Sign in to follow this  
Optimize

Why Poke'mon should be supported-OptimizeVG

Pokémon is a Video Game that is very time consuming but it's very fun. It's draws a gamers attention in different ways. Whether it is your epic journey for 8 Gym Badges, competing in Pokémon Multiplayer Beauty Contests, or the grind commonly known as Online Multiplayer Pokémon Battling... you will be immersed in a world of adventure. Each person has their own choice for what challenges they would like to face. It also is balanced for most persons. In Pokémon there is events. These events include similar aspects of MLG events. It's just as hard to be successful in as in any other game. It's not biased towards young Pokémon trainers, there is older trainer opportunities too. This is called the Master division. Last of all Pokémon takes skill to beat other trainers with many strategy possibilities at your hand. The equipment is also less expensive. This would allow this Game to possibly be supported by several people, and quickly too! If more info is needed on why this should be supported please Private Message me with that request. For those who are reading though please post more comments that agree, disagree, or have more sources. Thank you for this thread. Goodbye!

Just want to come in here and post this - I played Pokemon competitively, even in my time here at vVv. Competed at VGC for several years. 

To be very honest, there's no point in vVv "supporting" Pokemon. It's a very online-based community and only has really one major event a year ran by The Pokemon Company/Nintendo. There's no real "eSports" presence for the game. There's no stability (no circuits, no regional events, VGC is only doubles and single elimination, etc.) and sponsorship would honestly do very little. 

If I thought otherwise, I would have continued to support competitive Pokemon here at vVv. I stopped doing that in 2010. 

Edited by vVv Rapture

Just want to come in here and post this - I played Pokemon competitively, even in my time here at vVv. Competed at VGC for several years. 

To be very honest, there's no point in vVv "supporting" Pokemon. It's a very online-based community and only has really one major event a year ran by The Pokemon Company/Nintendo. There's no real "eSports" presence for the game. There's no stability (no circuits, no regional events, VGC is only doubles and single elimination, etc.) and sponsorship would honestly do very little. 

If I thought otherwise, I would have continued to support competitive Pokemon here at vVv. I stopped doing that in 2010. 

I agree with this. There's not nearly enough competitive events for us to support Pokemon. Going to go ahead and close this thread.