vVv Shadow

CoD BLOPS 2 Applicant Feedback

Hey guys here are some applicants that have been here for a bit and I would like your opinions!

Britzel:  Haven't seen activity in over a month.  Was at a CGN about 2 weeks ago and was in a party the whole time. http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/61474-britzel-vvv-application/

Xploh - Seen him at a CGN two weeks ago and played against him at vVv Flxsh's 2v2 SnD tourney.  Good kid but haven't heard from him in a long time...http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/61792-xplohs-vvv-application/

PaLiiBoY - Great guy, always asking for help and I believe he has been in the Esports community in a while.  He is active in the forums as well. http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/62131-paliiboys-application/

xI RyannN - Been wanting to play with me lately but I haven't been able to...anybody play with him before? http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/62197-xi-ryannn-app/

Yes his application should still stay open because age is just a number and doesn't express maturity level.  We just had a 14 year old girl (Glowstick aka Asus Fox) that was an applicant.  

Paliboy applied for SC2 a while ago but couldn't really commit the time to become a member.  Not sure if his schedule has changed or what.

With regards to young apps, I don't feel we should be worried about closing them quickly if there is no evidence of maturity or value.

When he got killed by someone he insulted them by saying "You're a virgin"

To be fair, that's not the worst I've heard come from Stitches' mouth.

The applicant Digital is 13 years old. He sent me a voice message on XBL and he sounded 6. Keep a very close watch on him. Should we allow his application to stay open? 13 is very young

I know him personally, he's very mature for his age.

Been playing with MvP ArkaineX and BigPapaGack

MvP ArkaineX is a really good kid but will open up to you when he is comfortable with you.  I think he is nervous because English is his second language and he has a tough time with his grammar at points.  Really good gun skill though!

BigPapaGack is another guy that is really laid back and humble.  He enjoys asking questions and is always engaged while playing and in the community.  He is really appreciative for the help we have given him so far as well.  Just so everyone knows (and he posted it in the Vacation/Away portion of the forum) that he will be gone for about a month so lets not forget him :)

Also, APK BOOT 4 LYFE messaged me last night thanking me for the help we have given him in this community but apologized for his poor play.  I replied telling him that his play was okay and we all have to work on it every day.  He may be someone to look at as well 

+1 for bigpapagack.  He's really passionate about the community even though he's new, and wants to start a Military, friends, and supporters CGN night since we have a good representation of military members here.

wait that military cgn is for anyone who is a friend of them too? i have like 5 friends in the military now. I can play lol.

Was in the Sniper CGN last night, around 16 people in there. 15 of them were mature and respectful, then there's xI RyannN, constantly annoying. He kept shouting down the mic, over-spoke everyone and even started humming continuously. He was a little too chilled for my liking. 

wait that military cgn is for anyone who is a friend of them too? i have like 5 friends in the military now. I can play lol.

Someone asked this before so...are you military? :P

Was in the Sniper CGN last night, around 16 people in there. 15 of them were mature and respectful, then there's xI RyannN, constantly annoying. He kept shouting down the mic, over-spoke everyone and even started humming continuously. He was a little too chilled for my liking. 

Kind of like MuG Optimize?  :P

Edited by vVv N3ptune

Yes, in fact I would be 100% opposed to an "x only" type of event in vVv as it builds silos and cliques which are damaging to having a community that values diversity.  We had this issue with the SC2 Aspire program where the SC2 players would only play with each other and it caused a lot of problems.  For a community to be healthy everyone needs to feel free to interact with everyone else, that's why we strive to make sure we only accept the best people into vVv Gaming.

Yes, in fact I would be 100% opposed to an "x only" type of event in vVv as it builds silos and cliques which are damaging to having a community that values diversity.  We had this issue with the SC2 Aspire program where the SC2 players would only play with each other and it caused a lot of problems.  For a community to be healthy everyone needs to feel free to interact with everyone else, that's why we strive to make sure we only accept the best people into vVv Gaming.

