Sign in to follow this  
BasedPoro

Hexakill - Meta and Discussion

So hopped on the bandwagon of Hexakill, might as well try the new gamemode right? Pretty good score, not my best but w/e. Spoke not a word all game and somehow the teams convinced themselves I was a Meteos smurf so that's always fun  Anyway I'm gonna breakdown my thoughts below:

I think the gamemode is no different personally, maybe a little more tailored to tank fights. With 2 top, usually an AP and a bruiser from what I've seen the gank demands are less prominent. I could definitely have gotten away with a farm heavy jungler like Zac or Shyvanna instead of going pub stomp Kha.

The double jungle meta also works depending on the players and picks, with Nunu/Elise like this game, Elise should've been harassing my camps and buffs especially when I showed myself for ganks, her 1v1 and escape potentials beat mine early. Leaving Nunu to farm up his own jungle and become a hyper tank like what his team needed especially with Yas/Raka/Cait/Panth, they had no designated tanks in any lane so it was easy to shred in with my R-E initiate into Q-W-Q-Hydra followed by resets, I got multiple quadras and pentas off of that. Sadly no hexakill because with 5 other people vying for kills mistakes are made and the guy on a penta is robbed but w/e

Any thoughts or responses? I'm making this post to promote some discussion (I've also included a game screenshot as reference to my rant)

post-47899-0-20729100-1392935871_thumb.p

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but some of us in the gaming house were joking around about Hexakill scrims. I think that could actually be pretty fun

It'd allow for more people in in-house games, it's always sad forcing 1 or 2 people to sit out cause they're full :D Overall very similar game mode to 5s but with some interesting new tactics and thought processes

I don't like double jungle - I still find one jungler to be the most effective; otherwise, 1-2-2 checks out the best for me, with the second midlaner serving as a sort of secondary support that can farm the jungle on the side and works well with little farm (i.e. J4) in addition to a true support down in bot lane. This is, by far, the most effective way to maintain dragon control or an advantage, given that the other team either double-jungles or - for some reason - decides to send two top. 

To be perfectly honest, nydus (nydushermain) told us all the real best use for Hexakill - scrimming between teams with the analyst/coach as the sixth player sitting in fountain. It's just like live spectator with real-time pings and stuff. Some vision issues, but I don't mind it. 

Not a big fan of Hexakill. When I played it on PBE, most matches were 2 mid, vs me lol. Two jungles seems counter productive since if your jungle can only really level unless they live in a solo lane. Can't have a level 4 jarvan gank a level 7 enemy lol.

Haven't played it yet but it looks pretty interesting. :)  I was a bit scared honestly because I didn't know if there was a meta for it yet or not so I kinda just waited to play it. XD  Awesome thread btw, lloks like that meta worked,. :)

I have played this mode a couple time and it is fun. Only thing I don't like with double top is sharing the farm and xp. But otherwise than that its pretty good.