Soap

Topic For Discussion: Applicants, Members and 8s Lobbies

We as members have been placing statements on twitter, these forums, and have been speaking about how 8s lobbies (and CGNs) should be ran and what we think applicants are perceiving as good and bad play in 8s lobbies. 

Most of us are tired of the screwing around and carelessness some of us members and applicants have been doing in these lobbies.

I made this post so every member can have an opportunity to speak on this subject.  Once we have our opinions placed here, I think we as a community need to go to applicants and really express what we personally look for as CoD community members.

Also, please construct your responses under these guidelines, copy and paste if you would like!  I received these questions from vVv Doomhammer as I began creating the DCGN and I think it will work perfectly here:

1. What problem are you trying to solve?

2. Why is this problem worth solving?

3. What action is proposed to solve the problem? 

Edited by vVv N3ptune

1. The problem I'm trying to solve is that people want to get better, but at times they don't show it when we play 8s. It's pointless for us to try and help people when they just don't care. Hardpoint and ctf are fine, but when it comes to search, all seriousness just goes out the door. That needs to stop.

2. We need to solve this problem because we need to show people that we are serious out becoming better player, and to show the world that this community is worth joining.

3. We just need to talk to the applicants who play with us most, and tell them if you wanna get better you need to take it seriously.

On a side note all you guys know I'm all about having fun, there are times we can mess around in 8s. Like we played hijacked hardpoint one time and we had a blast. But when we take time out of our day to play with apps and it just becomes a clown show there really isn't a point.

Also we need to do a better job helping out apps we play with. We need to take the leadership role and help out people who don't know how to play as much as others do. Last night I was on the underdog team a lot, but we won because of communication and that desire to win. We need to show this to them and help them to learn the attributes of a true gamer.

1. The problem I'm trying to solve is that people want to get better, but at times they don't show it when we play 8s. It's pointless for us to try and help people when they just don't care. Hardpoint and ctf are fine, but when it comes to search, all seriousness just goes out the door. That needs to stop.

2. We need to solve this problem because we need to show people that we are serious out becoming better player, and to show the world that this community is worth joining.

3. We just need to talk to the applicants who play with us most, and tell them if you wanna get better you need to take it seriously.

On a side note all you guys know I'm all about having fun, there are times we can mess around in 8s. Like we played hijacked hardpoint one time and we had a blast. But when we take time out of our day to play with apps and it just becomes a clown show there really isn't a point.

Also we need to do a better job helping out apps we play with. We need to take the leadership role and help out people who don't know how to play as much as others do. Last night I was on the underdog team a lot, but we won because of communication and that desire to win. We need to show this to them and help them to learn the attributes of a true gamer.

I think Fatal legit just closed this thread on 8s/CGN lobbies.

I don't think you should use a fun game mode (8s) and try to make it competitive.  There is a lot of activity in CoD so the proper solution I think would be either to start up some more DCGNs for people interested in improving or maybe run some 5s instead of 8s.

This is why I have been staying away from normals lately in LoL, it's not a competitive game mode and I won't enjoy playing them because I can't get serious improvement or practice in.

I don't think you should use a fun game mode (8s) and try to make it competitive.  There is a lot of activity in CoD so the proper solution I think would be either to start up some more DCGNs for people interested in improving or maybe run some 5s instead of 8s.

This is why I have been staying away from normals lately in LoL, it's not a competitive game mode and I won't enjoy playing them because I can't get serious improvement or practice in.

That's what I'm sayin man. It's annoying honestly when I try to help someone and then the next day they don't do it.... Blahh

That's what I'm sayin man. It's annoying honestly when I try to help someone and then the next day they don't do it.... Blahh

It's not your responsibility to help them get better at a game. It's your responsibility to help them improve as a person. Taking them from a good applicant to a great applicant. Remember that. Not everyone in our community are gods at CoD but they had value in some way which is why they belong and got their V's.  If someone want's to try and get better we have DCGN's for that. CGN's are meant to get applicants and members together to talk and have fun gaming together. It should be taken seriously yes, but in a fun manor. The most important thing you should be taking out of it is how the person is communicating with yourself and everyone else in the lobby. Is he positive/negative? Are they vocal? Are they conducting themselves is a fun but respective manor? These are questions to keep in mind when you're in those CGN's.  

It's not your responsibility to help them get better at a game. It's your responsibility to help them improve as a person. Taking them from a good applicant to a great applicant. Remember that. Not everyone in our community are gods at CoD but they had value in some way which is why they belong and got their V's.  If someone want's to try and get better we have DCGN's for that. CGN's are meant to get applicants and members together to talk and have fun gaming together. It should be taken seriously yes, but in a fun manor. The most important thing you should be taking out of it is how the person is communicating with yourself and everyone else in the lobby. Is he positive/negative? Are they vocal? Are they conducting themselves is a fun but respective manor? These are questions to keep in mind when you're in those CGN's.

Yeah but coming in and messing up 8s isnt the way to get recognized, I know people aren't "God's" at the game, but I'm not dealing with people who wanna get better and then mess around in search everytime we play. Like I've said before I'm willing to help everyone, but don't waste my time.

I feel like Fatal has a really good point, because in a way when 8's lobbies start up, typically there is an ass load of applicants in the lobby. Skill levels ranging from bottom to top, but I rarely ever get asked about how to play Call of Duty at a competetive level, when it clearly seems that some people who are striving to compete at that level, won't put any effort in learning. DCGN's are great because they are 100 percent directed towards improving gameplay and receiving constructive criticism on what needs to be worked on to make you perform at a higher level.

Lately to me it seems that when 8's lobbies get started there is always a lot of messing around and people talking over people and unless the host gets real stern with the party, it doesn't seem like people have the maturity and decency to shut the hell up and let captains pick their team. It still needs to be fun, but I don't feel like people take things serious enough, because like Fatal said, if you ask me for my advice and I help you with something. If you don't apply it, then you've just wasted my time.

I feel like a set of guidlines for proper 8's lobby/CGN would go a long way and improve the quality of the experience. Those are my thoughts.

Edited by vVv Ryno

8s is competitive though. Anything besides 8s isnt competitive. 8s is 4v4 which is what Call of Duty is.