I completely understand where you are coming from vVv SugarBear and I apologize to vVv Tahvvy if it seemed what I said was rude.  I just took it as what was put in the post by BigPapaGack and that is was a "Military" CGN meaning that it was a military function where we can share stories that we all understand (Which BigPapaGack stated).  Military members understand other military members because we have shared the same experiences or similar.

--------------

UPDATE 1221pmEST 19JUL13:  After finally getting the opportunity to go through the forums today and check out what is posted or replied I seen the update from BigPapaGack's CGN by naming it "Military, Veteran, or friend and supporter CGN".  That speaks for itself for my above comment.  Everyone's invited now! :)

-------------------------------------------

I personally should of never singled out "military" in a sense because I really do not believe in the "lets single out a group and praise them" in my life.  I love and care for everyone equally. I just did that with the military CGN and I apologize.

Edited by vVv N3ptune

It's not a problem, I just wanted to clarify that.  I understand the military jargon thing having spent time with military groups socializing before and I get a bit lost sometimes.  My hope is that the non-military members can ask whenever they get to that point and this will bring everyone closer together and hopefully shine some light onto military life/culture that our non-military members can share in.

Just be prepared for a lobby full of acronyms for the most ridiculous things, in fact, we might as well name it U.S.M.C.G.N.W.F.A.S.W (US MILITARY COMMUNITY GAME NIGHT WITH FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS WELCOME)

Boom, you have now all been schooled on what it means to be in the military, take EVERYTHING, and make it into an acronym. .......Everything...

haha but It seems like a cool idea, and a chance for people to get to know the military people in here and ask questions if anyone has any, you know how some of these younger people are interested in what we do and stuff like that

It's not a problem, I just wanted to clarify that.  I understand the military jargon thing having spent time with military groups socializing before and I get a bit lost sometimes.  My hope is that the non-military members can ask whenever they get to that point and this will bring everyone closer together and hopefully shine some light onto military life/culture that our non-military members can share in.

Just be prepared for a lobby full of acronyms for the most ridiculous things, in fact, we might as well name it U.S.M.C.G.N.W.F.A.S.W (US MILITARY COMMUNITY GAME NIGHT WITH FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS WELCOME)

Boom, you have now all been schooled on what it means to be in the military, take EVERYTHING, and make it into an acronym. .......Everything...

haha but It seems like a cool idea, and a chance for people to get to know the military people in here and ask questions if anyone has any, you know how some of these younger people are interested in what we do and stuff like that

I understand it now in that matter :P  I just hope people understand that there is some things in life (not just in the military) that you don't understand a situation until you experience it.  I know we all have felt that before.

Just wanted to mention the 2 applicants that stand out most to me right now are

Frosty and Metalfoot

prolly leading the race in activity

Just wanted to mention the 2 applicants that stand out most to me right now are

Frosty and Metalfoot

prolly leading the race in activity

I Totally agree with Frosty... he keeps me informed on what he is doing for the community and seems very active... and BigPapaGack seems like one of the standout apps to me also 

MetalFoot is a GREAT dude, constantly trying to find ways to add value , he says he doesnt have much to build on right now but is slowly learning new things to help out, He is interested in being "recruiter" or some type of public relations for the community, he sent me a post he wanted to put on forums informing people about vVv and what we are about, I told him to hold off on that, any thoughts?

I'd be fine with Metal getting the V's. He's active, seems like a chill dude, etc. I'd discourage him from being a non-member "recruiter" on other forums (advertising on other forums can go over not so well), but in the future he could be a good asset.

Any more thoughts on MaBleek? I don't think I'll be endorsing him (although, I've only endorsed Tahvvy but I digress). 

There was no issue between myself/PeeVee and Xploh/Finloctopus on Twitter during the 2v2 tournament. 

I would like to say otherwise as I saw the subtweets. May not have @d them but I did see PeeVee and Xploh/Fin subtweet each other.