vVv TheAmpeD

10 Man Core Group

**PIN THIS TOPIC PLEASE**

This topic is to let everybody know what we are looking at for our first 10 man core group as well as what we are going to be recruiting for and other information pertaining to the raid.

-First and foremost, ALL core raiders will be REQUIRED to have at least 95% raid attendance.  Missing on personal/family matters is acceptable of course, but falling beneath 95% still leaves your spot open to replacement.  You are also expected to have knowledge of all fights and be prepared for any and all of them on any given raid night.

-Secondly, we are utilizing a Loot Council system to distribute our loot.  The members of this council include: Myself, Khaela, and Exiledsoul.  

-Thirdly, you are expected to show up to raid fully gemmed/enchanted/reforged appropriately to your spec.  If you need help with this, there are members in the guild that can assist with most everything.

-Lastly, we will be raiding on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm PST to 9pm PST.  These days are subject to increase depending on the finalized core roster that we will be utilizing.

The current roster that we will be utilizing for our 10 man core group is:

Tanks:

-Udyr - Guardian Druid

-Razfury - Brewmaster Monk

Healers:

- Pewlazerzpew (vVv Amped) - Resto Druid

- Exiledsoul (Exiledsoul) - Holy Paladin

DPS:

-Khaela (vVv Khaela) - Destro Warlock

-Oziriz (vVv Axios) - Frost Deathknight

-Trevaa (Treva) - Sub Rogue

Back-Ups

-Stormie - Fury Warrior

-Arie - Prot Warrior

Our current recruiting wants/needs are as follows:

- Prot Pally

- Brewmaster Monk

- Blood DK

- Prot Warrior

- Backups/Replacements

Anyone who is not on the list or class/spec is not desired at this moment, may still be considered a back-up or even a replacement if the need arises.

*I will be keeping this post updated with any pertinent information.

Edited by vVv AmpeD

So let me get this straight I have been spending all my time gearing warrior to be ready to raid as quick as possible and now you're telling me I'm just wasting my time leveling/gearing... maybe I'm not following this right but um what are the rest of it's going to do that wan't too raid that don't meet your class spec requirements... can you shed some light on this for me, should I even bother to keep doing what I'm doing? Or just wot now and stop waiting my time. Just trying to understand this better...

Well, as the post says you can be either a back-up or a replacement for this 10 man group as a DPS Warrior.  We plan on progressing into 25 mans in the future which means there is a very high chance that you can easily obtain a spot in the core 25 man when we get to that point.  And if neither of those options suit your fancy, which we (we being myself, Exiled, and Khaela) knew that not everybody would be happy considering we have nothing but warlocks and melee DPS caring about raiding in the guild, then you're gonna have to coordinate with other people in the guild and begin to formulate a 2nd 10 man group.  A successful 10 man progression group does not want more than 2 melee DPS and as of this moment, Treva and Oziriz are our two best looking melee DPS with raid comp in mind.  Again, this is for now, that could change before we even step into SoO.  And we are not looking to just jump right into 25 man considering what we're looking at already with guild activity and the classes/specs being played by those who actually do care.  If we somehow manage to quickly over-recruit for 10 mans then we will definitely jump to 25 mans whenever we can, but until then the choice of what you decide to do from here is entirely up to you, though we are looking for a solid Prot Warrior if you'd want to switch to tanking.

You can put me as a back-up for prot warrior. I don't want to be on the longterm main team with my future schedule being up in the air, but I can help out for now.

Nice write up man.

Agreed that this is to get vVv a solid 10man group going and looking to move up to 25man when ready. Most of the players in the guild atm are either players who came back from long breaks or have fresh 90s and need to get appropriately geared (ilvl 540, at least 535) for 10 man NORMAL SOO. We are looking to fill those key roles to make the raid an enjoyable and successful one. The target is to have 20 key raiders ready for WOD when the time comes. Of course we have more then 20 willing guildies wanting to raid so there will be more then 1 group. 

Just for reference here's what things will look like in raid setups.

raid.jpg

Edited by vVv Axios

I think it should also be mentioned that, and correct me if I'm wrong, vVv is looking more towards the WoD expansion as the bigger focus for WoW. I think Jerry's mindset was to encourage people to get acquainted or reantiquated with WoW using the time we have left with the current expansion (however long it may last) and for vVv to get a good idea of whom may be good picks for the WoD raid group. It should also be noted that most of the people in this 10 man group have been playing before vVv made the WoW announcement or have geared up rather quickly since then. This 10 man group is by no means any indication of who will be in the WoD raids but rather it's the handful of us currently in the guild who are able to run 10 man SoO. I would say a majority of people in the guild who were apart of the masses that started last month are either close to 90, just hit 90 or are only a matter of days/weeks into 90. If people continue to be active and gear up then I have no doubt another 10 man group will be created, if not a 25 man group. Doing LFR and eventually Flex to gear up can be a pain if you have to pug it but it's totally doable (hell I got 5 pieces of Flex gear, on Thursday from pugs).

