PaLiiBoY

PaLiiBoY's Application

Application Questions

• Name: Houssam (Sam) Abouhasira
  • Age (minimum 16): 24
  • Gamertags (for all systems you own): PaLiiBoY
  • If you have any social media accounts, could you provide links directly to your account (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.)? Twitter: @PaLiiBoY
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? From being in the gaming community for over 2 years with Mafia Gaming/eSports Nation, I've seen vVv in the community quite a bit.
  • Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? I don't know anybody personally, just seen names around Twitter and such. 
  • Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? I want to be part of a community that truly believes in developing its players, honing their skills and creating a family-like atmosphere. I've been part of communities before where I have fun, utmost respect for and wouldn't trade it for anything. They just didn't have the same vision as I thought they did and it always ended up at a dead end where it seemed like there was no more room for growth. I don't feel vVv has that, and I want to be a part of this growing community while becoming a better player and community member.
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I watch a lot of sports (all kinds). I like attending comedy shows and just chill at the house watching movies. I'm pretty laid back and am somewhat of a homebody.
  • What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have? As far as competing IN a tournament, I don't have any. I was a coach for First Class at MLG Raleigh and have coordinated many tournaments at MG and esn.
  • Have you attended any major tournaments (MLG, UMG)? MLG Raleigh 2011 for Black Ops. Was coach of First Class.
  • How often do you participate in online tournaments (360 Icons, GB)? Hardly at all.
  • What is your rank in Solo League Play? Platinum Top 50 (haven't been playing league lately, was top 10)
  • What is your highest rank in Team League Play? Never had a team to play Champions Series, another reason I want a community =)
  • Do you prefer pickups/team scrims or matchmaking? Why? Like I said, I never really had a "team" and being on PS3, the competitive community isn't really there. So, with that said, I play a lot of pubs and league.
  • Do you watch replays and/or pro player streams? How often? Almost everyday I watch streams.
  • Who is your favorite competitive Call of Duty player? Why? It'd be DoMo. The reason I say that is because I met him in Raleigh in 2011. I am not a pro player. I wasn't a known coach. I was looked at as a "random" by a lot of players at Raleigh. DoMo was very down to earth and didn't judge. Hilarious also.
  • What is your favorite competitive Call of Duty team? Why? I like vVv Gaming and I like nV. I have a lot of respect for Hastro and I love the underdog spirit shown in vVv lately.
  • What is your favorite Call of Duty game? Why? I'd have to say Black Ops 1. This is the game that showed me what MLG is all about. It was the game I came into the sponsoring portion of the game. It was the game that I played hardcore on Competitive Playlist. Miss it a lot.
  • What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst?  Can't really say this applies to me. I would say just placing 14th as a coach with First Class at Raleigh. The experience was amazing and I hope to attend Raleigh again. The crowd was electrifying and the shout casters were awesome!
  • What do you hope to achieve, competitively? I don't think I will have the time to put in to be a pro player. If I do, excellent. I have a wife and a full-time job so I don't see it happening. I REALLY enjoyed the Admin position I had with Mafia Gaming/eSports Nation. I'd love to be a leader of a certain division with time within vVv (Promote more Sports games like Madden?)

I applied to this community knowing it was mainly Xbox 360. I tweeted Doomhammer and vVv Gaming and Doom responded back saying that's just who applied. If someone was to apply to the PS3 side of things (soon to be PS4, too, because I have that pre-ordered) that maybe they'd consider bolstering up CoD, possibly BF and other games on the Sony side of things if someone wanted. I'd love to help out. This would be something I'd be really great at. I have endorsements from eSports Nation where I put in 2 years as Executive staff doing hiring/firing, operations, recruiting, training, coaching, site work, financial support, conduct meetings, promote tournaments, etc. I am sure those guys can attest to that (CEO Luckyx and General Manager Hype). I'd love to start now at bolstering the PS side of things so momentum into PS4 will be on its way! I'd love to see Battlefield also in this community and Madden. I would work hard to try and gain support for those communities. 

I look forward to hearing from you all! :)  Thank you!

