Shadow (ex-vVv)

CoD BLOPS 2 Applicant Feedback

I thought I'd comment on this, because I wouldn't even be here with my V's if I hadn't messaged Natural after my application was closed following my first pre-interview.  I have heard, especially lately, numerous applicants complaining about their applications being closed.  I asked all of them, did you message Natural to get a more detailed response?  Most of them said no.  When my application was closed, it felt like a slap in the face and rather than just sitting there and complaining about it I wrote a pretty lengthy message to Blackstarr and Natural explaining why I felt they made a mistake and re-emphasizing my value.

I think a lot of applicants just accept their closed application because most of them don't feel like they really have an argument.  The only argument I ever hear is, "well 'this guy' and 'that guy' aren't doing anything and they are members".  That's not an argument for their application staying open, it's just them saying, "well if that guy isn't doing anything than why should I have to".  If they felt they were wronged from a closed application, they should be able to come up with something to say in the next three days to convince Natural or Blackstarr that they were wrong.  I did, and I'm here now because of it.  Determination can get applicants much further than complaining, they just have to understand that.

I love you

I thought I'd comment on this, because I wouldn't even be here with my V's if I hadn't messaged Natural after my application was closed following my first pre-interview.  I have heard, especially lately, numerous applicants complaining about their applications being closed.  I asked all of them, did you message Natural to get a more detailed response?  Most of them said no.  When my application was closed, it felt like a slap in the face and rather than just sitting there and complaining about it I wrote a pretty lengthy message to Blackstarr and Natural explaining why I felt they made a mistake and re-emphasizing my value.

I think a lot of applicants just accept their closed application because most of them don't feel like they really have an argument.  The only argument I ever hear is, "well 'this guy' and 'that guy' aren't doing anything and they are members".  That's not an argument for their application staying open, it's just them saying, "well if that guy isn't doing anything than why should I have to".  If they felt they were wronged from a closed application, they should be able to come up with something to say in the next three days to convince Natural or Blackstarr that they were wrong.  I did, and I'm here now because of it.  Determination can get applicants much further than complaining, they just have to understand that.

I'm glad you stayed and earned your V's

#NeverGiveUp

deff a great way to show that you are worthy of yours V's. Big props to this and a good role model for future applicants. Welcome to memberhood lol

A big problem with the western education system is that it teaches people to sit down and shut up and do what you're told. I do think special consideration should have been given to the applications that were closed just to close out for CoD Ghosts, at least to explain why we were closing all the apps.

Just to give everyone a heads up, I will be making a new applicant feedback section for Ghosts later on tonight. Black Starr and I felt that it would be easier to organize discussion about the new applicants coming in while still having an archived history of the old one's. Anything in regards to Ghosts will go into that feedback section, while this one will be locked but still kept around.

Preordered mine from Newegg...hope I get same day release but I doubt it. lol we shall see.

im sorry also but the thirst from some of these kids to pay $100+ for the game to play 3 days early is beyond my grasp....so dumb.

they shipped them yesterday and the day before to get them to their customers on time.

i have ghost preordered will be getting it at the midnight release and probably take the next day off work and play alll day! will be checking the forum and shoutbox for apps to start playing with them

Oh im skipping half my classes. i have to go to anthro. but that will be my break. other than that. HERE COMES THE MARATHON

Just an FYI for everyone other than Natural and Blackstarr.  Once we start getting some applications coming in, and seeing some applicants really working to make themselves get noticed and providing the "value" that we deem important, I will be starting up something to be named later.  Essentially it will be an 'Applicant Spotlight' of some sorts to highlight specific applicants that are going above and beyond.  The purpose of this is to provide us as members an insight to applicants we may not know a lot about.  Even regarding myself (yes I creeped back in this post to see what people said) I saw people asking, "What has he done to add value" or "I haven't seen any real value".  So this spotlight will be a short interview with the chosen applicants to ask them about what they're doing to add value.  The completed interview will then be posted in the COD section (I'd like to spread this to other divisions eventually after I see how it goes here in the COD division) for all members and applicants to see.  This will inspire applicants, and make them want to get a spotlight, and help members to see someone's value as well.

