Sign in to follow this  
Voison

Elders Scrolls on PS4 & Xbox One

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/the-elder-scrolls-online-announced-for-ps4/

The Elder Scrolls Online announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Bethesda caused an outbreak of choking in surprise when The Elder Scrolls Online was announced as console release during Sony’s E3 conference. A new trailer accompanied the news, along with word of an exclusive beta for PS4 fans.

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will launch alongside the Mac and PC releases in northern spring 2014. You can sign up for beta testing on any platform at the MMORPG’s website.

Sony said “a beta” will be made available “first” exclusively on PlayStation 4; it’s not clear whether this means beta testing in general or, as is more likely, one of a series of tests.

Personally I think they just killed any idea of a successful MMO idea they had going. The only semi-successful MMO on console was FF11, and a majority of the people switched to PC. Since this is now going to be ported, the whole game is going to have to be "dumbed down" for console gamers. In return this is no longer an MMORPG, just another "Skyrim... BUT ONLINE" which will be cool for a few months, while you pay a sub fee. Then you'll grow bored of it and quit.. Like most people will... Like I said before... ESO was going to flop and look what happened. ^_^

Edited by Voison

There were rumors about ESO coming to consoles almost a year ago. I was not surprised at all by this, neither am I surprised it is pushed back into 2014. One would asume the game will be dumbed down in gameplay, content, combat, and have a shitty UI for console players to even play. If it has a sub fee like most MMOs, the game will go nowhere.