If you currently don't meet the requirements for this 10 man group, that doesn't mean there's no point in continuing on with progression. Other groups I'm sure will form and can be built with what is available at the time. Also, things change and schedules change. Being a backup may not seem like the greatest option to you at the time however if you've played WoW (or any MMORPG) for a while and have been in a raid group who tries to do raid the same time every week, you know how easily things can change from one week to the next. 

Again, don't look at this 10 man group as any indication as to vVv's plans for WoD in terms of what classes we'll need, who can go, etc. This group is just using the current people in the guild who can run 10 man SoO and based on our classes/roles filling the rest as needed (as Amped stated when talking about melee for example). Keep on grinding, you'll find a raid home soon.

Ninja edit - Dammit Axios! You said a lot of what I just said before I could submit! <3

Edited by Treva

I think it should also be mentioned that, and correct me if I'm wrong, vVv is looking more towards the WoD expansion as the bigger focus for WoW. I think Jerry's mindset was to encourage people to get acquainted or reantiquated with WoW using the time we have left with the current expansion (however long it may last) and for vVv to get a good idea of whom may be good picks for the WoD raid group. It should also be noted that most of the people in this 10 man group have been playing before vVv made the WoW announcement or have geared up rather quickly since then. This 10 man group is by no means any indication of who will be in the WoD raids but rather it's the handful of us currently in the guild who are able to run 10 man SoO. I would say a majority of people in the guild who were apart of the masses that started last month are either close to 90, just hit 90 or are only a matter of days/weeks into 90. If people continue to be active and gear up then I have no doubt another 10 man group will be created, if not a 25 man group. Doing LFR and eventually Flex to gear up can be a pain if you have to pug it but it's totally doable (hell I got 5 pieces of Flex gear, on Thursday from pugs).

If you currently don't meet the requirements for this 10 man group, that doesn't mean there's no point in continuing on with progression. Other groups I'm sure will form and can be built with what is available at the time. Also, things change and schedules change. Being a backup may not seem like the greatest option to you at the time however if you've played WoW (or any MMORPG) for a while and have been in a raid group who tries to do raid the same time every week, you know how easily things can change from one week to the next. 

Again, don't look at this 10 man group as any indication as to vVv's plans for WoD in terms of what classes we'll need, who can go, etc. This group is just using the current people in the guild who can run 10 man SoO and based on our classes/roles filling the rest as needed (as Amped stated when talking about melee for example). Keep on grinding, you'll find a raid home soon.

Ninja edit - Dammit Axios! You said a lot of what I just said before I could submit! <3

Well said! This isn't the final raiding team by any means. It's just everyone getting their feet wet as a group in the raiding scene. 

Updated again for what we are looking for, got a couple of tentative recruits and unfortunately have lost Raz as a tank.  He may join up still on his priest to cover that, but with that we are now looking for 2x Tanks as well as the RDPS with Heal OS.

We would much rather like to have a Brewmaster Monk/Prot Pally tanking combo, but if it is not achievable by the reset : 2-4-14, then we will have no problem filling in with any combo of tanks (minus doubling up) as long as the minimum ilvl of 535 is attained.

Note: We do not have plans to begin our raiding this reset, but rather the reset on Feb 4.

Edited by vVv AmpeD

Just another update.  We're still looking for 535+ Tanks and a Ranged DPS (Preferably Mage).  We would prefer to have a Monk and Pally tank, but any combination aside from doubling up would do.  We are looking to begin progression come the February 4th reset still. 

Edited by vVv AmpeD

well seeing as how i dont meet any of your needed players i guess the only option for me is to apply for a back up, currently 530 fury warrior, continuing to gear up everyday so Ilvl will only go up

I can make those times on tuesday, but the issue is that on thursday i have class until 9:30 Pm Central time - 7:30 Pacific. So i would be late for the thursday raid

Edited by vVv Chrono

Here is a question, since I honestly don't know, do you guys run other raids to possibly get those people that could fill those roles geared?

Well no people have been running LFR/FLEX on their own time and would be the best bet since its easy just by doing it with pubs. Also theres stuff you can get from world bosses and professions to help with your ilvl. 

heres a guide treva wrote up on gearing up to raid to help out 

http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/65440-leveling-path-once-90/

Once 10m is on farm mode goal would be to help others to get that gear then move to 25m

I'm not going to be available as back-up tonight. My internet is extremely unstable and I'm disconnecting too much to even play League, much less raid.

Edited by vVv criss