Sign in to follow this  
Ahryse

LoL Community Team Initiative

I’m happy to announce our new team program!

Before I get into the details, please note that all participation including team creation is all voluntary! We will not be assigning anyone to a team and no one will be forced into a team they do not wish to take part in.

The goal for this program to facilitate an environment in which community teams can form, grow and compete.

The actual events will take place Wednesday nights at 9pm EST / 6pm PST and Saturday nights at 7pm EST / 4pm PST. The first event will be Saturday, February 28.

Do you have interest in being a captain, shotcaller and/or coach? Respond to this post definitively saying so.

The Nitty Gritty

1. All interested persons need to attend one of two team events per week. If you can make both, that’s highly preferable, but you need to attend at least one.
  2. After 4 weeks, players will be evaluated based on attendance.
  3. Players who score 4 or above will be considered consistent players and be available to picked for a community team. These players may continue attending the event if desired but are not required to.
  4. Players who score below 4 will be considered inconsistent players and will not be available to be picked for a community team. These players will need to continue to attend events for the chance to be considered consistent.
  5. Team creation is an ongoing process - this means that if someone joins into our competitive nights at a later date they may do so and still be a captain or join a team.

Events Will Run As Follows

1. Based on number of players, events will either be “competitive draft-houses”, ranked 5s or both.
  2. Please note that in the event of competitive draft-houses, this will be considered a competitive event. This means all players are expected to play to the best of their ability. Don’t hold back!
  3. In the event of competitive draft-houses or both, players will be drafted much in the same way ADL is currently conducted with one major difference. 
  4. Captains are not decided by ELO. Those players who have expressed interest in this post in being team captains, will be in that role.
  5. In the event there are more captains than potential teams, captains will be chosen at random. The following night, those captains who were not able to play in that role, will be able to do so.
  6. Each team will play 2 games each night.

Team Creation Process

1. After the initial 4 weeks, captains will be able to permanently draft players from the consistent pool. 
  2. Captains will approach players and ask them to join their community team. Again, when a player is asked, agreeing or disagreeing is completely up to that player.
  3. Total team size can be no more than 8 players. 5 players with 3 subs.
  4. Captains may ask other players to be coaches or analysts.
  5. Players can only be on one community team. However, you can be a sub for one other team.

Yay I have a team! Now what?

1. We will have our own scrim schedule and season for community teams. At the end of the season, the top team(s) will get bragging rights. Among potential other things (TBD).
  2. Additionally, we will encourage our teams to participate in ranked and other tournaments.
  3. As a community, we are your support system. [And your own personal cheerleading squad.] /wavespompoms

All participating players, captains, coaches, shotcallers, attendance records, current community teams and player availability will be located here.

Please respond here if you are interested in participating, being a captain/shotcaller/coach or have any questions!
Edited by vVv Ahryse

I will be available to play on Saturday but Wednesdays is questionable and I am interested depending on the rank of the teammates; I just can't stand supporting for a bronze ADC like Silver is fine but bronze is just infuriating sometimes; other times I'm just like "Wow, I'm not even mad! I'm impressed!".

Edited by Quackas

Really want to join this but I'm unsure of availability. I know I can make it to this Saturday's. Depending on how things go I might be available for the other days too, it's just I don't know how my schedule is gonna pan out.

I will be available to play on Saturday but Wednesdays is questionable and I am interested depending on the rank of the teammates; I just can't stand supporting for a bronze ADC like Silver is fine but bronze is just infuriating sometimes; other times I'm just like "Wow, I'm not even mad! I'm impressed!".

What about a Brilver one?