Edited by PaLiiBoY

Interesting background you have! The coaching at Raleigh must have been an amazing experience :) Best of luck with your application and your aspiring future with vVv Plaiiboy!

Welcome to the community bro! I would like to review your application with you. If you have XBOX, message vVv Coach. If not, DM me on here, maybe we can get on Mumble and chat! I look forward to hearing from you, and wish you luck here with vVv! 

Good luck on your application, hit me up anytime you wanna play, GT is DG Dreknathal I love to see people with lots of experience apply make me feel like I'm a bit more important knowing more and more impressive people are around me.

good luck on your application. if you want to play hit me up - OriginalJustice

Edited by Brizo

Welcome to vVv and good luck on your application! If you have any questions about your application, the endorsement system, or vVv in general, feel free to message any staff member (they are easily recognized by their dark or light purple color in the shoutbox), or make a post here.

To have a successful application, we encourage you to fill out your “about me” page in your profile along with uploading a personal picture to your forum avatar. You should also add the gamertag "vVv CoD" and add "vVv Applicant" in your motto on Xbox Live.

vVv Gaming encourages you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, like our Facebook page, follow our Twitter, and follow our Twitch TV channel!

vVv Gaming runs Call of Duty Community Nights on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7 p.m. EST on Xbox Live. Send a private message to vVv Shadow on the vVv Gaming forums to get involved.

Feel free to hop into Mumble so you can get to know our other community members and play games. Mumble is not mandatory for Call of Duty applicants, but is strongly encouraged. If you need help connecting or have issues with mumble look here.

Also, if you go on vacation or have personal issues and won't be online on Xbox or our website for awhile, be sure to fill out a post in this section on our forums. This prevents your application from being closed if you have to be away for awhile. 

Don't forget to checkout all the topics above the shoutbox because they contain important news and information as well as a complete list of all of the members of vVv Gaming.

Again, Welcome and Good Luck!

Good luck on your application. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. You can message me on the vVv Site, Twitter: @vVv_Tacklez, Xbox Live: vVv Tacklez

Hi All!

Thanks for the welcomes and good wishes! As I stated in the application, I am on PSN only. When I tweeted Doom to even see if you all had a PS3 section, he said no because nobody really applied to it, but they wouldn't be against someone bolstering the division. So, I am hoping (if I am accepted) to help boost the PS side of things to move the momentum right into PS4 for CoD, BF and Madden. 

So for those who said to add you on XBL...wish I could. =/ I am on PSN only, though, hoping to expand vVv.

I do have my About Me and Avatar up. No facebook for me. I am following on Twitter. Have re-tweeted a lot. Got my vVv desktop background and Twitter backgrounds/avvy. 

vVv Coach, I will be glad to DM you on here since I do not have XBL, thank you.

Brizo, is that on PSN or XBL?

Update: I will be cancelling my preorder for PS4 and getting a Xbox One =) After thorough research, I really believe XBL will own again.

Also found a headset in the house that is compatible with PC so I don't have to keep unplugging my Trittons off the PS3 to plug into PC. =) So I will be TALKING (not typing) to you all in Mumble very soon! =D

Good luck on your app man. Kinda stinks your on the sony side. Woulda loved to meet you! See you on the one side than bro and hope to see the v's there!

Thanks man! YaZR! Hope I have the vVv in front by the Xbox One too. It'll come faster than we think! (The Xbox One that is...)

Edited by PaLiiBoY

Another update.

Because it is important for me to get to know the vVv community members and to help my application, I have managed to get a cheap 360 on Craigslist with BO2 that I will be getting tomorrow. So I will be adding you all on there soon as I get it :)

Look forward to playing/getting to know y'all! Lets go!

Edited by PaLiiBoY

Side note about me -- I have done a couple YouTube "music" vids 

Here's the main one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3hbXRPOA0 (I'm the short rapper)

And in this feature, I was the Chief during the YMCA (at about 2:14, and then at the end LOL): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zokCxDxsEt8

Edited by PaLiiBoY

heck yeah man it was fun! look forward to playin with you some more. i think u robo and brave and pandemonium trying to start a team..? if u all end up needing 1, im down! i work well with RoBo