Sign in to follow this  
Alki

Why you should play Star Citizen and why I play it!

Hello Everyone,

For those that don’t know me, I am vVv Alki and I am a huge fan of Star Citizen.  Since vVv has opened a forum section for the game, I wanted to first and foremost introduce myself and express my fascination for the game!  To start it off, I would like to talk about some of the good things that Star Citizen has to offer, so keep on reading and find out why you should be playing!

I’ve been following star citizen since late 2012 and so far I have more than liked what I saw.  The game is designed by Chris Roberts and Cloud Imperium Gaming company and the most amazing part about it is that it is open development!  That means we get to see everything they do, we get to learn about every decision that they make and why they made it.  If you are looking to get into game development, following this game will teach you a lot as the developers are telling you pretty much everything!  The reason behind why they are doing it this way is because the game is actually funded by the community.  Yep I wrote community and it is not a mistake.  The community has raised over $48 Million over the past couple of years and the number is still growing!  I don’t know about you, but that is some dedicated community if you ask me, can you just imagine how awesome it is going to be play the game with gamers that are this dedicated?

So what is the game about?  Star Citizen has a very broad spectrum of things that you can do. Just about anything that you can do in real life (If we could travel space of course), you can do in the game. If you want to be a trucker that moves cargo around the galaxy, then you can do that. If you want to be a bounty hunter, there is a chance for you to do that too (I mean who doesn’t want to be a bounty hunter?). Star Citizen has many things that you can do alone, but it also has many things that you can do as a group. There is going to be a full storyline called ,"Squadron 42".  This is going to be a story about your character joining the UEE Milllitary (United Earths Empire).  There is also going to be a game mode where you can just dogfight other players.  Also, everything that a player does in the Persistent Universe (Main Server) will affect the game in some way. For example, if you discover a large amount of iron on a distant planet, the economy will adjust accordingly, just like the economy does in real life.  This promises for a more balanced economy.

Additionally there is going to be a lot of strategic thinking involved with this game. Every player can impact the game and everything that you do can change how you perform in the game. For example, if you lose a fight and your ship gets blown up while you are ejecting, you will wake up in a hospital room and some of your limbs will be missing. Your characters body can only take so much. After you have been beaten and bloodied so bad that you barely have any limbs left, your player will die. But you won’t just get a message saying," Game Over!". You will appear at your characters funeral as the heir to your previous characters items. That system for the death of a character is just amazing. Your characters life has real value, and that was a big part of me wanting to play Star Citizen.  In closing I would like to give you guys a list of some of the amazing features that this game will offer.  Feel free to comment below with any questions you may have or if you think I have missed something important.  I look forward to playing Star Citizen with you all!

Features include:

One time payment (No more pesky subscriptions!)
Ship Customization
Endless Universe expansion (the map never ends!!!)
Dogfights involving 100+ players!
Physics (Star citizen will feature and accurate newtonian physics engine)
Graphics based off of Cry Engine 3
Space ships designed by the community
Dynamic and player driven economy
Funding goals (More things added for every 1 million dollars raised!)
Modding support for private multiplayer servers

Over and Out.

vVv Alki

When my friend first told me about Star Citizen, I drifted in and out of the conversation, but then he ended it with "oh yeah its made by the same people that created freelancer"
My eyes lit up and I said I was in lol

Actually ended up getting the Oculus as a bday gift and been playing elite dangerous on it, waiting for full support on star citizen.

Edited by vVv OLlama

SC is going to be amazing! I have a Hope class Endeavor and a Constellation Aquila as well as a couple other smaller ships. If anyone wants to really put it down in this game I have a few guys with me and we could use a few more. :) Hit me up

all of the possibilities a trading/commerce business by day, pirates by night? information traders by day selling to the highest bidder making enemies at the same rate of allies? Sell ships/guns then steal them back. Honestly the entreprenuer in me is going to go insane with all of the possibilities. i sincerely hope the devs stick their promise to the community, which i think they will.

The game certainly looks great and im in total support of what the developers are trying to accomplish; however I am in the same boat as Pherz. I want to play it, however i am going to wait to see how it develops and when the game actually can show closer to launch game play then i will start to get interested.

yea i am going to wait for developments, let the bugs (which was reported to me,there are many) be worked out, patched and fulfilled as far as support.  Once its playable in a competitive mode,ill play :)