luke1lea

q Reset p - vVv Application

Name:  

David Weber  

Age (minimum 16):  

Silver Spring,  Maryland

Gamertags (for all systems you own):

q Reset p (Xbox)

If you have any social media accounts, could you provide links directly to your account (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.)?

twitter.com/luke1lea, facebook.com/luke1lea

How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom?

One of my friends (vVv Paused) joined a while back, I've been playing with him for close to 7 years now. Figured I'd see what all the hype was about ;-)

Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them?

vVv Paused, I've been playing Cod with him for almost 7 years, pubs, GB, everything.

Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming?

Wanting to get more involved in the community, playing pubs is fun, but its much more fun when you have people to play with

What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming?

Motorcycles. I have an '09 FZ6R, ride around with a group of guys every week, it's quite fun!

What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have?

I've played in several tournaments on gamebattles, I've never placed, but the experience was fun

Have you attended any major tournaments (MLG, UMG)?

Nope

How often do you participate in online tournaments (360 Icons, GB)?

Well, Maryland doesn't allow online "gambling" so I can't do it anymore. But I used to sign up for them quite a bit.

What is your rank in Solo League Play? 

Rank 114 Platinum division

What is your highest rank in Team League Play?

Rank 80 Platinum

Do you prefer pickups/team scrims or matchmaking? Why?

Scrims definitely. I've always been competetive, and scrims are much more competetive than matchmaking. Teamwork makes everything more fun

Do you watch replays and/or pro player streams? How often?

I watch replays in theater mode whenever I see someone do something that I've never seen before. And I watch pro players play quite a bit on twitch. Mainly optic, but I scroll around and watch everyone when I find them.

Who is your favorite competitive Call of Duty player? Why?

I've always admired Ston3r, he's a really good player, team oriented, and is interesting to watch.

What is your favorite competitive Call of Duty team? Why?

I don't really have a favorite team, I feel like I should say vVv here, but to be honest, I've never seen the competitive team play more than a couple matches, and I'd hate to lie on an application ;-)

What is your favorite Call of Duty game? Why?

I really enjoyed world at war. I used to play Bolts only matches all the time on it and it was sooo much fun! However I liked Modern Warfare 2 overall much better. Thats where I got into playing competitively with real guns lol. MW3 was close behind, thats where my team and I owned in competetive play. Our team was consistantly in the top 5 (majority of the time in first place). I've really never liked either of the black ops games.

What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst?

^^ this was one of my best (skip to 30 seconds). 3-3 overtime last map. My whole team dies and leaves me, and I clutch a 1v4 FTW, I only wish I was recording my voice at the time so you could hear me scream lol.   My worst, ugh, hard to count lol. I'm sure we've all had more than a few terrible games.

What do you hope to achieve, competitively?

I'm sure a lot of people say they want to make it big here and win all the tournaments, I kind of figure that'll never happen for me, but I would like to at least attend one MLG event and see how I do!

Edited by luke1lea

Welcome to vVv and good luck on your application! If you have any questions about your application, the endorsement system, or vVv in general, feel free to message any staff member (they are easily recognized by their dark or light purple color in the shoutbox), or make a post here.

To have a successful application, we encourage you to fill out your “about me” page in your profile along with uploading a personal picture to your forum avatar. You should also add the gamertag "vVv CoD" and add "vVv Applicant" in your motto on Xbox Live.

vVv Gaming encourages you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, like our Facebook page, follow our Twitter, and follow our Twitch TV channel!

vVv Gaming runs Call of Duty Community Nights on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7 p.m. EST on Xbox Live. Send a private message to vVv Shadow on the vVv Gaming forums to get involved.

Feel free to hop into Mumble so you can get to know our other community members and play games. Mumble is not mandatory for Call of Duty applicants, but is strongly encouraged. If you need help connecting or have issues with mumble look here.

Also, if you go on vacation or have personal issues and won't be online on Xbox or our website for awhile, be sure to fill out a post in this section on our forums. This prevents your application from being closed if you have to be away for awhile. 

Don't forget to checkout all the topics above the shoutbox because they contain important news and information as well as a complete list of all of the members of vVv Gaming.

Again, Welcome and Good Luck!

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get my name out there? I've been being active in the forums and such so far.

Lol, I like your line in the vid "F*ck this sh*t, I'm out!"

lmao , gb stresses me out so much :P

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get my name out there? I've been being active in the forums and such so far.

http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/61901-how-do-i/

this was a great topic some good stuff in there.

Hello David,

We've decided to tweak our application process so that getting five endorsements will not be the only thing we look at when we decide who gets a pre-interview. Instead, we'll be looking at a list of criteria to determine if someone is a ready to become a member of vVv Gaming. The list of criteria can be found here:

Please read through the list and let me know if you have any questions.

Application closed. Applications are closed for the following reasons:

-Requested by applicant
-Inactivity
-Failed to upload a Pic
-Failed to COMPLETELY fill out Forum Personal Profile and "About Me" Page
-Applied to another organization
-Inappropriate conduct
-Three weeks without endorsement

Please contact me or staff if you feel this has been done in error. If you do not contact staff within 3 days, this application will be filed away as "Closed/Not Admitted."

Thank You.