Sun Down

vVv Gaming League of Legends Staff Initiative!

gallery_17235_854_263.png

gallery_4154_13_47669.png

Hey Summoners! We have a lot of exciting projects coming up, and are also hoping to expand on already existing ones (Community Teams and ADLs). Our eventual goal is to have a League-related event running 6 nights per week. This is a lot of work! I originally thought I'd be up to the task of taking this all on by myself, while wanting to develop content and produce the stream for the ADL. This is completely unrealistic and I soon realized that I would quickly become overwhelmed with work and burnt out. I wanted to turn to YOU guys and see who wanted to get further involved as a member of vVv Gaming's League of Legends Staff team. This is a really unique and cool opportunity because it allows for the community to explore their interests in a manner that is fun, productive, and adds value to the community.

The reason I personally think everyone should get involved is because I went through this process and felt it to be both rewarding and extremely fun. The experience of working with other people and building relationships based around League of Legends is Sun-Down-right awesome. When I was just the application manager and showing up to game nights I had a lot of fun, but I and the rest of the community really wanted to try and make the experience better for all players. Gradually, and with massive effort, ideas, arguments, failures, successes and teamwork we as a community were able to develop the Amateur Draft League.

Over the course of this, we have had close to 400 unique summoners attend. From Alpha to final product, we got to work together to take this vision and experience and grow it from a fledgling idea into the developed ADL we have now for the entire community (you are all fantastic people BTW  ;)). The satisfaction from working with others and developing joint ideas into a finished product is incredible.

You get out of vVv Gaming what you put into it, and this is a great opportunity to fine tune some of your skills in a way that we as a community can help you develop and be successful. You will be challenged, pushed, and tasked with important projects that you help develop and create. We want to help bring your ideas to life while developing important life skills.

Jerry, Doomhammer, Paradise and Rob have relentlessly followed their passions and stayed true to what they wanted to offer the esports world. As a result have found jobs and careers in the gaming industry. These are examples of some of the few individuals in vVv who put in an extraordinary amount of time and effort around the community, the result of which is the community and accomplishments we have today. They took their individual passions and followed them as far as they could. vVv Gaming is looking for people with this kind of passion and drive and we want to help develop you to be just as successful as an individual, while building relationships and working continuously make the community better.

Available League of Legends Staff Positions by Event:

Amateur Draft League:

• General Staff- in charge of running a specific bracket of 4-8 teams. Required to be able to interact with people, gather feedback from participants, suggest improvements, organize the draft process, know the ADL Procedure, track and report scores. This position is ideal for those who have a passion for creating a great competitive experience for our community, but aren't as interested in competing themselves
  • Video Editing/Content Creation- Our goal is to develop the stream and publicize the event. In order to do so content creation is a must. Some ideas are top 5 plays videos, player highlights, interviews and hype videos. People with a passion for capturing emotion and excitement and sharing it with the world are ideal for this position.
  • Caster/Streamer- There is no guarantee that with my new computer coming in SunDown will be able to stream (internet quality etc) and even if he does, another caster would be required/if a better pair/fit were to be found they could be easily implemented. This position is ideal for those with a passion for creating a social and entertaining experience.

Community Teams:

• Video Editing/Content Creation- Our goal is to develop the stream and publicize the event/program. In order to do so content creation is a must. Some ideas are a top 5 plays videos, player highlights, interviews and hype videos. People with a passion for capturing emotion and excitement and sharing it with the world are ideal for this position.
  • Caster/Streamer- In this event, a caster or streamer will be notified of the day / time a week ahead of time, you'll have flexibility in which games you can cast. You won't be expected to come to each one depending on scheduling. You'll have ample opportunity to cast, as each team will play once per week in a best of 3. This is someone who has time to stream or cast 2-3 hours, is able to analyze in the intermission between games and keep people entertained. This someone should leave people wanting to come back again for the next scrim.

King of Summoner's Hill:

• General staff- Required to help report, organize and oversee matches. Be able to work with people and resolve conflicts if necessary. This is another event for those passionate about creating a competitive experience but not interested in competing themselves.
  • Streamer/Caster- 1v1s are really cool in that they are unique to cast and offer a lot of cool out plays. This is a great opportunity for an up and coming streamer to work on their commentary. Ideally we want every event streamed to the channel, this one is no exception. Be able to work with the staff to gather information and focus on highlighting showcasing the players. This provides a unique and interesting opportunity for those interested in creating a fun and social experience while developing skills for shoutcasting.

General League Division Jobs:

• Public Relations/Social media/promotion- in charge of promoting a particular/all events (subject to what you want/can handle). Includes coordinating posts for the vVv Facebook and Twitter, as well as posting to Reddit and the League forums. This position is ideal for those who have a passion for engaging a large audience with new and useful information that is relevant to their needs.

If you have any questions or identify a need that the community has that isn't covered by one of the above positions, please ask them here, PM me or find me on mumble/League. These are just what I thought of and if you have anything that is outside of this that you think the community needs please LET ME KNOW.

Edited by vVv Ahryse

My fault!  I was swamped at work last week and didn't get around to reviewing this until late in the weekend.

awww sugarbear not even your fault :) 

Ive been bugging sundown all week about it XD

Basically you would need statisticians to do what exactly? Make a better macro oriented spreadsheet? More funny stats (like win percentages, win ratios with particular captains, or in particular positions etc)

I particularly enjoy trying things out with excel so I wouldn't mind creating better or user friendly spreadsheets. (without causing the actual bugs when swapping positions and all)

Alot of opportunities for people to learn and live from some of the best. 

Cant wait to see the new faces!

<--- from SATX
spanked.jpg

sry much love <3 lol

Hey Sundown, Shoot me a pm or something. Interested in either coaching or streaming. I will shoot you my idea when you msg me. Add me on skype if u dont have me already.

Hey Sundown, Shoot me a pm or something. Interested in either coaching or streaming. I will shoot you my idea when you msg me. Add me on skype if u dont have me already.

Added on Skype ^.^ actually add me cameron.mcgrory... when i search your skype I get some swiss guy.

Edited by vVv Sun Down

I would be interested in the ADL Statistician position, its something I would easily be able to do with the extra distraction I now have. Note that I wouldnt be able to do it till after the 15th though

Hey Sundown, hit me up I'm interested in giving the ADL a hand with a staff position. I really don't have a lot of time to commit to being on the teams lately, unless you count last night. So I figure a staff position would work out great.

Edited by vVv Br0ken

KillShift would love to get involved with the Coaching Program, we have amateur leagues in Indiana with universities and what not and would be great to expand my knowledge on coaching not only for League but for SMITE too

Would definitely be interested in coaching :) Not sure if this is the right place to get involved or not but I'd definitely like to get involved! Previously D1 on LAN and climbing to challenger there atm and Diamond on NA. Just let me know if I need to PM someone else about it!