Sign in to follow this  
Magicmooch

Community Inhouse Tournament Feedback

Hey guys!

So we concluded our trial run of the Inhouse Community Draft Tournament last Tuesday with Sping Pikers taking home the title!  I know that me and Chrono had a ton of fun bringing you guys the tournament and we would love to do something similar in the future.  

However, before we can do that, we need your feedback!  In order for us to make the tournament as enjoyable for you guys as we can, we need to know what you liked, didn't like, format problems, ideas, suggestions, anything to make it better in the long run!

So please, feel free to give us any and all feedback!  

Thanks again guys,

-Magicmooch

Overall I think it was pretty well done. Chrono needs to work on his camera work some more. There were times when it seemed like it was on auto camera mode when there were some other more important plays/actions on the map. 

Also...3v3 aram best of 5....do it.

Though I wasn't in it. I have to say it was enjoyable to watch and learn. Though the camera did seem to go away from the action at times. I know it's thought to track sometimes but it's only that miner detail I saw as a problem. If there will be another you'll definitely see my name registering for it :D 

Few things that I've heard and noticed.

1. Don't do it over so many weeks, its a tournament, do it over a weekend or at most a week. People lose interest doing it over that long and with more teams it'll only get worse.

2. Tournament format needs to be changed. I talked to you about this a little bit. But having the two best teams on paper play each other in the first round gives you a final placing that won't reflect the actual player skills. 

3. The Commentating. Obviously you have to keep it entertaining so I somewhat understand why you guys do it. But it got to the point where people were doing stuff that they'd normally do it would not work against better players. IMO instead of highlighting what you seem to think is an "amazing play" you should be criticizing the mistakes of the person who messed up because in reality neither person did anything amazing, one person just fucked up more then the other. The way you guys make it sound is like the person who didn't do "amazing" did fine, when they didn't. 

It was awesome, really enjoyed it. I only had one major gripe though. This is mainly directed to Chrono, my name is Unverclopt, not Underclopt, lol XD. Other than that I really enjoyed the competitive environment and the group commradery XD.