I'm sure a question of, "how do we choose who to spotlight?" will arise so I'll answer it now.  Those of us that are active enough know the people working hard, but when it comes time for an interview I'll ask here in the members section about members that are doing things above and beyond; maybe someone that has an idea they are trying to get off the ground (as a spotlight of them and that idea could be the boost they need to really get it going), or maybe someone that has been working with N3ptune and Premie's program they are starting up that they feel is deserving of a spotlight, or maybe just someone that we notice is really active around here, social media, twitch, CGNs, etc.

One of the biggest issues I think with applicants is actually adding value, so why not spotlight the people that are doing it exceptionally and let all the applicants see what is being noticed around the community.  I'll be starting this up maybe a couple weeks into Ghost, once applicants come in and really get going and active.  If anyone has any ideas or tips that might help this process along I'll take any ideas into consideration.

Just an FYI for everyone other than Natural and Blackstarr.  Once we start getting some applications coming in, and seeing some applicants really working to make themselves get noticed and providing the "value" that we deem important, I will be starting up something to be named later.  Essentially it will be an 'Applicant Spotlight' of some sorts to highlight specific applicants that are going above and beyond.  The purpose of this is to provide us as members an insight to applicants we may not know a lot about.  Even regarding myself (yes I creeped back in this post to see what people said) I saw people asking, "What has he done to add value" or "I haven't seen any real value".  So this spotlight will be a short interview with the chosen applicants to ask them about what they're doing to add value.  The completed interview will then be posted in the COD section (I'd like to spread this to other divisions eventually after I see how it goes here in the COD division) for all members and applicants to see.  This will inspire applicants, and make them want to get a spotlight, and help members to see someone's value as well.

I'm sure a question of, "how do we choose who to spotlight?" will arise so I'll answer it now.  Those of us that are active enough know the people working hard, but when it comes time for an interview I'll ask here in the members section about members that are doing things above and beyond; maybe someone that has an idea they are trying to get off the ground (as a spotlight of them and that idea could be the boost they need to really get it going), or maybe someone that has been working with N3ptune and Premie's program they are starting up that they feel is deserving of a spotlight, or maybe just someone that we notice is really active around here, social media, twitch, CGNs, etc.

One of the biggest issues I think with applicants is actually adding value, so why not spotlight the people that are doing it exceptionally and let all the applicants see what is being noticed around the community.  I'll be starting this up maybe a couple weeks into Ghost, once applicants come in and really get going and active.  If anyone has any ideas or tips that might help this process along I'll take any ideas into consideration.

Are you thinking of something similar to an Applicant Review and a App feedback forum? http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/62130-application-review-ar/

Maybe them combined?

Also I've received these questions from vVv Doomhammer when I first started the DCGN.  It helps out!

What problem are you trying to solve?

Why is this problem worth solving?

what action is proposed to solve the problem?

Edited by vVv N3ptune

Cant play till Thursday maybe Friday :'(

EDIT: Ive edited the application form by removing questions about league play. I think now would be a good idea to start thinking of questions we can add to the application that are relevant in some way to ghosts but are not already on there. Suggestions please :)

Cant play till Thursday maybe Friday :'(

EDIT: Ive edited the application form by removing questions about league play. I think now would be a good idea to start thinking of questions we can add to the application that are relevant in some way to ghosts but are not already on there. Suggestions please :)

for some questions maybe like GBs, online turnnies, squad game mode, & if they have ever been in a clan/community before and what they did in it

also maybe ask bout there gun skill as in there strong or weak suit so they can give a honest answer bout the AR, Sub,  & sniping skills.

by asking that it may help people how in building teams, because it can give people a faster idea of how they play

Are you thinking of something similar to an Applicant Review and a App feedback forum? http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/62130-application-review-ar/

Maybe them combined?

Also I've received these questions from vVv Doomhammer when I first started the DCGN.  It helps out!

What problem are you trying to solve?

Why is this problem worth solving?

what action is proposed to solve the problem?

It is somewhat similar to the application review, it'll just be made public and be more about spotlighting their value.  It seems that there have been application reviews on members that may be on the chopping block as well which is where the difference comes in.  This would be simply to spotlight the applicants that seem to be really excelling.  So somewhat similar, just used in a slightly different fashion I suppose.  Application reviews are more for us the members as well as for the applicant to see where they currently stand; whereas this is about getting information strictly about how they feel they are adding value to the community and exactly what they want the community to know about them and what they're doing/working on.  Hard to explain it here, but once I get a question list put together I'll post it here.  Some questions will change (just the few 'tell us about yourself' fun questions), but the ones specific to their value will stay the same.