Shadow (ex-vVv)

CoD BLOPS 2 Applicant Feedback

I'd be fine with Metal getting the V's. He's active, seems like a chill dude, etc. I'd discourage him from being a non-member "recruiter" on other forums (advertising on other forums can go over not so well), but in the future he could be a good asset.

Any more thoughts on MaBleek? I don't think I'll be endorsing him (although, I've only endorsed Tahvvy but I digress). 

MaBleek seems passionate about what he does. He applied once in the past but got to the final interview and Medusa denied him due to what happened with him at a CGN. I have not played with him since but I hope he has became more humble.

I would like to say otherwise as I saw the subtweets. May not have @d them but I did see PeeVee and Xploh/Fin subtweet each other. 

Maybe between PeeVee and them but don't throw me into it when I wasn't involved. Thanks.

Also I really like Fhrosty. My opinion of him as changed since my first experience with him and I really do think he would be a great fit in this community now.

Edited by vVv Havik

Fhrosty has changed A LOT since last time. This  change has been a good transition into what a model member should be. I have not attended his game night but from what I hear it is great fun. Would not mind seeing him get his v's, he may be cocky at times about being the "model vVv appllicant" as I heard him say at times but he is the one standing out of all that I've seen right now.

Metal is also a great applicant I always saw him on the streams supporting the vVv team and is active on twitter and even recently updated his app is a great change from what he had before :)

Fhrosty has changed A LOT since last time. This  change has been a good transition into what a model member should be. I have not attended his game night but from what I hear it is great fun. Would not mind seeing him get his v's, he may be cocky at times about being the "model vVv appllicant" as I heard him say at times but he is the one standing out of all that I've seen right now.

From what I've experience in life (from dealing with it personally and watching others) is that it is really difficult to not be "full of yourself" when others say that you're "a model vVv applicant" or that "you are an amazing sailor and you should pat yourself on the back".  I believe we do play a part in applicants attitudes and I think we should be weary of what we say to and around applicants.  I was fortunate to have a Mentor knock me down a peg or two if I'm being arrogant in military life and I have had that here at vVv as well.  I completely agree with Frosty, especially for the fact that we are finally seeing who he really is, which is a good person and really willing to help vVv grow and prosper even more.

Yea, I would have to agree with frosty, good applicant, and his sniper CGN is a great idea and a hit atm. 

IMO (and this is just my opinion) we should look at Frosty and Metal atm for their V's.

We're forgetting about Raw....this guy I believe is a better fit than both Frosty and Metal.  The guy runs and hosts 8s lobbies at night, really active on the forums.  I see him in the shoutbox in the morning all the time as well

----------------

Also, what is considered posts that are spam (other than the vVv Count to 1million :P).  Specifically, I've seen 6-8 applicants and a few members (with the exception of vVv Black StaRR and vVv Addiction) posting the exact same "Welcome to vVv, this is my name and this is what I did for the community" messages.  Should this be stopped or maybe have a formal "hey write something unique" tutorial?

Edited by vVv N3ptune

Specifically, I've seen 6-8 applicants and a few members (with the exception of vVv Black StaRR and vVv Addiction) posting the exact same "Welcome to vVv, this is my name and this is what I did for the community" messages.  Should this be stopped or maybe have a formal "hey write something unique" tutorial?

Iv'e noticed Fhrosty doing it. It should be a 'member only' thing as they are official. 

Call of Duty players, fucking up welcome threads. How do you do that lol. Seriously, all you have to post is a genuine "welcome, how are you" post but instead every new CoD player thinks they embody vVv and feel the need to make these kinds of posts and take it upon themselves to act that way (CallMeCoach, great example of this). Not trying to generalize too hard, but this was never a problem before Call of Duty was big around here.

Edited by vVv Rapture

Lol Rapture and his hatred for COD :P

I completely forgot about RAW, Def. another great dude!

It's not that, it's just an observation. As I said, this was never a problem before the large amounts of CoD players.

I agree with your sentiment on Raw, tho. He's a good guy.

Edited by vVv Rapture

We're forgetting about Raw....this guy I believe is a better fit than both Frosty and Metal.  The guy runs and hosts 8s lobbies at night, really active on the forums.  I see him in the shoutbox in the morning all the time as well

----------------

Also, what is considered posts that are spam (other than the vVv Count to 1million :P).  Specifically, I've seen 6-8 applicants and a few members (with the exception of vVv Black StaRR and vVv Addiction) posting the exact same "Welcome to vVv, this is my name and this is what I did for the community" messages.  Should this be stopped or maybe have a formal "hey write something unique" tutorial?

Iv'e noticed Fhrosty doing it. It should be a 'member only' thing as they are official. 

I agree, I don't really like applicants posting that, I know they're trying to help and stand out, but the welcoming should come from an official member.  

Call of Duty players, fucking up welcome threads. How do you do that lol. Seriously, all you have to post is a genuine "welcome, how are you" post but instead every new CoD player thinks they embody vVv and feel the need to make these kinds of posts and take it upon themselves to act that way (CallMeCoach, great example of this). Not trying to generalize too hard, but this was never a problem before Call of Duty was big around here.

I agree with all this. I have been helping Blackstar out, so that's why I've been using the topic moderations. I think we should tell the apps to stop posting them. I think it is making the topic moderation carry less weight because it ends up being the 2nd or 3rd long post in their threads.

Edited by vVv Addiction

I agree with all this. I have been helping Blackstar out, so that's why I've been using the topic moderations. I think we should tell the apps to stop posting them. I think it is making the topic moderation carry less weight because it ends up being the 2nd or 3rd long post in their threads.

So my next question is what will be our course of action on this?

Thats how CoD players do!  Fuck shit up and leave it for Rapture :):P

So my next question is what will be our course of action on this?

Thats how CoD players do!  Fuck shit up and leave it for Rapture :):P

Private message fhrosty and others and let them know

Ok, so its clear nobody likes the applicants making those kind's of posts. Will someone please pm those applicants and let them know not to do it anymore.

I will do it in the morning if that is okay.  I am playing a quick game with some apps and heading to bed

If someone can give me a full list of all the applicants doing it, i'll gladly do it. As some of you know, I have zero problem being a blunt asshole.

If someone can give me a full list of all the applicants doing it, i'll gladly do it. As some of you know, I have zero problem being a blunt asshole.

Fhrosty is a start. 

Fhrosty is a start. 

has anyone contacted Fhrosty yet?

DuTcHieSss is another applicant who posts the same message on new applications.  Already PM'd him

I support Raw I have known him for maybe 5 years and he has always shown great support and leadership. Always takes the initiative when it's needed without being told to. I know his work schedule limits him sometimes but he is great to have for the late night gamers. 

Edited by vVv Papabear

I spoke to frosty last night, he said that because he doesn't copy and paste anything and actually types out his message each and every time, that it was ok. He made reference to Black Starr so if you could verify this Black Starr it would be appreciated.  

I spoke to frosty last night, he said that because he doesn't copy and paste anything and actually types out his message each and every time, that it was ok. He made reference to Black Starr so if you could verify this Black Starr it would be appreciated.  

Not copy & pasted? It's like the exact same every time, apart from the extra he puts on. 

TBH I do sometimes write out the same "Welcome to the forums!" for every intro post, but it's more because I don't play CoD/MMO and we rarely get LoL intro posts so there's nothing there really for me to relate to.  If There were I'd put more effort into it.