Sign in to follow this  
Magicmooch

New Community Event Opportunity

Hey guys! Mooch here throwing out some new ideas to help our community grow.  After having a chat with Chrono we have decided on a couple of opportunities for the community that we think we can really strive to achieve, but we need your input first! One of the more recent ideas that we have come up with was a little bit of a change to our in-house structure but only for Tuesdays.  

We want to gather 4 teams together, from the community AND applicants, to participate in a little mini tournament for a prize pool that has yet to be determined.  These four teams will play together in a best of 3 show match, on the Tuesdays that I mentioned earlier with the winner moving on to a "Grand Final" to play for the aforementioned prize pool.  

We want you guys to be able to play for something, get a team-like competitive feel, have fun together as a community, and to get behind you favorite community team!

So let us know what you guys think! If you have any suggestions OR if you want to be on one of the four teams, let us know below!

Again, this is for existing community members AND applicants!

Edited by vVv Magicmooch

I like it just a few questions, how would we determine teams and do we even have enough for four teams of people that will commit every Tuesday? 

So.. -bitelipshowsomeleg-

I'm now accepting applications for me to be on people's teams.

.. Try not to bombard me with too many at once <3

I heard team "sideline" was looking for you...

------------------------------------------------

Great idea mooch, I look forward to watching. Who knows, with school ending, I might get that competitive drive again.

Edited by vVv WaKai

I like it just a few questions, how would we determine teams and do we even have enough for four teams of people that will commit every Tuesday? 

Great questions JayC, I know Chrono answered it in mumble but I will type it out in here for those that may also be wondering. 

We will determine teams kind of like we do during in-houses now by picking each player, looking at the opposing team/teams, and then balancing them out according to ranking/skill level/past performances.  As for commitment, this thread will act as a tool to get people to know about it and for people to say that they will be available for 3 Tuesdays in a row.

Bear in mind that it would only be 2 of the teams a week.

For example:

• Team A vs Team D in Week 1
  • Team B vs Team C in Week 2
  • Winner of A vs D will play Winner of B vs C for a prize in Week 3
  • Loser of A vs D will play Loser of B vs C for bragging rights in Week 3

So if you are available one Tuesday but not the following, or maybe can only make it every other week, we will do our best to have the games accordingly so people will not be left out.

Edited by vVv Magicmooch

So we wont be able to form our own teams? You get to pick the team out of a player pool?

We will be splitting the teams up because we don't want complete dominance by one team while another team may get ROFLstomped by everyone

We will be splitting the teams up because we don't want complete dominance by one team while another team may get ROFLstomped by everyone

I guess that makes sense.

But I'd better get some cute people :x

If nightbean, starbutt and I get on a team, do we get a dysfunctional team handicap and get some diamond players in? >.>

LOL no

If you have someone in mind that you want on you team then sure, they can be.  It wont just be us looking at balancing, we will all do it together, much like the in-houses.

I'm all for this but I'm in the same boat as vVv Stix.  Schedule is a little different than everyone elses.  I work night shift and I am usually online in the mornings when no one else is.  So like I said I'm down if I can make it. 

I'd be down if there is a pool for players, if not then how would it be set up?

There will be a sign up thread coming as soon as we know the numbers and interest, so let us know guys!

I'm totally down for something like this. But what would the times be? Would it be like an afternoon or night thing?

From how we usually do things, it would probably be an evening thing seeing how most people work during the day

I'm totally down for something like this. But what would the times be? Would it be like an afternoon or night thing?

From how we usually do things, it would probably be an evening thing seeing how most people work during the day

Yes, it would be on Tuesdays, same time as the in-houses.  8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific.

Hrm... So this will basically be the new In-house?

not exactly, this is just for 3 Tuesdays for the first time around.  It is not confirmed if this will be a monthly thing or not, or just kind of like every once in a while.  It all depends on how things go the first time around!