vVv LordJerith

Transfer to Bastion to Start New Guild

For anyone who missed last night:

The guild has been setup, the name is "Vision Valor Victory" and basically everyone has invite privileges. (except for scumbag Lithium :) ) I will be on mumble tonight (around 6pm PST at the latest) for sure if you cannot get an invite before then. As of last night we had around 15 people join, which is actually far more than i expected. quite a few are starting new characters, so there should be people to level, pvp, and do flashpoints with! 

If you haven't played before or are interested in coming back, the game is free to download and play so it is at least worth a look. While the F2P model is a bit of a hindrance, it is still very possible to level to 50 without spending money. However if you are enjoying yourself, I would subscribe so you don't have to be limited on how much content you can play while leveling up.

I can't decide if I want to transfer or start fresh. What does the guild need in terms of roles? That might help make the decision a little easier.

Its a bit hard to say without looking at the guild list in game >.< but from what I recall, As for the base classes right now we have many Bounty Hunters and few Imperial Agents. Both Sith classes are somewhere in the middle. As far as roles i feel we have a fair balance of tanks, healers and dps. (possibly a bit heavy on the tank side with all the powertech's, however they can play dps as well) if you want to try and fill in the gaps I would say play something that has the option to heal or dps; but honestly play what you want as this is more for fun and not super serious raiding.

is there a class like that would relate to a Warlock from WoW?

As far as I remember, Sniper would probably be the closest match to a lock; but it really depends what you are looking for as far as "similar to a warlock" the Lethality tree in both Operative and Sniper is somewhat focused on DoTs (although there is no true dot class in the game) however Operative's other abilities/trees focus on close range combat or healing while Sniper on the other hand is all long range. Aside from that there isn't anything else that feels like a lock... Sorc is more or less a mage, Merc is more similar to a hunter, and both powertech and marauder have DoTs, but are melee range classes.

If there's anything more specific you are looking for in play style i could give a better answer.

Edited by vVv Blazek

Its a bit hard to say without looking at the guild list in game >.< but from what I recall, As for the base classes right now we have many Bounty Hunters and few Imperial Agents. Both Sith classes are somewhere in the middle. As far as roles i feel we have a fair balance of tanks, healers and dps. (possibly a bit heavy on the tank side with all the powertech's, however they can play dps as well) if you want to try and fill in the gaps I would say play something that has the option to heal or dps; but honestly play what you want as this is more for fun and not super serious raiding.

Most of the Powertechs are actually going DPS spec though! Everyone should play what they want though :)

As far as I remember, Sniper would probably be the closest match to a lock; but it really depends what you are looking for as far as "similar to a warlock" the Lethality tree in both Operative and Sniper is somewhat focused on DoTs (although there is no true dot class in the game) however Operative's other abilities/trees focus on close range combat or healing while Sniper on the other hand is all long range. Aside from that there isn't anything else that feels like a lock... Sorc is more or less a mage, Merc is more similar to a hunter, and both powertech and marauder have DoTs, but are melee range classes.

If there's anything more specific you are looking for in play style i could give a better answer.

As for the closest thing to Warlock, you want to go Sith Sorcerer with Madness spec. It's extremely similar to the flow of a Warlock/Shadow Priest from WoW. 

Most of the Powertechs are actually going DPS spec though! Everyone should play what they want though :)

As for the closest thing to Warlock, you want to go Sith Sorcerer with Madness spec. It's extremely similar to the flow of a Warlock/Shadow Priest from WoW. 

Yeah PT dps seems like fun and I hear they are good for PvP, if i have enough time and am still playing the game i'm gonna have to try one out >.<

Completely forgot about madness, yes that spec is actually a fairly dot heavy class with a fair amount of CC, quite a bit of self healing as well.

Edited by vVv Blazek

Whos the POC for guild invite? toon name is xTrice

Everyone should have invite powers iirc, although i believe most of us are west coast so you may not be able to get an invite until later in the evening :(

Getting back into the game after a while. I remember back when DPS Juggernauts were like the best PVP class. I might end up rolling either a Bounty Hunter or a class/spec that is akin to a WoW rouge (if anyone would know what that would be).

Edit: Made an Inquisitor, name Zelaias.

Edited by vVv Unverclopt

SWToR is my utmost favoritest game to date - its even above League. Now that I have my new compy, I'll be on ToR a loooottt more often (after finals are over).

What are we up to in ToR right now? How many people are playing daily? Are we grouping for anything atm, is everyone still leveling? /insert stream of questions here.

SWToR is my utmost favoritest game to date - its even above League. Now that I have my new compy, I'll be on ToR a loooottt more often (after finals are over).

What are we up to in ToR right now? How many people are playing daily? Are we grouping for anything atm, is everyone still leveling? /insert stream of questions here.

Right now it is very casual, only ever see a few people on daily. We do have a few people at 55, but many people are still leveling. I believe over the next month more people will be on as the "big push" for coming back was the Galactic Starfighter expansion; although I have been having a lot of fun with the PvP right now.

I would expect some more people over the long weekend as it is a double XP weekend (today until sunday night)  http://www.swtor.com/2xp