darkjedimasterx

DarkJediMasterX vVv Application

Name:

Jonathan Phillips

Age (minimum 16):

24 years old

Tampa, FL USA (but I am moving near Charlotte, NC USA)

Gamertags (for all systems you own):

DarkJediMasterX

If you have any social media accounts, could you provide links directly to your account (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.)?

https://twitter.com/Darkholegames

http://www.twitch.tv/darkholegames

http://www.youtube.com/user/darkholegames

http://darkholegames.net/

How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? 

A good friend of mine, xXMetalFootXx

Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them?

MUG Optimize (met him through xXMetalFootXx on Black Ops II), & I know xXMetalFootXx from a website called Duxter and have been gaming with him almost daily for about a month.

Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? 

Joining vVv Gaming would be an honor because its the foot in the right direction to achieving the goal of being apart of a strong community, a type of family, and one step closer to being a Pro player and putting my skills to use; while getting better in areas I lack. My ultimate goal is to represent vVv Gaming to the world & compete for vVv Gaming in tournaments. 

What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming?

One of my biggest hobbies is live streaming. I try to live stream 3+ days a week for a minimum of 2 hours, but I usually go over that haha. I also run a youtube channel which is a gaming channel where I do walkthroughs, entertaining commentaries, unboxings, vlogs, tips, and more. I also run a video game website called Dark Hole Games (http://darkholegames.net/news.php) where I post game news, reviews, events. I also like to play trading card games such as Cardfight Vanguard and compete in local tournaments at my card shops. I really do enjoy making videos and post them on Youtube because I am a very creative person. I draw, sketch, attempt doing graphics, go to the movies, concerts, play guitar, write music, sing, go to conventions, cosplay, watch a lot of sci-fi, some anime, and just hang with family. I know you wanted to know the interests outside of gaming, but its hard because gaming is a huge part of my life. I went to college for game design and development, but had to leave due to personal reasons. However that hasn't stopped my determination to be apart of the world of gaming. 

What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have?

Just local tournaments. The only video game one they had near me was Halo Wars at my local GameStop, but otherthan that I just compete in Cardfight Vanguard trading card game at my local card shop when I can. I am registered on GameBattles and want to do something like that.

Have you attended any major tournaments (MLG, UMG)?

Unfortunately I haven't because it costs way to much to fly and lodge. One day I hope I can :)

How often do you participate in online tournaments (360 Icons, GB)?

Never, but I plan to. I am new to the GB scene.

What is your rank in Solo League Play?

Season 7 was Silver Rank 89. 

What is your highest rank in Team League Play?

Season 7 was Bronze Rank 106. Couldn't really get the league team together to help increase the rank.

Do you prefer pickups/team scrims or matchmaking? Why?

Team scrims and matchmaking. Scrims because you actually have a team to communicate with and learn off each other. I like matchmaking because you never know what you will go up against and it can prepare you for anything, even if someone tries lag switching. However if you have no communication than it pretty much sucks.

Do you watch replays and/or pro player streams? How often?

I do when I get the chance. If I am not gaming I am working, if I am not working I am gaming and/or streaming. On a estimated week though I watch replays and pro streams about 5+ times a week.

Who is your favorite competitive Call of Duty player? Why?

NadeShot. He is laid back, has a good sense of humor and seems calm to me. I also enjoy his live streams. 

What is your favorite competitive Call of Duty team? Why?

I don't have one at the moment.

What is your favorite Call of Duty game? Why?

Black Ops 1 & 2. I can't pick just one haha. I first started COD on Black Ops 1 and that was very balanced to me and Black Ops 2 followed the same design to an extent. 

What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst?

Best: I was the last person left on a Search and Destroy match and there was 3 enemies left. I took out the bomb planter then turned the corner and took out the remaining two enemies all on a single clip using my M8A1. Worst: I was running the enemy flag to our base and I tried to dive to our flag post to dodge the enemies fire, but another enemy hit me with a war machine while I was in mid air.

What do you hope to achieve, competitively?

To develop my skills to become a better overall player. To compete in MLG and represent vVv Gaming. To also help other individuals who are looking to improve as well. If I make money gaming that is awesome, but that's not my objective.

Edited by darkjedimasterx

Hello and welcome to the vVv Community Jonathan!

I'd firstly like to start off by saying, you should change the color of your answers, it's really dark and somewhat hard to read. It's just a quick fix.

You should also take a second and follow the vVv twitter @vVv_Gaming, subscribe to the youtube channel @vVvGamingTv and like us on Facebook!

