Sign in to follow this  
DayLyte

Raid Composition

Scrap that I just went through the singup thread an compiled some information. In the below pasted you will find the info, a bold X means that is their main spec, and a regular x is obviously off spec.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=930BFCC5084224C5!240&authkey=!ANypGkrAh45C-yI&ithint=file%2c.xlsx

Edited by vVv DayLyte

I think this is something we definately should have and take a look at as we move closer to raids.

I would recommend dividing this by class first and foremost so we can get a feel for what things we need to address before we start raiding.  This will give us an idea of what buffs / debuffs we will be lacking going into raids, and also allows us to see what debuff/buff classes we are low on in case someone doesn't show or can't make it to a raid.  One of the biggest progression stoppers outside of the usual issues is when that one guy you have for every raid to provide a deflect debuff isn't there and your entire raid is deflecting like crazy.

This will also give us an idea as we continue to recruit and such, what we can do to possibly form a 2nd raid group to better balance out the classes so that our raids aren't stacked with a single class that are all competing for the same loot (obvious to see this with our spellslinger DPS situation at the moment).  Nothing will be as disheartening for certain people than to have to not only fight for loot vs 5 other players of your same class, but then also other classes on non armor pieces.

Love the list, should we try to diversify our raid, trying to hit every class/role, or should we go with the best we got?

The latter, less loot will go to waste, so over all our raid will be more geared, and the loot more evenly distributed, plus all the raid buffs/debuffs. The former will allow for a higher rate of progression in the beginning, but loot may or may not bottleneck us. Also we may lack a debuff or buf.

Overall the best way in my opinion is to combine both ideas. You start off with what you believe to be your best 20 and then swap out other classes of equally skilled players to diversify.

I agree with Helios; but that will hurt a lot of peoples feelings that get swapped out. I would make sure that you all tall people in advance if you choose to go that route.