Sign in to follow this  
vVv RobZ

Star Citizen - Gamescom Presentation

Last week at Gamescom, Cloud Imperium Industries revealed some new information and features on Star Citizen. Check out the full report on incgamers.com, or watch the full presentation in the video below:

TLDR:

• Introduction of RSI Constellation variants - Taurus is the largest cargo hold, with the Andromeda being the base ship
  • Changes to Hangar, launched in 0.9 with Area Commander mode. Every hangar will be made byu fictional manufacturers, each with their own distinct design
  • Private Matches using Friend Codes and Improved Audio also in the Arena Commander mode - set to be available around Aug 27th
  • Six weeks out from the Commander mode is the full lobby system with leaderboards for Organizations and Pilots
  • New game modes teased including Vanduul Swarm (co-op) and a new race mode called Murray Cup
  • In the future, there will be multi-ship crew combat and FPS?! There will be more info revealed for this at PAX Austrailia

There is no doubt that Star Citizen is pushing the boundaries of PC Gaming and is shaping up to be one of the most ambitious projects ever underaken.

A very good presentation by Chris and the whole CIG team. They are making some serious progress and they are showing us exactly how and when they do it. At the pace that they are doing things, I doubt it will be very long until Arena Commander v2.0 is launched and we can finally fly our Constellations! Also, sorry that I haven't been posting on here. I've been working 50 hours a week and I am totally worn out by the time I get home. See you around the 'verse!