Also, you should quickly read over this thread: 
http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/62080-how-do-i-get-into-vvv-gaming/page-3#entry582904

We have Community Game Nights (CGN) every Wednesday and Saturday at 7 p.m. Eastern Time. You can add the "vVv Cod" gamer tag and has a list of all applicants and members.

Feel free to ask anyone the questions you may have as everyone is very friendly.

My Gamertag:Stay Fhrosty
Feel free to add me if you would like to run games.

Enjoy your stay here.

Edited by Frosty

Hi and welcome to the community :) You might want to think about changing the font color from blue to something easier to read :) Stay active in the forums, and after 10 posts you can join us in chat :D Good luck on your app

Hey and welcome to the community  :) Stay active in the forums, and after 10 posts you can join us in chat  :D Good luck on your app!!

Good luck on your application. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. You can message me on the vVv Site, Twitter: @vVv_Tacklez, Xbox Live: vVv Tacklez

Don't forget to stay active and I would read the vVv application expectations so you are aware of what we do here at vVv Gaming. If I were you I would change the colors to your answers. Your application is the first impression we see of you. Make sure you are happy with it. Good luck,

Vision. Valor, Victory. 

We are the best

Welcome to vVv, and good luck on your app.  Don't hesitate to hit me up if you ever have any questions!  Nice app too btw.  Shows you actually put thought into it.  You will like it here vVv is the greatest team in eSports!

good luck bro, glad to see you came & joined us! we have lots of cookies!

Thanks man I appreciate it! mm I want cookies now :D

Good luck on your application. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. You can message me on the vVv Site, Twitter: @vVv_Tacklez, Xbox Live: vVv Tacklez

Don't forget to stay active and I would read the vVv application expectations so you are aware of what we do here at vVv Gaming. If I were you I would change the colors to your answers. Your application is the first impression we see of you. Make sure you are happy with it. Good luck,

Vision. Valor, Victory. 

We are the best

Thanks for the support Tacklez. I actually sent you a message over Xbox Live about the whole CGN thing, haven't been online yet to see if you responded haha. I will definitely keep reading over the expectations to keep myself in check. I originally changed the color from blue to yellow because it was hard for people to see. Is the yellow still hard on the eyes? I feel very confident in my actual application and I am happy to be apart of this awesome community!

Welcome to vVv, and good luck on your app.  Don't hesitate to hit me up if you ever have any questions!  Nice app too btw.  Shows you actually put thought into it.  You will like it here vVv is the greatest team in eSports!

Thanks for the warm welcome and support :) I did put a lot of thought into my application and I tend to write a lot lol. I want to be apart of this community and help represent it to the world! 

Question: Can I stream CGN's on my TwitchTV channel or post videos of the CGN's on my youtube? Also can I title my streams or videos with vVv in the name? Ex: Gaming with vVv community.

Welcome to vVv good luck on your application.

Thanks William :) I appreciate the support. I just finished my first CGN and man I had a blast! Look forward to gaming with more vVv team / community members :)

Had a really good time playing with you last night :) HMU anytime :D

Thanks :) Ditto! Still find it funny how none of us wanted to pick up the bomb on Meltdown when we played Search and Destroy. Your like "no one wants it, its like the plague" lol. I'll definitely shoot you invites if I see you on :) Thanks for checking out my application too. 

had a good time with you just few min ago lol gonna shoot you inv.. also if you are online i love hose american servers already ownage dude.... lol if they are all like that... i am gonna rock it hahaha.... see you soon man.....take care

sounds like things are going good for you man, if you ever need anything just hmu & i will help like always

Dude I am having a blast! Thanks for introducing me to all of this. Question, how do you know if someone endorses you?

Good luck on the application. I'm on BOII right now so let me know if you want to play a little. =)

Thanks for the support Epik! We should party up :D

had a good time with you just few min ago lol gonna shoot you inv.. also if you are online i love hose american servers already ownage dude.... lol if they are all like that... i am gonna rock it hahaha.... see you soon man.....take care

Lol not every lobby on the USA is like that, we just happened to find one. Was good gaming with you bro, definitely will be joining up with you more!

Hey! Welcome to vVv :). I'm Mikey! Always awesome to see new faces, and meet new people here at vVv. If no one has told you or let you know, you need 10 forum posts to use the shoutbox that way you can really start meeting all the wonderful people here at vVv. I want you to know I am here to help you out, I understand that this application process can be long and hard, and sometimes even fustrating and I had great people help me threw it and I am here to do the same. You can always PM here if you need me, and I will responsed as soon as I can, my friends list tends to be full, if you ever want to play just message me on xbox vVv Mikeyy :). Hope you have a wonderful stay here with us and welcome to our family!