vVv DarkDante

F2P Players

As others have said you cannot own a house or any private land unless you are a patron. You can gain Patron status via a monthy fee (real money) or with ingame gold by buying a specific item from other players (which they buy for real money). If you are looking to farm you still can do this with public farms, which will secure your crops/animals for a limited amount of time. (public farms are somewhat limited as they can only grow specific things in each zone).

Are f2p players able to help work on other Guilde members farms in games?

If i remember correctly, yes. They have to give you permission in game first but i do know a player can allow others to use their farm.

If you are starting as F2P and you have issues with public farming, you could always just save your gilda for a boat. Considering how many it takes to get a galleon (250 stars) it will take a while to get there which should grant you ample time to grow trees and cotton publicly. If at all possible, I highly recommend having Patron for atleast a few months just so you can actually have some labor to spend. Without the ability to gain afk labor, you will be dead in the water a lot.

Ended up buying the Silver Founders Friday evening, but was unable play due to personal conflicts, server outages and queue times.

Still worth it IMO, but yeah launches usually suck. It also doesn't help that they were DDOS'd during headstart...