launch, i remember i loved the crafting system and combat wasn't terrible however i was unfortunately disappointed by the PvP and the PvE got pretty bland after awhile. But that was a year ago and if Jerry is willing to give it a go when he disliked the game originally i should at least give the game another look. (luckily i already own it so it at least wouldn't cost me anything to get back in). I'll go ahead and watch the review when i have some time and possibly re-install this week (although that generally means i will >.>)

Bought and played it at launch, i remember i loved the crafting system and combat wasn't terrible however i was unfortunately disappointed by the PvP and the PvE got pretty bland after awhile. But that was a year ago and if Jerry is willing to give it a go when he disliked the game originally i should at least give the game another look. (luckily i already own it so it at least wouldn't cost me anything to get back in). I'll go ahead and watch the review when i have some time and possibly re-install this week (although that generally means i will >.>)

Awesome!  We have a mumble channel, so hop in.

Paycheck was more than I expected, got it! Can't afford the adventurer's pack though. I'm sure my character needs the exercise!

It's only $46.79 :-)

I'm lucky if I get $230 every 2 weeks /:

Been looking for a new game since Archeage seems to have flopped :( also waiting for the GW2 expansion.  Got pretty bored with gaming and have not played anything in over a month *sigh* time to change that.

Been looking for a new game since Archeage seems to have flopped :( also waiting for the GW2 expansion.  Got pretty bored with gaming and have not played anything in over a month *sigh* time to change that.

You should watch that video in the OP, Game is really gorgeous.

If I wasn't still being an MMO nerd coupled with my schooling (fuck 400 level stat classes btw), work, and hitting the gym everyday I would absolutely come back to this game.  But alas.....maybe one day..

i am honestly intrigued, but i heard alot of bad stuff about this game...

edit... went for the yolo approach going to give it a whirl.

Edited by Stormie